Stephen: Sometimes that old oblong football doesn't bounce your way

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Elway is a legend but I couldn't imagine how this place would be if Dak made it to 3 super bowls and never won lol
I am far from a Dak fan if you've seen my posts or replies... I will say this. As long as it's been since we've been to a Superbowl, If Dak can get us to 3 Super Bowls (I don't care if we lost all 3, it's just the shock of him getting us there), I would worship Dak...

But naaaah, it would never happen. He can't even get us past the one and done in the playoffs....

Brax

Reaction score
He’s talking about now, not the past but nice try.
He’s responsible for the whole past, the only bad bounce was when they dropped Stevie on his head. He’s watched Dak choke for 8 years and he’s talking about extending him, and folks wonder why the team is in the shape it’s in, imagine letting a low grade moron make decisions let alone speak in public, a prime example of nepotism at work, we like our guys equals “I don’t have to work to hard because daddy has my back

zekecowboy

Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones on @MadDogRadio said it’s a “priority” to get a new contract done with Dak Prescott. “(Franchise QB contracts), they just take time.” Jones on believing Dak can win a Super Bowl in Dallas:

“Absolutely. I mean, I totally think Dak can lead us to a championship. He does everything the right way. He’s certainly the leader of this football team. He keeps everybody motivated in the offseason. He’s got everybody working out and doing all the things that it takes to put in the work to give yourself every opportunity to win a championship. It just so happens that sometimes that old oblong football doesn’t bounce your way. And we’ve had some tough breaks and tough games there in the postseason. But we’ve won 12 games three years in a row. I think that’s right at the top in terms of what teams have done over a three-year period. And we’re hanging around the rim. We’ve just gotta go up there and grab it, to use a basketball term, and dunk it in. We’re hanging around the rim. We just got to get the job done.”

Great, now we know that Stephen can say the politically correct things. However, we have NO idea what Dallas plans to do assuming they have a plan. I tend to think the 1 year contracts for the coaches speaks volumes.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
We better hope the Jones sells the franchise because Stephen may possibly be worst than his father.

ArtClink

Reaction score
The last 3 seasons have been better than any 3 consecutive seasons under any Cowboys head coach not named Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson, or Barry Switzer.
So you’re satisfied with no deep playoff runs and our usual first round exit?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
At least when Jerry spews his usual nonsense it's sort entertaining because the words literally make no sense. Stephen comes across as just boring and stupid.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Older QBs than Dak who won their first SB with the team they were drafted by:
John Elway (made 3 Super Bowls at a younger age but lost them all)

QBs who were the same age as Dak who won their first SB with the team they were drafted by:
Phil Simms

That's it.
Cross Phil Simms off. He won the SB in his 8th season. Dak is entering year 9. I don't care about a few months difference in birthdays.

JayFord

Reaction score
This is how Stephen sounds to me when he talks

Sometimes I poop in the toilet but for the past couple years the missus has been on me about it being around the rim and near the toilet

Sometimes the ole dookie doesnt hit where you need it to

Reactions: CWR

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least when Jerry spews his usual nonsense it's sort entertaining because the words literally make no sense. Stephen comes across as just boring and stupid.
The thing that gives Jerry some credibility that Stephen will never have is Jerry earned his money himself. Jerry is a bad football executive but he’s a brilliant businessman.

Stephen Jones only qualification for his professional position with the Cowboys is DNA. There’s not another team in this league that would hire or retain him with his lazy, entitled resume. At least Jerry worked hard to be where he is.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Fish said it all today. Dak had his best year ever, MVP runner up. After 8 years do you really expect him to top last year? We have seen his best and it is still far from enough. Trade him now, gather lots and lots of picks and keep your fingers crossed going forward. I’m all for that actually! Blow it up now when we can get a Kings ransom for him and $100m in cap room. Next year we get squat, zilch, nada if we decide he’s not the guy. Thx…
Who is trading for Dak on an expiring contract? Unless there’s an injury to a contender’s QB during training camp no one is trading for him. Even if that does happen you might get a 1st but certainly not a ”king’s ransom”? And don’t forget Dak has to agree to the trade.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The thing that gives Jerry some credibility that Stephen will never have is Jerry earned his money himself. Jerry is a bad football executive but he’s a brilliant businessman.

Stephen Jones only qualification for his professional position with the Cowboys is DNA. There’s not another team in this league that would hire or retain him with his lazy, entitled resume. At least Jerry worked hard to be where he is.
How hard is it to be a "brilliant businessman" when you are born rich?

It takes money to make money, and those that are born into it have the biggest advantage that could possibly exist.