Bust.
Buuust.

Best sung to TOS there.

giphy.gif

But that's impossible!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Both Quinn and Bennett are in their 30's. Competent organizations let these types of guys go and replace them with younger players. This is why the Taco and Hill picks hurt so much. You're not only drafting bad players, you're also having to use extra draft capital and free agency money to clean up those misses.
Players like Quinn and Bennett are also the types that organizations pick up late in their careers and prosper with on the short term. I am at least glad that the team realized that the younger players they drafted were horrible and they had to do something. That is a bit of a departure from previous years.

But back to the idea of younger players. The idea that the draft is so important is shifting. Mainly because teams are realizing that you can't just expect to hit every pick and have them ready to go. There is not enough practice time. You can't devote a lot to development because frankly it is next to impossible with the limited number of practices available. So this idea that you can just coach up some guy is a fool's gambit. That is why you have to be careful about the youth thing.

If I am running an NFL team, I stock it full of vets on the cheap. This idea of building with youth just means you are building with young players that you have to pay within four years or so. Supplement your roster with veterans that you pick up as needed.

Nobody is saying give Quinn a three year deal. Just be prepared to offer a sweet one year. And manage your cap accordingly. If he leaves, he leaves. But don't insult him. That is what a lot of vets want. Many realize that there has been collusion and they won't get nice deals that they can ride off into the sunset.

ghst187

Reaction score
The problem is he just doesn’t have a lot of talent...

Sydla

Reaction score
I think it is a bit amusing that the guy who says they don't do free agency because you overpay says he hopes they can find another Quinn or Bennett in that pool next year.

That comment makes no sense on any level. They had to trade for both players.

And guys like that tend to cost money if you get them in FA. At least more than the pennies we like to throw around in FA.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
20 years from now Jerry will be gone, Stephen will still be talking, his son will be his right hand man, and some fans will still be saying THIS year we'll get back to the SB.

Honestly, it's hard for me to have much hope with these fools running the show. Might as well pick two guys from this board to run the team.

cern

Reaction score
I love stephen's simple, honest take on things. Quinn has proven to be a great move. Bennett will prove to be as well. And by making a trade there are no compensatory picks involved. Brilliant moves by stephen.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
We can't resign everybody. The cost of keeping Quinn and Bennett may be too high but what about Crawford and DLaw?

We all know Crawford isn't worth the money and I never like the resigning of DLaw. Because the 2019 draft was loaded with DE talent and we had 30 plus contracts ending after this year. If they'd never resigned DLaw we wouldn't be struggling to keep players.

If they would have let DLaw walk and put Taco in his spot, we could easily keep this team together. Why over pay for a DE in 2019 when the 2019 draft was loaded with DE talent? That's the move that put us up against the wall.

So now we will have to reload our defensive line in a draft that's skimpy on good definsive linemen. Which means more bottom feeders. Cause Dak, Cooper, and Jones come before any of the other free agents.

The only other real choice they have is let Jones walk to field a competitive defensive line. They'll just have to replace him in next year's draft. But having Taco, Jones and a healthy wallet would have been my preferred choice.
Deep like brian burns amd montez sweat? I question the intelligence of anyone who didnt wabt to sign lawrence. What kind of trash do yall want at dline? :facepalm:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
A desperate bid by Stephen to win over the C-Boys' fandom . . . well, it won't work!! You signed him, now face the music, Stevie!! :dance:

reddyuta

Reaction score
Hoping that we update to a 2020 model of a defensive coordinator, but if for some reason Rod is still in the building, he should be rudely and blatantly ignored when he speaks on draft day.

how about tying him like cacophonix and leaving him outside the star like in the asterix comics?

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I wish Marinelli would use a monster 1 technique NT at least sometimes. And that Dallas had one. I know he goes for the quick twitch DTs and everyone’s got their own style. It’d be nice to be able to switch between 4 Dlimeman and 3 to confuse some teams or play goal line run defense. Hill seems like a traditional 3 technique, in the nfl you might want some kind of skill set that helps you stand out and be productive something a little diff like long arms or 330lbs, super fast or something. I don’t think we know what Hill’s skill is yet, but in the trenches a couple years of hitting the weights goes a long way.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Deep like brian burns amd montez sweat? I question the intelligence of anyone who didnt wabt to sign lawrence. What kind of trash do yall want at dline? :facepalm:
This past offseason, I would've taken Taco's 12 million in the next three years over DLaw's 55 million in the next three years. I would save over 40 million dollars and gotten similar production.

But I guess you missed the part where the Cowboys knew they had 35 contracts ending after the 2019 regular season. That's 35 players that all want raises. So if the Cowboys would have saved that DLaw money, Stephen Jones wouldn't be on talk shows talking about how we can't sign everybody.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Oh and just FYI. If you create a post calling out someone's intelligence. You might want to clean up those typos and capitalize a couple of those proper nouns.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
This past offseason, I would've taken Taco's 12 million in the next three years over DLaw's 55 million in the next three years. I would save over 40 million dollars and gotten similar production.

But I guess you missed the part where the Cowboys knew they had 35 contracts ending after the 2019 regular season. That's 35 players that all want raises. So if the Cowboys would have saved that DLaw money, Stephen Jones wouldn't be on talk shows talking about how we can't sign everybody.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Oh and just FYI. If you create a post calling out someone's intelligence. You might want to clean up those typos and capitalize a couple of those proper nouns.
Name the deep DEs that would be putting up numbers on our defense with no Lawrence. I don’t care about typos you read what I typed. I type fast but YOU type dumb stuff. All y’all we shouldn’t have paid lawrence people sound stupid. It’s amazingly stupid actually. Do better please

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Step it up he says? Well they are the ones who took a PS project that high. Step it up FO and quit wasting picks on Taco,Williams and Hill types. Alll project players not ready to play out the gate who were all healthy. That’s what I would point out to the FO.