Stephen Jones: TE a priority in the draft

fishspill

Reaction score
I don’t care what they said about last year’s draft, they wanted (and should have) Dallas Goedert and got got by Philly. That guy could have made a big difference for this team this season and going forward.

Proof

Reaction score
LOL Rams run for 270 yards and the teams making TE a priority????? Buffoons run the show here.

The defense is well appointed, they just got undressed and out coached in that game. I’m always for more impact defenders, but a quality TE is a much more pressing need

Hardline

Reaction score
I don’t care what they said about last year’s draft, they wanted (and should have) Dallas Goedert and got got by Philly. That guy could have made a big difference for this team this season and going forward.
They probably would've gotten him if Witten could've held off on the retirement talk a little longer.

Big_D

Reaction score
The defense is well appointed, they just got undressed and out coached in that game. I’m always for more impact defenders, but a quality TE is a much more pressing need

Their track record at TE is terrible. I'd like a great one too.. just don't see that happening where they are sitting in the draft.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Hey Stephen, 1 or 2 good picks and this defense could sniff being elite. I acknowledge we need a TE, but we have young, talented guys on the roster. Take the best DL available in round 2 and maybe even round 3.

--a hungry Cowboys fan

Big_D

Reaction score
That was only one game tho

Most important game of the year and probably the best RB combo they faced. Win or go home and they went home and it certainly wasn't because of the TE.

Reactions: BAT

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yeah, I really doubt they’re playing 3-D chess and sending out smoke screens 4 months before the draft. I wouldn’t give them that much credit. It shouldn’t really surprise anyone that they would be looking to make TE a priority in this draft. Swaim is a FA and there’s a good chance he won’t be re-signed this offseason.
To be honest, it is kind of nice not having a first.

This way, people cannot pretend that tricky Jerry is n sending out "smoke screens" via the media.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Right. No way he’s stupid enough to actually say what pick this team is looking at.

TE is a clear position of need. He’s telling the truth. It may not be our first pick but the Cowboys would love to add a TE to the offense.

It’s so easy to narrow down the Cowboys first round pick based on their biggest need.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Most important game of the year and probably the best RB combo they faced. Win or go home and they went home and it certainly wasn't because of the TE.
Thats true,
I don't think TE is a priority, maybe saftey and DT

Doomsay

Reaction score
Cool, we are on the never going to win a championship diversion again.