Video: Steve Mariucci explains Why teams should fear facing the Cowboys

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
2007 vs 2021 is a hard one, but I'm also judging based on the level of competition on the other 31, not just how talented this team is.

I'm not seeing any team like, say, the '07 Pats Super Team that strikes fear in me in '21. I think based on the first five weeks at least, Dallas is as good as anyone else I've seen or better.

It's sometimes not about how loaded your team is but also how everyone else looks.
But that's my point. The 2007 team swept a Giants team that was 10 - 6, played the Pats tough in the regular season and beat the undefeated Pats in the Super Bowl.

Our 2007 team also beat Green Bay....who I believe the Giants beat in the NFC title game that year?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I would put Diggs on T.O. and we would not hear from him all day. Diggs would pick Romo at least twice and AB would get one too. I saw what you said about Glenn being better than Coop and Lamb and frankly that's just a garbage take. Lamb is a much more dynamic playmaker than Glenn was especially the older version that played in Dallas. And Cooper is head and shoulders above him. I don't think he is better than T.O. but he's not as far off as you seem to want to represent. He's also a 10X better teammate which is important. The 2007 o-line would be grossly undersized against our current o-line. I would pay money to see prime Tyron against prime Ware. I think they cancel each other out but I think Collins destroys either Ellis or Spencer. Spears, Canty, Bowen, Rat and Hatcher were good players but none were GREAT players. It takes GREAT to beat this o-line. Good won't cut it. The combination of Martin and Collins on that right side leading Zeke would eat 2007 alive. Speaking of Zeke and Pollard.. I don't know what you were watching in 2007 to make you think they would be "a wash" with the current pair. Sorry but no.. Then there is Dak.. 6th year Dak is light years better than 2nd year Romo. Romo was still a turnover machine in those days.. He had 19 that year if I recall correctly and had like 7 or 8 more turnovers with fumbles. Romo might be the ultimate weak link in your hypothetical matchup. Oh and Witten? I would put Kearse on Witten and limit him to next to nothing.
I stopped at "I would put Diggs on T.O. and we would not hear from him all day"

Did you just start watching football last week?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I stopped at "I would put Diggs on T.O. and we would not hear from him all day"

Did you just start watching football last week?

No but apparently you did since you seem to think somebody named Ron Johnson played for the Cowboys in 2007. Dude I saw T.O. get shut down plenty.. including while he was in Dallas but dating back to his rookie season in San Francisco. YOU may feel the need to act like he was unstoppable.. but reality says different. Yes he had some big games but he also bad plenty of stinkers.. In fact that very season against the Eagles they shut him down with friggin Lito Sheppard and Quinton Mikell. He had 2 catches for 37 yards ON TWELVE TARGETS!!! And both got a pick that day. Neither Sheppard nor Mikell were as good as Diggs.. so I stand by my assertion.. Diggs could hold him down. Deal with it.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
No but apparently you did since you seem to think somebody named Ron Johnson played for the Cowboys in 2007. Dude I saw T.O. get shut down plenty.. including while he was in Dallas but dating back to his rookie season in San Francisco. YOU may feel the need to act like he was unstoppable.. but reality says different. Yes he had some big games but he also bad plenty of stinkers.. In fact that very season against the Eagles they shut him down with friggin Lito Sheppard and Quinton Mikell. He had 2 catches for 37 yards ON TWELVE TARGETS!!! And both got a pick that day. Neither Sheppard nor Mikell were as good as Diggs.. so I stand by my assertion.. Diggs could hold him down. Deal with it.
You know....never mind....
Let me just say this....my Cowboy knowledge...I do off the top of my head...if I misspell here and there...It does not shake my confidence....keep watching

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This offense is definitely better?

The coaching is 10 times better?

My goodness.

I HOPE you are right. And I am not a "get off my lawn" type of guy. But you need to put some respect on the 2007 team.
How is this offense DEFINITLEY better than 2007? Is the WR situation better? Is the TE situation better? Is the QB situation better? I love what I am seeing from Dak. But he has NOT passed Romo. I am pulling for him to pass Romo, but he has not at this point. The RB situation is a wash. A very similar fire and ice duo. Zeke is the best of the bunch. And the OL, without Lael Collins favors 2007. The 2007 Giants pass rushed featured Tuck, Strahan and Osi Umenyora(sp?)...is the 2021 Cowboys OL blocking them?
Wr, qb, running game for sure. Coaching big time.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Wr, qb, running game for sure. Coaching big time.
Listen. I am a cowboys fan, so I hope you are right.

But if all of those things about the 2021 Cowboys are "better" than the 2007 Cowboys....and there is no version of the 18 - 0 Pats in 2021...then we should be the frontrunners for the Super Bowl?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Listen. I am a cowboys fan, so I hope you are right.

But if all of those things about the 2021 Cowboys are "better" than the 2007 Cowboys....and there is no version of the 18 - 0 Pats in 2021...then we should be the frontrunners for the Super Bowl?

You said that, not me. I still need to see this defense when everyone gets healthy. And I need Brown replaced. Still plenty of season left.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
You said that, not me. I still need to see this defense when everyone gets healthy. And I need Brown replaced. Still plenty of season left.
I just remembered that it was not you who said "Treveon Diggs would eliminate T.O. from the game" if they were matched up.