Stephen on Trey Lance: He exhibits everything you would think a top 5/top 10 pick would exhibit

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Lance is so good he failed to beat out Rush to be the #1 backup.
And he lost out to Brock Purdy, Sam Darnold, and Brandon Allen in San Francisco.

The 49ers were going to trade him for a 7th round pick or possibly cut him because they did not want to lose Allen.

Luckily for them, Jerry came in and saved the day.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It's lying season guys. It's something Stevie does daily,not too good at it. No GM will tell what they REALLY are thinking right now btw. Post draft,he may reveal the "plan" if there is one.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
While such positive words are always good to hear as a fan, it’s hard to take what the Jones’ boys say seriously anymore — only what they do.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Every offseason the lies never stop. At this point the team just needs to go 3-14.

Aven8

Reaction score
PS will be a lot more fun when we finally get to see what we traded for…..

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if he plays badly, I'm going to blame Jerry, not him. He will probably need the best offensive line, the best defense, the best rb,wr, sort of like the guy now. lol and a new coach ever other year, then new oc's, and dc's. he's trey good.

JPM

Reaction score
Stephen is well known and respected judge of football talent......

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trance will not play this year and be a free agent.

It was a complete waste.
That is a definite possibility. However, what will or will not happen this season does not counter Lance played as a starter before he was traded for.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If Lance has improved substantially, does it save MacCarthy?
MM is an excellent QB coach. Him coaching Lance to significant improvement should not be surprising.

If the club sees Lance winning his game ith his arm then I could see the wisdom in keeping MM. I think he is an underrated QB coach.