Stephen: No QB even with top 5 pick

Dre11

Reaction score
Only if Lawrence isn’t there. He’s not expecting Cowboys to draft #1 overall. But if they do Lawrence will be the pick. I don’t think any other QB would be a huge upgrade over Dak so BPA makes sense if Dallas doesn’t pick #1.

lol...they would not take Lawernce at any cost and they shouldn't, trade the pick for multiple 1's

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's more than obvious that Stephen is set upon either getting his money's worth from Dalton or keeping Dalton as his starter and finishing poorly. In either case, the Cowboys won't get the benefit of seeing what Gilbert is capable of doing for this team. It surely sounds like a loser's way of managing a team in need of acquiring a capable backup QB for the future. Hopefully, we'll keep Garrett Gilbert, in lieu of lacking another good candidate at QB.

Let's consider that there's no guarantee that tanking will guarantee future success, by any means. It's likely to be a rough road ahead, no matter which way we turn. Stephen has no more of a clue than Jerry ever did. Hopefully, we'll get lucky and find talent, with help from Will McClain. It's likely a good bet that Jerry's son, Stephen, isn't the one to resolve this team's backup woes.

Last edited:

TWOK11

Reaction score
I’d take a pass rusher or offensive tackle if the value is there. Otherwise I’d trade back with someone who wants a QB.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
tenor.gif
:lmao:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If we get the No. 1 pick overall and Trevor Lawrence is the prize, there's no way we're passing on him. Book it!
Who do you think would market the Cowboys better - Trevor Lawrence or Dak Prescott?

However, if we're within the top 3 and Justin Fields is available, we're trading down or taking the next best player.

But the Jets have that pick wrapped up before Christmas.

Verdict

Reaction score
I keep telling you guys and you just won't believe me.

No joke. Even if we had the first overall pick we wouldn't take a QB. We'd trade the pick.

So don't waste your time worrying about losing enough games to get into position for one of the QBs. Those morons in the front office aren't interested.

You have one hope if you want to test negative for Prescott. That they just aren't able to sign him.
That is a realistic possibility.

jgboys1

Reaction score
As it stands, the Cowboys are in position to have a top-five pick in the draft next spring, but quarterback will not be among the team’s priorities, according to Stephen Jones. The Cowboys have wanted to re-sign Dak Prescott all along and could us the franchise tag at a cost of $37.7 million. “Dak is our quarterback and we’re so fired up about him and him leading us in the future,” Jones said.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
Sounds like he’s learned a lot from his dad.

Looks like another 25 years of nothing.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Sounds like he’s learned a lot from his dad.

Looks like another 25 years of nothing.
It's a feel good atmosphere where everyone is friends.

They fail to see why running a pro sports team doesnt work that way.....

The idea that no other in all four sports arent run that way, or 25 years of futility notwithstanding.

Jerry's way.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
These guys are so stupid. Even if you have no intention of taking a QB, you don't advertise what you absolutely won't do in the draft. Especially bwith what will likely be a top pick

Other GM's and teams don't take what Jerry and co. says in interviews lol. This is just fan service.

Gaede

Reaction score
Other GM's and teams don't take what Jerry and co. says in interviews lol. This is just fan service.

Dude they totally take serious what these idiots say. Because they literally say everything. It's no surprise everyone and their mom knows who we like in the draft