Stephen: Sometimes that old oblong football doesn't bounce your way

fivetwos

Reaction score
They seem to think they’ve gotten closer than they actually have.

If you lost a SB, maybe lost another one or two CG along the way…

But the closest they have gotten has been three VERY difficult playoff wins against the best of the best away from a championship.

Three wins…when they haven’t been able to manage more than one playoff win in a season since they last won it all. That’s NOT “close.” Sorry.

I know they sell, but I do believe part of it is about misevaluation since both of our GMs need their evaluations fed to them by staff.

Their little fun setup doesn’t work…and there’s a reason why no other pro sports franchise is run that way.

THAT, along with no consideration of change whatsoever, is what pisses me off much more than losing.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Actions speak louder than words. If Dallas really wanted a deal done by now, it would have happened. The play-off loss to the Packers was an eye opener for JJ & son.

plasticman

Reaction score
Now he's a philosopher.

Stephen will soon be given the opportunity to show the world that he is a true statesman as well as humanitarian....when he makes the decision to hire a real GM and dedicate his own time strictly to the marketing department.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Actions speak louder than words. If Dallas really wanted a deal done by now, it would have happened. The play-off loss to the Packers was an eye opener for JJ & son.
I really think the loss was a total surprise to Jerry and his cohorts. They were shocked, and more than that, they simply couldn't believe it. Even now they're mystified as to what went wrong. Never occurs to them neither Jerry nor Stephen is capable to running an NFL team to the extent of winning Super Bowls.

And it never will....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This team is signing Prescott.

And it turns my stomach.

This franchise is hopeless with this ownership and it’s getting worse every year.
Lol no they’re not.

Even if they wanted to they won’t be willing to pay him what he wants.

Dak knows he’ll get more in free agency.

And Dak is about that money above all else.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the new standard appears to be, "We had a good year." "Whats wrong with the fans.?" " We keep winning 12 games a year." Yes, I expect Dak to win big games when they matter, the win total is a sidebar. I want postseason wins. He hasn't had much help defensively speaking btw. If the new standard is sit down, and like it, because we win double digit games each year, but get bounced early in the playoffs, Count me out. Lemme ask this, is the goal still to win playoff games and ultimately, a ring? Its a real good question these days. MANY YT content creators, MSM guys at DC.COM , seem just fine with all of it, as is. I notice the DC.COM guys never ever dare push back too hard against the way things have been done here. Mickey Spags might be the truest case and point example. I swear, that guy releases the exact same cookie cutter articles every offseason. I never see him REALLY pushing back against the way things are done in Dallas by the Jones family. It makes me sick. Which is why I don't watch him much. This organization has been "around the rim" the last 3 years, but now we seem headed for an air ball. Thanks Jerry and Stevie.

Rayman70

Reaction score
They are either the stupidest people in the national football league. Or they think all of their fans are.
its the 2nd thing. Its obvious if you listen to the outright lies they spew, thinking they are selling us something. Are they stupid? Yes, organizationally FOOTBALL stupid. They allowed the business prowess to get in the way of the football ops and its going to hurt us in a big way this year. Bottomline, its stubborn pride and arrogance, entangled in ego. "We are football men ******!" "We are reinventing the game!! See!! See!! Thats how the Jones boys think. Oh, but wait...what's the last 30 years tell us? Yeah...lol

MC8828

Reaction score
The best outcome for the Dallas Cowboys would be the yacht sinking with the dumb and dumber Jones boy clowns on it.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
As Morgan Freeman said in Lean on Me, when took the kid to the top of the roof of the school and told him to jump, “Son you been Con by a Con”.

ICP

Reaction score
I think it's a different rim they are hanging around and pretty soon they will be all in and flushed away

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
yeah but that's all, just an eye opener, wish it would have been more