Stephen: Wants Dak's deal done before season

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You would rather wait until he's a free agent and either have to pay him then or franchise him for 28+M for one season? Had we re-signed DLaw last year we probably could have gotten him cheaper. If Dak has a productive 2019 season which is very likely with another year of experience under his belt along with our improved receiving corp, his price tag is going to go way up. It would be better to try and work something out now, rather than possibly have to pay him 30+M after a big 2019 season. Look how much he improved with the addition of Cooper last season. He put up around 2200 yards the last 8 games of the season. Gallup is only going to get better in year two and with the addition of Cobb and Witten, Dak's numbers could go way up and so will his contract demands.

:hammer: Funny thing is the same fans screaming wait will move the goal post again once he put big numbers that will take his contract demands even higher. Truth is the reason many wanna wait, they're hoping he falls flat on his face.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Let's put it this way....Look around the rest of the league that have QBs that have 100 million contracts....the rest of their rosters are crap.

I don't want to go down that road....especially for a mediocre QB.

Wasn't medicore when Cooper arrived & vs the Rams. Our run d & Zeke were in that game. Your boy Moore has to prove he isn't medicore as a playcaller.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I stopped reading those threads months ago. Most lead in the same direction. Don't know why I read this one TBH

I lost track how many times Tyrod Taylor was brought up to replace Dak, with some claiming he's as good if not better than Dak. :facepalm: Taylor just signed with his 4th team in March after lasting only one season in Cleveland. The Browns were so sure he wasn't the answer, they used the #1 overall pick on Mayfield after they had already signed Taylor. You have fans here who want to trade multiple #1s for Russell Wilson, who only a few years ago was being called a bus driver by fans on this board. Everything fans here were saying about Wilson they're now saying about Dak. There can't be a dumber fan base in the NFL than this one and the biggest collection of dummies end up on this board.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
:hammer: Funny thing is the same fans screaming wait will move the goal post again once he put big numbers that will take his contract demands even higher. Truth is the reason many wanna wait, they're hoping he falls flat on his face.

If Dak led the Cowboys to a SB win in 2019, they'll still be fans on this board that would want to move on from him and they'll point to Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson who also won SB's.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You would rather wait until he's a free agent and either have to pay him then or franchise him for 28+M for one season? Had we re-signed DLaw last year we probably could have gotten him cheaper. If Dak has a productive 2019 season which is very likely with another year of experience under his belt along with our improved receiving corp, his price tag is going to go way up. It would be better to try and work something out now, rather than possibly have to pay him 30+M after a big 2019 season. Look how much he improved with the addition of Cooper last season. He put up around 2200 yards the last 8 games of the season. Gallup is only going to get better in year two and with the addition of Cobb and Witten, Dak's numbers could go way up and so will his contract demands.
This! ^^^^

Wish everyone would read and understand this, whether they like Dak or not.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's the old still butthurt Romosexuals who will never like Dak or forgive him for how Dak's play forced Romo's benching and retirement.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Paying Dak that kind of money would ensure his downfall. Remember how awful he looked before Cooper got here? Now subtract Martin, Zeke, Cooper and Tyron. How's he look then?

Remember how awful our OL in pass blocking looked all season? Cooper elevated the offense, that's what #1 receivers do.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yer' not much fer' that whole overstating the obvious there,are ya,KJJ?
o_O

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

* it's good to see you participate in the forum again ,dude:thumbup:
least ways,I think so:starspin:

I don't participate here as much as I used to because too many here are a waste of time. It's hard to take many here seriously with the cluelessness and lack of insight that's taken over this board. I come here mostly to keep up on breaking Cowboys news and to get a good laugh from those whose elevators continue to be stuck between floors.

lostar2009

Reaction score
true ststement for sure but no way anyone will agree Daks a 25plus per yr QB..scrubs maybe getting 18 but theres no reason Dak shouldnt accept 22, still be the highest paid on our team give him a lot of up front gurantees the first 3 yrs similar to Dlaw..

NFL market say otherwise. We can penny pinch all we want here but Dak is getting around 25 a year.