Twitter: Stephen Jones on looking outside the building

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No I don't care what you thought you know when I read a headline and then I read a bunch of posts under a tweet that literally said what Steven Jones actually gave a quote and he was absolutely 100% right and this whole thing spirals out of control as usual I'll reply how I want 'cause you're part of the problem I mean we literally he he's asked a question he gives a straight answer his answer is actually real and when you say all in I don't think anybody thought Derek Henry is gonna be this good 'cause why wouldn't the Titans keep him why wouldn't 30 other teams had gone after him with more money everybody believes that players with this age are gonna fall off a Cliff sometime you see what's happening with CMC they gave him $38 million for two years and now he has some medical issue that doesn't just go away overnight Achilles tendonitis in both ankles this is what happens This is why people stay away from older backs I get it I admit it was wrong in hindsight but I know what they were thinking and what most of the league was thinking at some point Derek Henry has to fall off a Cliff and behind this line with this offensive play collar in this situation I don't know that he's having the same success he has a quarterback who's one of the best running quarterbacks in the history of football who's usually their leading rusher and they have the mindset to run the football on offense they are not a passing offense I don't think Henry is having the same success here as he would there.

We'll talk in week 17 but you know what I mean I'm tired of it I'll open these things up and people like make up their own conclusions about what Steven Jones says even though it wasn't hidden there was no hidden message he's right teams are usually not willing to trade anything right now because they're all in it it's such a close early start to the season where everything's wide open and the NFC is even weaker we have a chance to get back and no team is usually giving up a premier guy whether it's running back defensive tackle or a premier pass rusher that's what he meant he meant that they'll call him but he knows that really nobody's willing to do that right now so why bother they're gonna go after some free agents and guys on practice squad that's what they're gonna do then they're gonna bring up Galvin cook but this is mike mccarthy to fix this **** this is his fault. Between schottenheimer McCarthy and the offensive line coach somebody needs to figure this out because this looked bad last year and looks just as bad this year it's not the players it's the scheme and that goes for all the vanilla routes that they run in the pass game they open this **** up after game six last time last year and they should have came out guns a blazing and they didn't and it's all on Mike McCarthy not on Jerry Jones except for the fact that he kept Mike McCarthy and he expected Mike McCarthy to do a better job and he hasn't up to this point...
Perhaps what needs to happen here, instead of the 564 words you wrote - I counted them - you just be civil with other people and their opinions, and realize you are offering your opinion which has the same value as anyone else. Instead of barking at people who don't share your point of view.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Perhaps what needs to happen here, instead of the 564 words you wrote - I counted them - you just be civil with other people and their opinions, and realize you are offering your opinion which has the same value as anyone else. Instead of barking at people who don't share your point of view.
I think he has very little else to do but write his novels

MikeT22

Reaction score
It was already a lame duck season running it back while sitting on our hands all offseason. So no need to throw away picks on the dumpster fire.
Jerry and Stephen own this.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But wait, didn't they say they were all in before? Then why would anyone truly believe them now?

I swear both Jerry and Stephen wear asbestos pants to prevent their lies catching their trousers on fire.
Well said.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Wait until the trade deadline to see how the team is playing. Then decide if the team is selling or buying. Young guys will have to figure it out.
I think we only have to wait until week 8. Something tells me it might be definitive by then this year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nah I think that'll be me and I don't write things the reason they are long and sometimes seem like a ramble or a rant or don't have exclamation points or any kind of things because I use talk to text it's that easy and no I'm not valuing opinions because most of the opinions are all negative and they're not even true I mean people are saying things as if they're Bible in here if there's some kind of like something they know that we don't know like they basically make statements as if they were statements of fact because they're making assumptions but putting it in here as the reality they don't know what goes on up there they don't know that they didn't contact 7 pass rushers but most of them didn't have any interest in coming over or maybe they were pricing themselves out of the market but when someone says that the front office doesn't care they're the worst GM and worst front office that is not even true it's not even a true fact that we know that look around the NFL how is Jerry Jones and this front office is the worst in the NFL yet they have kept themselves relevant enough to be top 6IN regular season win percentage their winning divisions they're getting to the playoffs 5 out of last eight years you can't do that by being as bad as this place describes them as so I will not sit and listen to hyperbole and opinion when it's being written as fact they're saying they don't care they're bad they're doing nothing they're lazy why haven't they done something sooner well you don't know what been doing you're not in their heads you're not in the building listening to the phone calls and watching them write emails nobody knows what's going on up there they could be trying if people could just be not available this early in the season like they said...

So whenever Twitter tweet or an interview happens and the front office says something like the other day where hope to find some people in our building welcome some practice squads but a trade can't happen because most teams are not willing to trade assets right now because it's too early in the season and everybody still has a shot especially this year even more of a shot so we're not making calls to make a trade we'll try to find some help and Joe Parsons and tank come back and they were being 100% honest it was real and it was actually a fact most of us know nobody's letting go of premier players right now for a trade they're very limited in what they can find and who they can find I mean most of the people that would be available that they're going to look at or not gonna do a very good job replacing Parsons and tank these guys are Pro Bowl type players you're not replacing them with other Pro Bowl players so you gotta find what you can like the eagles did last year and never could find a good mix I mean if Howie Roseman is that much better than than Jerry Jones and Steven Jones then why could they never fix their defense last year why is it they can't find good coordinators why is it that when they lose good players they lose games they look different that's why the NFL is the same yes there is some front offices are a lot better than the Dallas Cowboys they're more aggressive they try harder they spend more money in free agency but in the end the results are not there most of the time..​
So whatever this illusion looks like when these other teams are doing what they're doing there's no magic pill there's no blueprint for trying to replace this many players at one position..​
I'm all for opinions but when people are writing opinions as if it's a known fact if it's they're writing things that are actually true then I'm gonna have to have a little rant like this just like you're telling me I'm not allowed to have my opinion you're telling me I should just be more tolerable to other people's opinions no 'cause when I read something I don't like then I'm gonna give my opinion and you're gonna have to be more tolerant to my opinion or don't read and put me on ignore that's the easy part.​
You have a choice not to read my stuff you also have a choice not to be a Dallas cowboy fan the people in here are so bitter the the opinions are so outlandish they're all negative it sounds like I'm talking to an eagles fan I come in here and it feels like I'm in an environment of hate and not of a team that we're all supposed to be supporting and that we root for no it feels like enemy territory do you know what I'm coming back and firing back on the opinions that I feel are not true and need to be checked so yeah I decided to be the mayor of fact checking and have to remind people that this front office isn't that as people say they are has this team in the top 6IN win percentage the last decade they're always on prime time they're still getting ratings we're actually going to the playoffs and winning divisions a lot more and a lot more frequent than other teams I realize we're supposed to set our expectations like the 49ers or some of the other top teams you know like KC but that not always possible.​

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm all for opinions but when people are writing opinions as if it's a known fact
My comment, that set your head spinning, was about Jerry stating all in.
Jerry said it. That makes it a known fact.

You told me to pull my head out of my rectum. Basically because of something Stephen said, and you repeated ad infinitum.

This 800 word thesis on you and your position, including the comment outlined here above, seems to contradict your sentiment that you react when people pretend their opinions are fact.

Once again, Jerry said it. So that makes it fact. Not opinion.

You walking this back by suggesting people, ie me, are spouting off fabrications painted as fact doesn't actually fit this situation.

So. who in this kerfuffle was offering an opinion as fact, and who was merely stating a factual comment by Jerry Jones?