Stephen: Tyler Smith staying at G remains to be seen

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones at combine on if he prefers Tyler Smith to stay at LG: “That remains to be seen. It’s starting to feel like Larry Allen all over again.” Can dominate at G or T. “His versatility certainly brings options to the table in terms of how we look at this team moving forward.”

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Play him at LT!!!!

You are going to have to pay him big money soon, I would much rather our big-money OL be an LT, than an LG.
I know they would pay him less at G, but still, you don't want a ton of money wrapped up at the Guard spot. You can be very competitive being solid at G, but being dominant at LT is so much more important.

Even for this year, Bass looked really good at LG.

HanD

Reaction score
if they feel like he can be successful at LT, it gives flexibility depending on who is on the board at pick 24. Guyton, Mims, Morgan, JPJ, Barton etc. Draft the best guy and put Tyler Smith at the other spot (LT/LG). I'm not sure about him at LT. He is a borderline dominant LG....how good can he be at LT....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So this has been a debate for a very long time in here. As mixed opinions from many fans ... LG or LT, as everyone thinks they are correct.
But let Stephen mention this, and he gets ridiculed. Typical place, shows they know nothing but how to whine and complain.

reddyuta

Reaction score
it seems nobody asked Tyler,the pay disparity from a guard to a Left Tackle is sizeable.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones at combine on if he prefers Tyler Smith to stay at LG: “That remains to be seen. It’s starting to feel like Larry Allen all over again.” Can dominate at G or T. “His versatility certainly brings options to the table in terms of how we look at this team moving forward.”

In other words, no decisions has been made on Tyron.

Thrill99

Reaction score
I don't read or watch anything the father and son duo say. It is just ridiculous that they have ANY input into what goes on with players, current or future, much less their own shows on radio every other day. You might as well bring in a circus clown to run this team....oh wait....

J12B

Reaction score
But everyone on here said that Stephen said that Tyler wasn't ever moving to LT

:muttley:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Does it really matter though? If he moves to T we gotta fill the G, if he stays put and 77 splits we gotta fill the T. Its really a dead point right now. However with a new C you might want to keep in at G to help.