Twitter: Stephen: Surtain vs. Horn: “It’s a great debate."

DFWJC

Reaction score
I’m going to give Stephen the benefit of the doubt. It’s a smokescreen. Hoping teams trade up to pick up the CB’s... Parsons is the target.
That'd be a huge smokescreen.
I don't think right now they are even talking about Parsons.

I do think some around here are underrating him a bit.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think the Pitts stuff is a smokescreen also. At least I hope the team is not considering a trade up for Pitts.
A trade-up for Pitts is probably BS, yes. I hope it is.
Taking Pitts if he miraculously falls to 10 is not. I just don't think they feel that's going to happen.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Horn had 5 p.i. penalties in 7 games last season and 2 INTs his entire career at S.C. He is a flag waiting to happen in the NFL. Surtain please.
Surtain played a whole year and had 0 PI? That seems unreal but he seems to be the Trevor Lawrence of this draft at the cb position.
Cant miss no red flag prospect is perfect at a position of need for us at 10. Dude started as a true freshman at Bama. Thats no easy task. Only guy that ate him up was a polished vet in Ceedee catching balls from Murray. But he was a true freshman in a bowl game. Surtain gave up 4 tds his whole college career.

https://thelibertyline.com/2021/01/12/eagles-2021-draft-spotlight-cb-patrick-surtain-ii/

heir

Reaction score
Surtain played a whole year and had 0 PI? That seems unreal but he seems to be the Trevor Lawrence of this draft at the cb position.
Cant miss no red flag prospect is perfect at a position of need for us at 10. Dude started as a true freshman at Bama. Thats no easy task. Only guy that ate him up was a polished vet in Ceedee catching balls from Murray. But he was a true freshman in a bowl game. Surtain gave up 4 tds his whole college career.

https://thelibertyline.com/2021/01/12/eagles-2021-draft-spotlight-cb-patrick-surtain-ii/
According to PFF Surtain had the most defensive snaps (916) without a pentaly. Now I don't know if that is just on Alabama or in the nation. Better than 5 in 7 games I will say that much.

For the record, I don't hate Horn. I just think Surtain is by far the better pro-prospect and ppl are trying to find a reason not to draft him.

heir

Reaction score
yes but he’s more flashy.... like we need more Jaylons. He’ll celebrate after giving up a 20 yard pass cause he made the tackle.
Yep. It worked with Kris Richard......wait......oops

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Horn

If we were a corner away you take the safer guy in Surtain. We have so many holes on D gamble on the lower floor higher ceiling in Horn

So if your close to being broke... Do you gamble with your money or use it on a sure thing.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
So if your close to being broke... Do you gamble with your money or use it on a sure thing.

All of the draft guys working for DC.com have been saying for awhile Surtain is the safest defensive pick, but wonder about upside.
Horn, though maybe not as polished, had far less help and good production as well as great measurables and what many feel a higher ceiling .

If I was ONE guy away why would I risk taking the “riskier” prospect is what I’m saying, just get the safe thing and no holes left. We need playmakers with all these holes and I think Horn is more of that. This team needs more dawg in it

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think it's any debate at all. If it's a choice between Jaycee Horn and Patrick Surtain II the obvious pick is Surtain, IMHO.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If they trade up to get Pitts I will no longer be Cowboys fan any longer.

I would rather cheer for the Taliban or the that North Korean dictator than having to put up 25 more years with these incompetent fools.