Twitter: Stephen Jones: Trysten Hill will be a starter

quickccc

Reaction score
Soo proud of Hill's determination to not despair and getting discouraged about the negativity that haunted him.
He didn't let it get him down where he could have quit the game, didn't have the strength and drive to comeback stronger.

Several fans even on this board, flamed him, insist on being down on him, and were persistent on calling him a bust that
the team should cut and get rid of him. Lazy, immature, attitude, etc etc.

But now he's rebounded enough, pushed hard enough and impressed enough to where the VP of the Cowboys is confident
to put it on the line to say Hill will be a starter.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Again, coaching matters.
and knowing how to use the talent. Putting them into good situations. Something the last staff refused to do.Hill honestly never had a chance. Coupled with him being older,and having good coaching, I thing he will be serviceable enough and get better as we go.Its all about game reps.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
tenor.gif
:laugh::laugh: Perfect

cern

Reaction score
and knowing how to use the talent. Putting them into good situations. Something the last staff refused to do.Hill honestly never had a chance. Coupled with him being older,and having good coaching, I thing he will be serviceable enough and get better as we go.Its all about game reps.
Marinelli was a clown.

Flamma

Reaction score
Soo proud of Hill's determination to not despair and getting discouraged about the negativity that haunted him.
He didn't let it get him down where he could have quit the game, didn't have the strength and drive to comeback stronger.

Several fans even on this board, flamed him, insist on being down on him, and were persistent on calling him a bust that
the team should cut and get rid of him. Lazy, immature, attitude, etc etc.

But now he's rebounded enough, pushed hard enough and impressed enough to where the VP of the Cowboys is confident
to put it on the line to say Hill will be a starter.

There were also numerous fans on here that told everyone to not expect him to be Randy White on day one. To give him some time. I wasn't one of them, but I didn't trash him either.

I think many fans were just upset we passed on a safety and then Hill didn't immediately produce. I wasn't one of them either. But after the 2020 draft I am no longer upset we didn't draft DK. Metcalf.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Marinelli was a clown.
yep..all he did was tell them to go get the QB...lol..no real dynamic coaching. It was really like a Highschool coach. Really too simplified and he was unwilling to listen to the players. The good coaches really know how to use th players and install schemes that fit what they do best.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm definitely relieved to see Hill have such a turnaround. Very few here expected him to experience such a reversal of fortune, including myself. He's to be congratulated for fighting his way back and surprising everyone. I'm pulling for him to continue to excel and keep his mojo going strong. :)

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm definitely relieved to see Hill have such a turnaround. Very few here expected him to experience such a reversal of fortune, including myself. He's to be congratulated for fighting his way back and surprising everyone. I'm pulling for him to continue to excel and keep his mojo going strong. :)
I agree. If anything, he can be a rotational guy and learns how to stop the run. I keep going back to that..stopping the run. We got gashed up the middle alot last year. We were routinely attacked like that.I hope that has been a priority.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Seems the Head Coach should be the one deciding on who is starting and when to say this publicly.

Now the rams know Hill is starting and can take a longer look at ways to attack him specifically.

but yea everything is different now. This is the 4th time this week Jerry or Steve have talked on the radio.

what tape are they gonna use to study him he didn’t even play in 2019 LOL

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great. Then let the HC talk depth chart and who is starting. Management buys the groceries— coaches make the meal.
You don’t have any clue how things work. MM doesn’t seek the spotlight. In fact, the opposite. It’s been obvious since day 1 he has been in control of who the coaches are, what he needs as far as the draft, what he needs as far as FA’s. It’s right there in front of you if you open your eyes. Sure the Jones are going to say this and that but as far as the players are concerned its after MM has made his decisions.

MikeB80

Reaction score
lol it doesn't matter. MM will show his worth next Sunday with his game management.

if it doesn't matter then how come yesterday Bill Belichick said he is not naming any starters at any positions today to the press.