Twitter: Stephen Jones on looking outside the building

blueblood70

Reaction score
Talent acquisitions are a year around job says Stephen,except for the cowboys,who never acquire any when needed.
Never LOL they bring in players when they need them I mean you remember the amari Cooper trade yeah that was the biggest one but they brought in plenty of players throughout the year when needed but you can't trade for players that's what he's saying it's too early in the season that too many teams are in it there's not that many teams to trade with anyway that has a player they'd be willing to let go but it isn't right now they're gonna look outside the building they're just not gonna make a trade what they meant they're bringing in probably some free agents or a practice squad player and that's the only options they have now so why don't you guys calm the flip down already..

He's absolutely correct teams are unwilling to move players right now because of how tight everything is right now in the NFL and everybody's actually in it more things will heat up before the trade deadline but by then we probably won't need one because they're all coming back I mean when you guys just missed the point and you're so mad at the front office that you can't even read what they meant and make your own actual conclusion that they're 100% correct...

All of us sat here on Friday the day after the game and said the very same thing you can't go out make a trade because many teams aren't gonna make a trade right now they're not in trade mode. That's all they meant is that they are interested like just happen to be a team that wants to move somebody don't contact them but they know better because most teams and I mean most that have someone we can use will be about 20% of the teens out there are not ready to trade at this moment if they were they would I've already contacted the Cowboys this is not the time of the year that you can make a premier trade for a guy that would make a difference they're not letting those guys go...

blueblood70

Reaction score
"But for the most part, no one is willing to mail anything in right now."

he is correct they're not ready to deal premier players or impact players because they're all in the race right now I mean they get jumped over for being real he just means a trade he didn't mean they're not gonna be bringing in free agents for workouts or maybe get someone off a practice squad but that's it that's all they're gonna be able to do unless the team happens to look over and go hey maybe I am willing to trade someone and just happen to call that's what he meant he's 100% correct there's nothing wrong with what he said but hey let's pile on the Jones hate train because all y'all can't see through your hate that he's said what was absolutely true it isn't 'cause they're not willing to make one it's that no one else is in that mode right now...

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Many here have their heads buried in the sand.
giphy.gif

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You guys have no idea what you're talking about literally if you read it with your eyes open and your head out of your **** and stop blaming them for saying something that's absolutely true teams do not deal premier players when they're all still in the race he's saying if one chooses to do so they'll contact him but that's not normal especially this year with everybody being in it the NFL is kind of weak right now everyone's in like a bunch right now they just don't give up good players while they're still in the Hunt.

That's what he meant that people are not willing to give up players and that they're gonna have to go elsewhere in free agency or off the practice squad where there is actually like 3 or 4 that can help out and these aren't seizing ending injuries for us either and we're about to get bland back but you guys are all delusional and clueless at the same time that you read things that aren't the....it all out it's the truth it's a fact..
Thank you for assuming what I was talking about. I am strictly talking about the all in and passing on Henry, who, by the way, wanted to be here. I believe I mentioned all in within my post. As far as them trading for a player, they won't.

But all his double talk about what teams will do ignores this guy wouldn't do it even if the phone rang and an offer made to Dallas. This has nothing to do with the other franchises, and everything to do with the liars that run this franchise.

My head is clearly not up my rear.

shabazz

Reaction score
Wait til Jerry realizes that his depth in the WR corp past Ceedee sucks too.....

Those 3rd easiest NFL schedules no longer exist and reality is ready to smack our owner in the mouth

But since we are in trading fantasyland, let's get a DT, LB, CB, RB and WR that are bonafide starters.....I mean, we are just that close to greatness

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why even try to acquire anyone anyway, how much of a difference is it really going to make. Go with what you have, this appears to me to ba a lost season anyway by how the off season was handled.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Look outside the facility?? You mean like Henry? Jones? You’re an ****** clown.

stinkface

Reaction score
There has to be someone on someone's practice squad worth getting... PS. Yannick Nagokee Ravens Practice Squad poach.

plasticman

Reaction score
Most teams are built to withstand some injury to a position here and another position there.

