Stephen: Wants Dak's deal done before season

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sign him now, before he looks like all world in the new offense.

All right here comes "Dak Friendly Part 2"...:eek:...now all you Dak lovers get a jump on your new excuses when Part II looks like last seasons Part I......Dak is Dak and when it comes to throwing the ball or moving the offense with his arm the word FRIENDLY is pretty much insignificant!!!!;)

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Only way I’m for this is if signing him early is taken into account and the average per year reflects this. I see no reason at all to pay him $25 million + this year if we aren’t getting a few million a year discount throughout the entire deal.

kskboys

Reaction score
Signing Dak would be a bigger mistake that handing Romo 100 million. :rolleyes:
We didn't.

40 mil was guaranteed. We cut him loose way before we paid him that much.

And that contract was a renegotiation. Which was made necessary due to gross cap mismanagement by Jerry. That contract wasn't a mistake because it gave us cap relief.

And you've left out what else that contract brought us: Frederick. Romo refused to renegotiate unless Jerry took a 1st round OL.

Best I can see, Romo made around 60 mil off that contract. I'm sure the cap gurus can tell you exactly.

erod

Reaction score

Even inept-Stephen knows that this bum needs an all-star cast around him to win. But dudes on this site are ok with him getting with $30m a year :facepalm:

Paying Dak that kind of money would ensure his downfall. Remember how awful he looked before Cooper got here? Now subtract Martin, Zeke, Cooper and Tyron. How's he look then?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All right here comes "Dak Friendly Part 2"...:eek:...now all you Dak lovers get a jump on your new excuses when Part II looks like last seasons Part I......Dak is Dak and when it comes to throwing the ball or moving the offense with his arm the word FRIENDLY is pretty much insignificant!!!!;)

Whatever Mrs. Romo

glimmerman

Reaction score
Oh boy.

There goes some of the cap space we have created this offseason.
We knew it was coming. They believe in him so wrap him up now for cheaper money. If we stay healthy then our Offense will be better this year and he will ask for more... Next offseason wrap up Elliot and Cooper. Maybe Byron but I don’t think we will afford him.

cern

Reaction score
Paying Dak that kind of money would ensure his downfall. Remember how awful he looked before Cooper got here? Now subtract Martin, Zeke, Cooper and Tyron. How's he look then?
please explain why we'd subtract martin, zeke, cooper and tyron? that makes no sense at all. if your goal was to create a scenario that borders on the ridiculous, mission accomplished. if you were being serious, please elucidate further. seems the classic straw man argument. surely you wouldn't do that.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Let's put it this way....Look around the rest of the league that have QBs that have 100 million contracts....the rest of their rosters are crap.

I don't want to go down that road....especially for a mediocre QB.
Well it’s happening. The qb position is getting crazy and leaving little money for everyone else. The cap goes up every year and so does the contacts. I wish they would cap the positions.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He looked good against the giants without all those players in the game. But it was the giants that were less than motivated at that point in the season.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
We didn't.

40 mil was guaranteed. We cut him loose way before we paid him that much.

And that contract was a renegotiation. Which was made necessary due to gross cap mismanagement by Jerry. That contract wasn't a mistake because it gave us cap relief.

And you've left out what else that contract brought us: Frederick. Romo refused to renegotiate unless Jerry took a 1st round OL.

Best I can see, Romo made around 60 mil off that contract. I'm sure the cap gurus can tell you exactly.

Yet that contract straped us for 3 years into being able to do nothing...And look where it got us? a top 5 pick when Romo got hurt because the rest of our roster was turds. We had no depth....and now you want to go down that path again for a QB that is half as good as Romo?

r_72304_DdVfE.jpg

erod

Reaction score
please explain why we'd subtract martin, zeke, cooper and tyron? that makes no sense at all. if your goal was to create a scenario that borders on the ridiculous, mission accomplished. if you were being serious, please elucidate further. seems the classic straw man argument. surely you wouldn't do that.

Take a look at Green Bay.