Stephen on Trey Lance: He exhibits everything you would think a top 5/top 10 pick would exhibit

Motorola

Reaction score
If Lance has improved substantially, does it save MacCarthy?
Mike MacCarthy's tenure as the Cowboys head coach to extend beyond 2024 solely depends on the Cowboys playing in NFCCG this upcoming postseason.

visionary

Reaction score
Not a Dak thread. See post #1.
Hmmmm…. very confusing

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I have a feeling the young fella going to make every doubter eat their words. The physical traits are there, the intelligence traits are there. There is an astronomical jump game speed wise from his level of collegiate competition to NFL. See Tony Romo, and Jordan Love.
That can only happen if he plays. Is there a plan to have him start regular season games?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
How sweet would it be to, in a couple years, turn the tables on the 49's and go on a run of dominance over them with the QB they gave up to us for a snickers bar.

We should all be hoping for that.
no, we can't do that. it has to be one way or no way.

I hope Trey does well, but I'm for the team not the player kind of fan. shrugs

Brax

Reaction score
If Lance has improved substantially, does it save MacCarthy?
If they started TL and he played well and won games then yes it might save his job. That said I don’t believe MM is a great coach but that’s a opinion and I could live with adding a year to his contract if TL is viable

Big_D

Reaction score
Stephens football knowledge is just a breath of fresh air. I feel much better about the Lance situation.

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Johnny Unitas,Brett Favre,Kurt Warner, Each cut and deemed incapable of earning an NFL roster spot by The Steelers,Falcons and Packers......

Those three teams got to watch them go on to HOF careers.The 49ers are the ones who traded 3 first rounders for Trey Lance, the Cowboys have invested a single late 4th.
Blanket assessments of Trey Lance's potential are automatically incorrect based on these players,and teams experiences.

Let's tap the brakes on the Jones hate around the incredibly error prone issue of NFL QB development.Don't make me go all Jeff George-Jamarcus Russel-Ryan Leaf-Akili Smith on anyone.QB eval is a difficult issue and no one, pro or amateur knows the right answers. The Pats passed 5 rounds on Tom Brady,the 9ers passed two rounds on Joe Montana.Time and patience will tell the tale on an NFL QB.