However, when the injuries are concentrated in a single squad, one that was considered a strength, there is really nothing you can do except play the guys you still have and hold on until guys get healthier.

The strength in the Cowboys defense was supposed to be the pass rushing by the DE's and the big play ability of two All Pro CB's. Now, only one of the CB's is playing and he is still struggling, not fully recovered from his injuries.

This was supposed to be the season in which the Cowboys were two deep at each DE position. Out of the four DE's expected to contribute, only the rookie is healthy.

This should eventually change later in the season. The question is, by the time these players return to action, will it matter?

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Think about it...who would want to help us out in a time of need? We have no leverage here. Everyone knows we are in bad shape but I can't help thinking, what have we done to this point with both of them?? Nothing last year and from where I'm sitting nothing at this point that indicates we have improved. Yep, glass half empty. Save the draft capitol and play this out.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Wait until the trade deadline to see how the team is playing. Then decide if the team is selling or buying. Young guys will have to figure it out.

Staubacher

Reaction score
In other words, they are not going to do anything unless someone comes to them to talk trade.

I've said it before, JJ and SJ are a lazy front office
He's made comments like that before that they are wait to hear from people they are not proactive. They saw the great ratings we had for the last game and they once again realize they can make a lot of money without putting the best product out there.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Thank you for assuming what I was talking about. I am strictly talking about the all in and passing on Henry, who, by the way, wanted to be here. I believe I mentioned all in within my post. As far as them trading for a player, they won't.

But all his double talk about what teams will do ignores this guy wouldn't do it even if the phone rang and an offer made to Dallas. This has nothing to do with the other franchises, and everything to do with the liars that run this franchise.

My head is clearly not up my rear.
No I don't care what you thought you know when I read a headline and then I read a bunch of posts under a tweet that literally said what Steven Jones actually gave a quote and he was absolutely 100% right and this whole thing spirals out of control as usual I'll reply how I want 'cause you're part of the problem I mean we literally he he's asked a question he gives a straight answer his answer is actually real and when you say all in I don't think anybody thought Derek Henry is gonna be this good 'cause why wouldn't the Titans keep him why wouldn't 30 other teams had gone after him with more money everybody believes that players with this age are gonna fall off a Cliff sometime you see what's happening with CMC they gave him $38 million for two years and now he has some medical issue that doesn't just go away overnight Achilles tendonitis in both ankles this is what happens This is why people stay away from older backs I get it I admit it was wrong in hindsight but I know what they were thinking and what most of the league was thinking at some point Derek Henry has to fall off a Cliff and behind this line with this offensive play collar in this situation I don't know that he's having the same success he has a quarterback who's one of the best running quarterbacks in the history of football who's usually their leading rusher and they have the mindset to run the football on offense they are not a passing offense I don't think Henry is having the same success here as he would there.

We'll talk in week 17 but you know what I mean I'm tired of it I'll open these things up and people like make up their own conclusions about what Steven Jones says even though it wasn't hidden there was no hidden message he's right teams are usually not willing to trade anything right now because they're all in it it's such a close early start to the season where everything's wide open and the NFC is even weaker we have a chance to get back and no team is usually giving up a premier guy whether it's running back defensive tackle or a premier pass rusher that's what he meant he meant that they'll call him but he knows that really nobody's willing to do that right now so why bother they're gonna go after some free agents and guys on practice squad that's what they're gonna do then they're gonna bring up Galvin cook but this is mike mccarthy to fix this **** this is his fault. Between schottenheimer McCarthy and the offensive line coach somebody needs to figure this out because this looked bad last year and looks just as bad this year it's not the players it's the scheme and that goes for all the vanilla routes that they run in the pass game they open this **** up after game six last time last year and they should have came out guns a blazing and they didn't and it's all on Mike McCarthy not on Jerry Jones except for the fact that he kept Mike McCarthy and he expected Mike McCarthy to do a better job and he hasn't up to this point...