Stephen: The team doesn't have a culture problem

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
28 years is perceived?
Ahh, the 28 years excuse.
Take it year by year, and enjoy how the season unfolds. It is all we can do at this point.
I can't live in the past like that however disappointing. I look forward to the next season. Though not so much this off-season.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Is it progress that they are at least acknowledging that there is a perception out there that there is a culture problem in Dallas?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ahh, the 28 years excuse.
Take it year by year, and enjoy how the season unfolds. It is all we can do at this point.
I can't live in the past like that however disappointing. I look forward to the next season. Though not so much this off-season.
It wasn't an excuse ........ you said a perceived culture problem and I said is it perceived when its been so long.

and your answer was basically, so what that its been 28 years?

Are fans not supposed to be upset and angry with this nonsense after all this time?

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
The culture of a figurehead HC who can be circumvented by players to run to the owner directly is a culture problem.

The fact that good players on offense dont get the ball because they arent paid is also, a culture problem.

Remaining relevant as opposed to winning championships, is also a culture problem.

When your owner talks about being in the media and being talked about as winning, you have a culture problem.

That is just off the top of my head.
We have different definitions of team "culture".

The issues you mentioned above (very real) I would describe as management problems and coaching problems. Culture is something else in my view.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
We have an ownership problem.

How many other teams have their owner/GM always in the talking spotlight? JJ as SJ can’t get out of their own way.

shabazz

Reaction score
No idea after all these years they can still be so out of touch with reality. Especially when ex players and coaches have said this publicly numerous times and gets mocked by the many mouth breathing click bait journalists
The only thing more ridiculous than this FOs lack of self awareness, is that there's still about a dozen here that actually defend them......

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

b3bd7375-93d5-43a8-9f20-dbdbae193879_text.gif

fd556db3d8a7eafd943430fb7483f1c5.gif

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Easily the saddest excuse for a Cowboy playoff team I have ever seen. Complete melt down at every level at home against a 7 seed with a young first year starter at QB. The only other time I can remember that things looked that bad was the end of the Wade Phillips era when the players quit on him.

It is 100% a culture problem.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We have different definitions of team "culture".

The issues you mentioned above (very real) I would describe as management problems and coaching problems. Culture is something else in my view.
Players wanting to make millions together instead of winning trophies doesnt scream bad culture to you?

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I envy Stephen. I mean, I used to work for my Optometrist dad, but I didn't get paid MILLIONS to do it, regardless of whether I was actually good, or not. In fact, I just left for more money, lol. It must be nice. At the same time, he's also a POS that cheats on his wife, which I don't envy because I have no respect for that.