Twitter: Stephen on Garrett: I don't necessarily think the answer is always change

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The echo chamber in here sure does swarm when the real world provides some proof the team views it’s problems a lot differently than consensus wants them to.

MS17

Reaction score
The Jones approach-----Reminds me of a Yogi pearl from years ago, "It's deja vu all over again....."

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I wish I could say this shocked me. The only things that's changed this season is the FO is much more audacious in their claims to know more than real football professionals.

It kills me, but it might be time to abandon this ship. Continuing to root for this team would make me almost is clueless as those running it and even more stubborn.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The echo chamber in here sure does swarm when the real world provides some proof the team views it’s problems a lot differently than consensus wants them to.

Most feel a decade is long enough for a head coach...……….and if the team sees the problems differently, why haven't they fixed it yet?

Saying to the fans, "yeah, our head coach has never won jack but we don't see him as the problem" begs the question of why they haven't fixed what they perceive as the real problem yet.

Or is the team immune from criticism of never fixing any problems? They can just keep going 8-8 every year and never expect to be questioned?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Saying one game at a time is the same as saying win or your fired.

Every coach/player whether they're winning or losing says you take it one game at a time. It's standard coach speak that applies to every situation.
Coach speak sucks, but is far better than giving responses that are sure to anger fans even further.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No1 has faith in this front office that's why and you know it.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

The issue may just be that they do need to view it's problems differently than they do. They certainly don't have the history over the last 2+ decades that they assessed and solved problems quickly or efficiently.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You overreacting ninnies. This isn't a vote of confidence, it is a clear indication to anyone interested in the job that we like the players we have and aren't interested in a wholesale system change that doesn't match the talent.

Y'all need to stop listening to Sturm. Now that he works for a subscription news source, he gotta go all controversial to get reads.
?

Because a decent HC is going to come to Dallas and be prevented from making whatever changes they feel necessary, in order to win? I mean, you may be right but anybody who is really paying attention understands that if you are correct in this being a covert message, the message is that if you take this job, you are a yes man and a HC in name only. At least, that's what I see if I read into that statement.

Last edited:

texbumthelife

Reaction score
You overreacting ninnies. This isn't a vote of confidence, it is a clear indication to anyone interested in the job that we like the players we have and aren't interested in a wholesale system change that doesn't match the talent.

Y'all need to stop listening to Sturm. Now that he works for a subscription news source, he gotta go all controversial to get reads.

This entire system DOES need to change tho. This is the Cowboys front office wanting to fit square pegs in round holes again because they'd rather have sustained mediocrity than suck it up and be bad for a couple seasons to build for the future.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Not surprised. Others are pointing out what I’ve been saying for years: You fire Garrett-top for who? Another Jerruh puppett? The Jones’ like their guy. When they say jump he always says how high.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Every coach/player whether they're winning or losing says you take it one game at a time. It's standard coach speak that applies to every situation.
Coach speak sucks, but is far better than giving responses that are sure to anger fans even further.
But not the owner when talking about the coach.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not surprised. Others are pointing out what I’ve been saying for years: You fire Garrett-top for who? Another Jerruh puppett? The Jones’ like their guy. When they say jump he always says how high.
Not even close to being true and I’m not a fan of Garrett.

Plankton

Reaction score
Boy, things will be so much better and well run once Stephen Jones takes the helm.