Stephen: Wants Dak's deal done before season

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The cheapest you’re going to get Dak is right now unless you want to bank he’s going to have a down 2019 season. I wouldn’t bank on that with Cooper going into his second year with the team along with Gallup and the addition of Kobb and Witten. Dak was on pace for 4500 yards the second half of last season. The arrow is pointing up with him especially with this receiving corp.

Kobb and Whitten changes things.

GMO415

Reaction score
Just said this on 103.3 ESPN
giphy.gif

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Dak is gonna cost $25m minimum and don't ask me what he'll want for guaranteed money. One thing is certain, this board is gonna go up in flames when he signs a big contract
And that's right around A COOL,CRISP $10,000,000 casing-liners TOO many for the number & quality of scalps hanging from his saddle horn so far

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Fans said the same thing about Lawrence. Then other guys got huge contracts pushing his price up. Now fans complaining.

If they plan on keeping Dak better to sign him sooner rather than later because other QBs will push up the price.
Ask MInnesota if trading and paying for Kurt Cousins was the right decision!

Dak hasn't proven yet he's a top notch QB ....right now he's a glorified bus driver

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
And that's right around A COOL,CRISP $10,000,000 casing-liners TOO many for the number & quality of scalps hanging from his saddle horn so far

well, it's the same number of scalps hangin off every horn since the 90's. Gotta remember Romo signed a $22.5m extension and that was 6 years ago and not a scalp on that horn a plenty cornucopia :muttley:. Prices and inflation man. Totally wish I could pay 2013 prices for a shiny new Deere. Nothin runs like a Deere ;)

Proof

Reaction score
I am absolutely positive that Stephen has a better handle on this situation than anyone posting their opinions about it. dak and cooper pretty much go hand in hand. signing both is essential. zeke, a chain moving machine, must always command a dc to game plan for him, and in so doing gives dak more time to find receivers as opposing lb's and safeties must be kept in the box just in case zeke gets the ball. none of this should be hard to figure out. just the problem coming up with the money to keep those 3 on the team.

He’s a buffoon. Closer exposure doesn’t mean any particular expertise. You can count any number of bad executives for reference. Be smarter than that

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Right, because the dopes on this board would rather have a much cheaper cast off as their starting QB. Go look at the names that have come up to replace Dak.

I stopped reading those threads months ago. Most lead in the same direction. Don't know why I read this one TBH

CWR

Reaction score
Not sure I agree.....
Coop is will make $13.9M this season. 2019 franchise for WRs is $16.7M. OBJ is the highest paid WRs at $18M followed by AB and about 7 players making $15 to high $16M. As you can see the difference between the franchise tag and highest paid WR (OBJ) is just under $2M. So this position has probably hit its salary ceiling range for next 2-3 years at $16-18M. Since Coop is already on the books at $14M ( 13.9 ) it'll only cost us about $3M to tag him for 2020.

Bottom line......if we are looking ahead at Coop contract, all we have do is save 2020 tag and budget approx an additional $3m and he's locked down for the next 2 years. Even when time to sign him 2021, $17M range would make him the 2nd highest paid WR behind OBJ's $18M.
https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019/03/01/nfl-2019-franchise-tag-numbers-transition-tag/
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/wide-receiver/

But Dak's numbers almost certainly going one direction with no ceiling the longer we wait ......^^^^^^.

Good point. I suppose it depends greatly on which wrs are set to get new contracts in the next couple years. You're right though, with Brown, Julio and OBJ getting paid we are running out of premier WRS to set the market. A point I never considered.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
well, it's the same number of scalps hangin off every horn since the 90's. Gotta remember Romo signed a $22.5m extension and that was 6 years ago and not a scalp on that horn a plenty cornucopia :muttley:. Prices and inflation man. Totally wish I could pay 2013 prices for a shiny new Deere. Nothin runs like a Deere ;)
O.K. COPY,,,er,,,yet at least the #9 knew EXACTLY what his committed intent was WHILE OUT ON THE FIELD,,, I could damn sure discern that much twixt the two Q.B's & thusly appreciate the directed cap allocations

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
nonsense, he's not a free agent

You would rather wait until he's a free agent and either have to pay him then or franchise him for 28+M for one season? Had we re-signed DLaw last year we probably could have gotten him cheaper. If Dak has a productive 2019 season which is very likely with another year of experience under his belt along with our improved receiving corp, his price tag is going to go way up. It would be better to try and work something out now, rather than possibly have to pay him 30+M after a big 2019 season. Look how much he improved with the addition of Cooper last season. He put up around 2200 yards the last 8 games of the season. Gallup is only going to get better in year two and with the addition of Cobb and Witten, Dak's numbers could go way up and so will his contract demands.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Good point. I suppose it depends greatly on which wrs are set to get new contracts in the next couple years. You're right though, with Brown, Julio and OBJ getting paid we are running out of premier WRS to set the market. A point I never considered.

Exactly......Like I said, save 2020 tag, budget an additional $3m and we have Coop locked down until 2021.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
You would rather wait until he's a free agent and either have to pay him then or franchise him for 28+M for one season? Had we re-signed DLaw last year we probably could have gotten him cheaper. If Dak has a productive 2019 season which is very likely with another year of experience under his belt along with our improved receiving corp, his price tag is going to go way up. It would be better to try and work something out now, rather than possibly have to pay him 30+M after a big 2019 season. Look how much he improved with the addition of Cooper last season. He put up around 2200 yards the last 8 games of the season. Gallup is only going to get better in year two and with the addition of Cobb and Witten, Dak's numbers could go way up and so will his contract demands.
Yer' not much fer' that whole overstating the obvious there,are ya,KJJ?
o_O

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

* it's good to see you participate in the forum again ,dude:thumbup:
least ways,I think so:starspin:

Last edited:

Wood

Reaction score
I hope Dak plays hard ball on negotiations and forces Jones to wait until after season. If Dak gives them little bit of discount (which I don't think he will) then Jones will trip over themselves locking him up.