Stephen: Wants Dak's deal done before season

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
We didn't.

40 mil was guaranteed. We cut him loose way before we paid him that much.

And that contract was a renegotiation. Which was made necessary due to gross cap mismanagement by Jerry. That contract wasn't a mistake because it gave us cap relief.

And you've left out what else that contract brought us: Frederick. Romo refused to renegotiate unless Jerry took a 1st round OL.

Best I can see, Romo made around 60 mil off that contract. I'm sure the cap gurus can tell you exactly.
Cool post,Man:thumbup:

* I didn't know that about the #9 demanding Football DaD pony him up a GUN SHIELD #72
b-4 he'd agreed to turn on the exhaust fan over the cook stove,,, that just tickles the hell outta' me reading that:lmao2:

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Good Lord here we go again, so what's Dak going to do threading to keep overthrowing wide open receivers until he gets the money he thinks he deserves.:muttley:

Last edited:

robertfchew

Reaction score
Tank, Dak, Cooper, Jaylon, Zeke, and Byron.

Say goodbye to that cap space.

Jones should not be resigned. Dude can't get turnovers and he regressed back to his old play as the season went on.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I have a feeling Coop will only become more costly if we wait. Daks value can change alot in either direction this season.

If we can get Dak for a reasonable contract now then Im ok with it. If we are paying him league leading money, we may as well lock up Coop first.

Not sure I agree.....
Coop is will make $13.9M this season. 2019 franchise for WRs is $16.7M. OBJ is the highest paid WRs at $18M followed by AB and about 7 players making $15 to high $16M. As you can see the difference between the franchise tag and highest paid WR (OBJ) is just under $2M. So this position has probably hit its salary ceiling range for next 2-3 years at $16-18M. Since Coop is already on the books at $14M ( 13.9 ) it'll only cost us about $3M to tag him for 2020.

Bottom line......if we are looking ahead at Coop contract, all we have do is save 2020 tag and budget approx an additional $3m and he's locked down for the next 2 years. Even when time to sign him 2021, $17M range would make him the 2nd highest paid WR behind OBJ's $18M.
https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019/03/01/nfl-2019-franchise-tag-numbers-transition-tag/
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/wide-receiver/

But Dak's numbers almost certainly going one direction with no ceiling the longer we wait ......^^^^^^.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Let's put it this way....Look around the rest of the league that have QBs that have 100 million contracts....the rest of their rosters are crap.

I don't want to go down that road....especially for a mediocre QB.
And those who don't have a rich QB are losing teams!

reddyuta

Reaction score
Let's put it this way....Look around the rest of the league that have QBs that have 100 million contracts....the rest of their rosters are crap.

I don't want to go down that road....especially for a mediocre QB.

we have no option,the FO will not draft a Qb to compete with Dak so we need to sign him now rather than later.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

pp4s4zw

This is funny......lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He's only going to get more expensive to sign if they put it off. Those of you that think Dak is just going to fall apart at any moment need to get it through your heads that that just not going to happen. He is the QB now and into the far future. The sooner we lock him up the cheaper he will be.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Well it’s happening. The qb position is getting crazy and leaving little money for everyone else. The cap goes up every year and so does the contacts. I wish they would cap the positions.
It would be a damn good first step in the right direction,,, and, I know there are dudes/ fellow forum members right here in the ZONE that could easily slap up a rough working draft of qualifying criteria the very league itself would deem equitable&fair in terms of rational upper limit position pay scales,,, ya, Glimmer my man !,,, that's a view long overdue
:clap::starspin::clap:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Get him sign before qb prices go up again. Right now scrub QBs are getting +18 million a season. This team is prime for a strong playoff push. Making it to the NFCC or SB will drive Dak price up.
true ststement for sure but no way anyone will agree Daks a 25plus per yr QB..scrubs maybe getting 18 but theres no reason Dak shouldnt accept 22, still be the highest paid on our team give him a lot of up front gurantees the first 3 yrs similar to Dlaw..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No I don't. I was pointing out to the person I quoted that that was the only other option. Read more carefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol
NO, you suggested letting those players walk and keeping the cap space.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The cheapest you’re going to get Dak is right now unless you want to bank he’s going to have a down 2019 season. I wouldn’t bank on that with Cooper going into his second year with the team along with Gallup and the addition of Cobb and Witten. Dak was on pace for 4500 yards the second half of last season. The arrow is pointing up with him especially with this receiving corp.

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will be one of the worst mistakes of the Jerry era. People will focus on the dollars but it's also the years invested in this stiff.

A QB who can't throw.

Amazing.