Twitter: Stephen: Surtain vs. Horn: “It’s a great debate."

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Surtain played a whole year and had 0 PI? That seems unreal but he seems to be the Trevor Lawrence of this draft at the cb position.
Cant miss no red flag prospect is perfect at a position of need for us at 10. Dude started as a true freshman at Bama. Thats no easy task. Only guy that ate him up was a polished vet in Ceedee catching balls from Murray. But he was a true freshman in a bowl game. Surtain gave up 4 tds his whole college career.

https://thelibertyline.com/2021/01/12/eagles-2021-draft-spotlight-cb-patrick-surtain-ii/
I see surtain getting beat with a lot of go routes.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Fairley is just as tall as surtain with longer arms. Plus he’s faster. I’d support surtain if we seated him but I want someone at least in the 4.4s

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen Jones: “Hot sauce vs secret sauce...it’s a great debate.”

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
If you’re targeting a linebacker you take Collins and not a guy that has 0 proof he can cover.
A 270 pound coverage linebacker... yeah, that’s a great decision. We could put him in the slot.

Why on Earth wouldn’t you just draft JOK instead?

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Surtain - He's a known quantity

Horn might have the higher ceiling but he's also already susceptible to grabbing a lot , and that translates to far more flags in the NFL.......

blueblood70

Reaction score
I just don’t think Parsons or JOK are worth 10
On Parsons,

other experts, i mean real experts OOPs lol

say he is..it going to be very tough choice if Horn, Surtain and parsons are still all there for our first pick..

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
They’ve had 4 months to figure this out.

Did you really think he was going to answer the question? Seriously?

Nothing but a polite ‘no comment.’

And, yes, even after months of evaluation, scouts and coaches and GMs sometimes can never come to an agreement.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
kind of scary to have the Jones have too many choices its like a real big menu at nice restaurant where it all looks good and you cant decide..lol

My wife has this problem every time we go to a restaurant. The server has to come back around 4 times before she is finally ready to order. This is even after she has looked at the menus online before going there. Me? I know what I want in about 2 minutes. Sometimes my wife narrows it down to two things and can’t decide. So, I compromise and get one, she the other and we share. So, I don’t get what I want and she gets everything she wants. Marriage :angry:

blueblood70

Reaction score
My wife has this problem every time we go to a restaurant. The server has to come back around 4 times before she is finally ready to order. This is even after she has looked at the menus online before going there. Me? I know what I want in about 2 minutes. Sometimes my wife narrows it down to two things and can’t decide. So, I compromise and get one, she the other and we share. So, I don’t get what I want and she gets everything she wants. Marriage :angry:
i usually look up the menu online before i go and have some choices in kind typically know before i go but still sometimes it all looks good and you dont want to pick wrong :)

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
kind of scary to have the Jones have too many choices its like a real big menu at nice restaurant where it all looks good and you cant decide..lol

knowing them they’ll trade down and wind up getting inferior talent. All because they want to be the smartest guys in the room.