Still just beating crappy teams

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Well this thread has been fun, thanks for joining me on the journey - here's hoping in 2 weeks we are talking about actually beating a good team in Philly!

Happy post Thanksgiving guys and gals
If we didn't beat the teams we are, we won't be in the postseason and you will just complain about that anyway. :lmao:

Jipper

Reaction score
If we didn't beat the teams we are, we won't be in the postseason and you will just complain about that anyway. :lmao:
I'm not really a complainer - but something snapped in me after the 49ers loss this year that had really pushed my views over the edge- I just can't get excited about regular season wins against bad teams when I know at the end of the journey we juat have losses against good teams coming.

Again hope I am wrong and we see different outcomes this year

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not really a complainer - but something snapped in me after the 49ers loss this year that had really pushed my views over the edge- I just can't get excited about regular season wins against bad teams when I know at the end of the journey we juat have losses against good teams coming.

Again hope I am wrong and we see different outcomes this year
Yeah, they kicked them in the dirt. Might not beat them again this postseason. But it's nearly impossible to enjoy the journey here without the same talking points.

Jipper

Reaction score
Yeah, they kicked them in the dirt. Might not beat them again this postseason. But it's nearly impossible to enjoy the journey here without the same talking points.
I think that's my problem, I am not enjoying the journey anymore bc I know there's a car crash coming...sucks bc I used to savor every win, now I just am waiting for the next loss against a good team.

I think a divisional round win might change my view but the struggle is real unfortunately

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think that's my problem, I am not enjoying the journey anymore bc I know there's a car crash coming...sucks bc I used to savor every win, now I just am waiting for the next loss against a good team.

I think a divisional round win might change my view but the struggle is real unfortunately
1/32 win the Super Bowl. I tell myself that every year.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I mean, maybe it's because I've never experienced the Cowboys beyond the NFCD round, but I am absolutely savouring the win from yesterday.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Yeah yeah I know Debby downer on Thanksgiving...

Beat the teams on your schedule yeah yeah...I get it.

But...last 3 games we beat the giants, panthers and Commanders with a combined record of 8-25

Sure we beat the crap out of bad teams but that's about all we did...should we beat Seattle and then the eagles we can talk.

But for now, don't take the cheese, we beat bad teams we lose to good ones...until we do something different
Not true! They got their butts kicked by Cardinals just for you.

tunahelper

Reaction score

But...last 3 games we beat the giants, panthers and Commanders with a combined record of 8-25

Sure we beat the crap out of bad teams but that's about all we did...should we beat Seattle and then the eagles we can talk.

But for now, don't take the cheese, we beat bad teams we lose to good ones...until we do something different
But we didn't lose to crappy teams. I have seen plenty of this behavior from this squad, especially on recent Turkey days.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

But we are beating them.

Its when we struggle or lose it's an issue.

Lord you just whine.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Yeah, and all the euphoria folks are feeling now will evaporate once we lose to the Seahawks, or the Eagles, or some other team.

Then the "Dak sucks" posters will pop out of the woodwork....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
But we didn't lose to crappy teams. I have seen plenty of this behavior from this squad, especially on recent Turkey days.
Good teams beat teams they were "supposed to". Ergo, the Cowboys are a good team. But are they a great team, a Super Bowl favorite?

Won't know that until it happens, but except maybe in the first round, you won't get to play crappy teams in the playoffs.

But if you're one of the "I enjoy wins but don't get all down when we lose" fans, I'm sure you're deliriously happy. If you're one of the fans who will only be satisfied by a Super Bowl win, probably not so happy.

Everyone is entitled to view this last game as they wish, doesn't mean they're wrong or right to do so....

phildadon86

Reaction score

When the Eagles were beating up on bad teams last season they were a juggernaut. We do it. We suck.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Then the ”well they thought they had the division locked up“ Eagles, the “not as good Bills”, the ”don’t beat good teams” Dolphins, the “dude it’s the LIONS!” and Washington “playing for draft position”
Funny how those goal posts keep moving when it’s a convenient narrative.

DripTooHard

Reaction score

I bet you’re fun at parties!

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seahawks may be the weakest foe of the next six we face, but they are 6-4. They can beat you if they are playing their best and you aren't. Unfortunately, they are not playing well tonight against the 49ers.
and now that they are 6-5, The Seahawks won't have a winning record either if we beat them.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
If you don't beat crappy teams, how does one qualify for the playoffs? Like, the Patriots beat up on a bad AFC East for 20 years and was in the post season damn near every one of them. We don't apologize for wins. We got destroyed by SF and should have beat Philly on the road. We got their number in two weeks. Oh and we have not just beat bad teams, we've destroyed them. No other team is doing that.

noletime95

Reaction score
I also have my doubts about this team in the playoffs, particularly given the fact our Cowboys are awesome at home but unlikely to host a play off game. 12+ wins typically gets you a better draw, but Philly just keeps winning.

That said, I do believe this team can beat anyone in the NFC except SF. Maybe this is the year so one else takes out SF and Dallas catches a break. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t pick Dallas at Philly, but I’d have a fair amount of hope.

That said might as well enjoy the ride

Londonboy

Reaction score
Be happy about the present if something good happens.

Avoid croissants.