Stephen on 105 about TE

John813

Reaction score
IMO I think he's right in that you don't need to take one high to potentially get a good one.
Draft history shows that too. Not like we are discussing QB's, where only a few pan out after round 1 and even less pan out as UDFA.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Wait so having multiple years of elite tape against P5 competition despite having a size score that graded out as "Poor" is okay for one guy but for the other guy whose size graded out as "Good" it's not? Obviously I'm not saying I would rather have Mayer than Anderson, just pointing out there are plenty of guys who don't check every athletic box that are still expected to be good-to-elite players. Look no further than the likely 1st overall pick in this draft who would be the smallest QB taken in the first round in NFL history.
You asked me about Anderson and JSN right? I just shared that neither are poor athletes…I’m not sure I follow.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's not as if Washington can't catch, he just wasn't used that way. If not for Brock Bowers, Washington probably has something like 50 catches for 800 yards, and is the head and shoulders TE1.

He has as much upside as a receiver as any other TE in the class.

Yeah, I don't think he has much higher upside as a receiver than Kincaid, for example.

And honestly, if you could get a guarantee on Musgrave being healthy, I'd take him as a pass catcher over Washington as well.

The Washington hype is massive around here, LOL.

Sydla

Reaction score
Kincaid also shouldn't be a first-round pick.

Basically none of them in the last decade should be lol
If Kincaid isn't a first, then Washington isn't either.

While Kincaid can't block nearly like Washington, he's so far advanced as a pass catcher and he's way closer to the current prototypical TEs that dominate like Kelce and Kittle. So if you think Washington is a first round guy, Kincaid should be there as well.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The ESPN Sports reporters mock had The Chargers taking Mayer at 21. The reporter didn’t even hesitate. The Green Bay reporter took Kincaid at 13. Reporters usually know something.
That is possible, but I am hearing GB is targeting JSN. Listen, of the TE's go, not a big deal, others will drop. We are going to get a good player. Think this front office has earned trust with their 1st rd selections over the last few years.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think he has much higher upside as a receiver than Kincaid, for example.

And honestly, if you could get a guarantee on Musgrave being healthy, I'd take him as a pass catcher over Washington as well.

The Washington hype is massive around here, LOL.
Well if the upside as a receiver is equal, then the other things that Washington brings would make him a better pick. Upside as a receiver is kind of a guess for all of these guys, but Washington's athletic traits put him right in that conversation with the 5-6 other guys.
If Kincaid isn't a first, then Washington isn't either.

While Kincaid can't block nearly like Washington, he's so far advanced as a pass catcher and he's way closer to the current prototypical TEs that dominate like Kelce and Kittle. So if you think Washington is a first round guy, Kincaid should be there as well.
I don't think either is a first, but Washington is closer than Kincaid (or even Mayer) because of the physical traits.

I mean, basically anything about Kincaid you could have said about Dawson Knox, and Knox had elite testing. He was a much better pick at 96 than Hockenson at 8.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
That is possible, but I am hearing GB is targeting JSN. Listen, of the TE's go, not a big deal, others will drop. We are going to get a good player. Think this front office has earned trust with their 1st rd selections over the last few years.
Ok. That is the key. If Green Bay passes on a tight end then there is a good chance Mayer makes it to Dallas.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They are picking so late, very hard to predict, they will have a definite number of targets and need to see how it unfolds before them
Broaddus just said that he is hearing Green Bay wants an offensive tackle at 13. Maybe your boy Jones. Says the tackles will be moving up draft boards.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Broaddus just said that he is hearing Green Bay wants an offensive tackle at 13. Maybe your boy Jones. Says the tackles will be moving up draft boards.
Hearing the same thing, the tackles are going to come off the board quickly, Jets at 15, may have to go in a different direction.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hearing the same thing, the tackles are going to come off the board quickly, Jets at 15, may have to go in a different direction.
Just a quick check, the Jets were disappointed with their TE play last season. 15 could be Mayer or Kincaid floor as they look to add another weapon for Rodgers.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
One thing to note, Mayer dropped weight in his run up to the combine. He played at ND in the 260s.

And your comment on Washington is strange because honestly, I'd take Kincaid over him. Yeah he's a questionable blocker but in todays NFL, his ability to catch the ball is almost Kittle/Kelce-esque.
You take Kincaid and he is basically your WR3 and you run 12 all the time with Ferguson at the Y/H/F.

If it wasn't for his back I would be onboard but 25 year olds with back injuries in the first are a hard pass for me.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Harrison, Oklahoma Offensive Tackle will be my surprise top 20 pick. Especially if Arizona takes a tackle at 3.

Jake0

Reaction score
Is running 12 all the time with a trash run blocking primary TE actually a good thing?