Twitter: Stephen Jones On Trades

Rayman70

Reaction score
Who you do you think they target if they do go up?
If I may...I think we target Sutton honestly IF and ONLY if we move up. If we think he will be gone at 19 and another team in front of us has a need at WR...say,in the top 12...I can see us trading up. Not sure but I would prefer we stay put and take either Payne,Hernandez or Edmunds at 19. I see Edmunds being a safety under Kris Richard...like a Kam Chancellor type.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Jerry has been in check too long and the draft is in Dallas. Get ready for a splash. He knows fans are angry too.

We desperately need something to be optimistic about going into next season and the draft class is not going to cut it.

The coaching here stinks. Everyone knows it.

Rookies are going to be rookies unless you somehow land a phenom which is rare.

Dallas fans and I would say even the players on the team need someone they can point to on the team that gives them a feeling of change.

2017 offseason negativity lead us right into a negative season.

2018 is not off to a great start.

Management needs to create a spark and these tiny coaching changes have done nothing.

Aven8

Reaction score
Actually, he talks in a less rambling fashion that does not need a decoder ring to translate.

On the down side, since he is easier to understand, his comments expose him. Just as they did here.

A lot less "umm's" and Jerrys favorite word "trite" for sure.

Section446

Reaction score
Jerry has been in check too long and the draft is in Dallas. Get ready for a splash. He knows fans are angry too.
And money for season tickets is due just before the draft, there are more than a few of us re-considering if it's worth it.

Aven8

Reaction score
We desperately need something to be optimistic about going into next season and the draft class is not going to cut it.

The coaching here stinks. Everyone knows it.

Rookies are going to be rookies unless you somehow land a phenom which is rare.

Dallas fans and I would say even the players on the team need someone they can point to on the team that gives them a feeling of change.

2017 offseason negativity lead us right into a negative season.

2018 is not off to a great start.

Management needs to create a spark and these tiny coaching changes have done nothing.

Only positive I've seen this offseason is people thinking that Richard is going to come in here and magically make our secondary the Legion of Boom. Lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
Man, Jerry has actually passed the torch to Stephen and he's blabbing away just like Daddy!
lol...learned from the best. I have no clue wth Stevie just said. lol....guess its lying season again...ie draft time.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Only positive I've seen this offseason is people thinking that Richard is going to come in here and magically make our secondary the Legion of Boom. Lol
I for one NEVER thought this. But what I do see is a pretty significant improvement. I think we will also add someone in Free agency.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That is the thing, there really is not that wow player up there that can make you say that.

And yes, I am absolutely considering the likes of James, Fitzpatrick etc.

Derwin James and Fitzpatrick both would make us significantly better at the safety spot.

I like Fitzpatrick but I can't help but think Derwin James is going to be the better pro but I think he needs to be around the box to really have a huge impact.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

The secondary is going to be better but if our linebackers are as terrible as they were last year at covering it won't matter.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think a lot of you are missing the point.

He acknowledged they are open for business to trade during the draft. That is not really a question.

This was more about trades involving veterans. Either their own or others.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Usually we are pretty transparent. You have to read through the tea leaves but we certainly don't try to deceive anyone.
Depends what it is...but yep...and that gets frustrating when Diddy or Junior speaks then inserts foot into mouth. Its almost without fail.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think a lot of you are missing the point.

He acknowledged they are open for business to trade during the draft. That is not really a question.

This was more about trades involving veterans. Either their own or others.
Nah I get it. He would be foolish NOT to say that. Its good business.

Alexander

Reaction score
Usually we are pretty transparent. You have to read through the tea leaves but we certainly don't try to deceive anyone.
But that still does not stop fans from screaming "it's a smokescreen!" when either Jerry or Stephen Jones come out and say something.

Normally, if you can figure out what they are saying, they are literally telling everyone what they are going to do.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Explanations like these are why the Cowboys are the way they are.

We have part-time employees doing full-time work

Agree 100% and I've been saying the same. Our GM spends time booking concerts, WWF and soccer into the stadium...Let's not forget the marketing. Real GMs live, breath and sleep football...But hey, our marketing rocks!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently it is simply asking too much for Cowboys front office spokesmen (Jerry, Stephen) to be quiet about what they’re thinking. It appears that if you want to know what the Cowboys’ mindset is during the offseason about the draft, trades, how they value certain players and who they might cut, just ask the Jones boys and they will tell you.

This is not a problem in well run organizations. You never see quotes from NE, Pitt, GB, etc. talking with this much specificity about offseason thinking.

The Jones boys are powerless to not speak to a microphone. The most powerful entity in the Cowboys organization is not Jerry or Stephen...it’s a microphone.

Alexander

Reaction score
Apparently it is simply asking too much for Cowboys front office spokesmen (Jerry, Stephen) to be quiet about what they’re thinking. It appears that if you want to know what the Cowboys’ mindset is during the offseason about the draft, trades, how they value certain players and who they might cut, just ask the Jones boys and they will tell you.

This is not a problem in well run organizations. You never see quotes from NE, Pitt, GB, etc. talking with this much specificity about offseason thinking.

The Jones boys are powerless to not speak to a microphone. The most powerful entity in the Cowboys organization is not Jerry or Stephen...it’s a microphone.
Relevance of the brand. That is priority.