Twitter: Stephen Jones on the O Line

Mr_437

Reaction score
Don't wanna hear th FO talking no mo. Fortify th run game an load up on defense. Stop parading WRs around th Star unless a new offensive scheme is n place.

Running game, defense that's all.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
" We hope Green continues to develop.....but he is no ******* starter"

Thats how I took it

Yep. This said 'Cooper is not coming back at all, Green is just a backup at best next year, and Collins we're considering moving back inside depending on whether it's easier to fill an OT or OG position with another good player."

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They sure have bought into this OL thing.

A long ways from when they dismantled the line and dumped Leonard Davis, Gurode, Colombo and Gurode and replaced them with embarrassing trash for a while.

Now they seem a little too focused.

There was time when this Front Office (and many here) tried to sell us on Phil Costa, aka the previous version of Jeff Heath.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Chaz Green should not even be living in Texas much less playing for the Cowboys

cern

Reaction score
You ever notice how much he or his father says things like "certainly we hope", "we'll see" and "quite can't put our finger on it"?

Just sounds like they are trying to convince the audience that they have a plan but comes off as complete uncertainty.
just another example of jerry's "ambiguity" strategy.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You ever notice how much he or his father says things like "certainly we hope", "we'll see" and "quite can't put our finger on it"?

Just sounds like they are trying to convince the audience that they have a plan but comes off as complete uncertainty.
Steven like Jerry is trying to develop the art of talkin without saying anything AKA Jerry speak

MojaveJT

Reaction score
So he’s basically saying they don’t exactly know what they’re going to do. Hope and see if Green develops?

What kind of answer is this?

And if he doesn’t? “We’ll re-evaluate our guys”

I’m thinking Stephen is as bad as his father. I had high hopes too.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well, lately, the "fruit of Jerry's loins" (Stephen) is picking up his game. Seems like he sensed the heat is on! :D

Last edited:

Gaede

Reaction score
I don't like the sounds of this. Maybe we'll move our RT to LG...

Just like last year. Maybe we'll start our backup RT at LG. Maybe the guy we signed we'll start.

Just make a plan and follow through!!!!

Jumbo075

Reaction score

Nope. But the reality is that it is not good practice to bash your employees in public. There is a guy where I work that I believe needs to be fired tomorrow. But until such time as he's fired, I will talk up his good traits to those outside the organization, while simultaneously lobbying his boss for his termination. He DOES have some good traits. They are just completely overshadowed by the issues that require he be fired. So, I'm not lying when I talk about his good traits to those outside the organization.

When the Jones talk about the good traits of their employees, e.g. "he's still developing," or "he throws a pretty spiral", it doesn't mean they are blind to the faults. But as long as they are still employees, you don't speak bad in public about them. Period. End of story. And even after they're gone, you don't speak bad about them, because Why?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. But the reality is that it is not good practice to bash your employees in public. There is a guy where I work that I believe needs to be fired tomorrow. But until such time as he's fired, I will talk up his good traits to those outside the organization, while simultaneously lobbying his boss for his termination. He DOES have some good traits. They are just completely overshadowed by the issues that require he be fired. So, I'm not lying when I talk about his good traits to those outside the organization.

When the Jones talk about the good traits of their employees, e.g. "he's still developing," or "he throws a pretty spiral", it doesn't mean they are blind to the faults. But as long as they are still employees, you don't speak bad in public about them. Period. End of story.

Exactly right.

To expect otherwise is naïve.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The level self-delusion in the front office is staggering. Chaz Green? Oh my freakin god.

Chaz has 4 fans: Jerry, Stephen, Garret, and Adrian Claiborne. In fact, Adrian should send him a commission check for the deal he just signed with the Patriots.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I tend not to care too much about picks from rounds 4-7, because the likelihood they make an impact is small, and putting a lot of emotional energy into them is a bad investment. But picks in the first 3 rounds are important. The two head-scratcher picks in the first 3 rounds in the last few seasons are Escobar and Green. Both of them caused me to question the judgment of the front office, and both times I was right. Now, there are some other picks I liked a lot, (Frederick, Williams, Wilcox, and Gregory) that have mixed results. But at least the picks made sense to me. I never understood Escobar and Green - even though I determined to be patient and allow the possibility that I was wrong.

Carter

Reaction score
Chaz Green? Someone tell Stephen thats its not April 1st yet.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m hopeful this means if they can find a RT Collins is moving back to LG.