Stop Crying- 3-5 & Dak and EzE Win 1st Playoff Game

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
This team is close to something special, I think we need a few things....Safety, T.E and dline help. Consider this...the rams put up almost 300 yds on the ground. Not one but two guys over a 100 yds and only beat us by 8. With those kind of stats we should have lost by 40 but we didnt. The team never quit (which we have seen in the past). We are young, Dak played pretty good. The future is bright I think. Linehan needs to go. Maybe we should try Lael on D, he had a heckuva play when he sacked Prescott lol

stiletto

Reaction score
Yep..I feel good. Youngest squad, won a playoff game after starting 3-5, Dak played good again, Amari showed, Gallup showed. Just need Fredbeard and acquire pieces on D. Need some ballhawks over there. To me guys, step back from the ledge. It WAS a great season. Funnest in a while. I actually feel the future is bright. Ignore all the same old same old talk....and I don't usually say that type thing. We will be going to the playoffs every year for awhile now. Book it..

tico

Reaction score
We have the players to go farther. Unfortunately, we lack in coaching.
Look what McVay has done with the Rams.
They went from worst scoring offense to the best in one year.

He's got them farther in 2 seasons than JG has in 8. So has Pederson.
Not to mention what Pederson for the Eagles in year 1....

basilhayden

Reaction score
Op drives a Volvo. A beige one.
Works at Lowe's in paints.
Lives in an apartment above a garage.
Winning a wild card game is exciting!

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
Stop with fire Garrett, Dak, and EzE. This team beat all the odds. This was a total turnaround season.

I'm proud of our Cowboys. This team is a 2-time NFCE Champion. The future is awesome.
I'm also proud of what they did considering how they started. Especially the way Dak played at the end of the year gaining his confidence back.

However, to say that this team played and finished great yesterday is millennial thinking garbage.
Participation ribbons are not championship trophies. That despite what your mommy said when she took you to get your favorite ice cream after your elementary school soccer team just got their butts handed to them.

Those who remember the Super Bowl years know this.
Dominate with no mercy.
Not enable with whiney "you did a good job and that's Ok" B. S.
Period.

Sydla

Reaction score
And you plan on changing all that? You.either accept the reality or live in an alternative one .

You're.crying.about things you have zero control over .

So the alternative is just act stupid and pretend everything is peachy?

LOL. No thanks.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm okay , great comeback this year. The future looks bright. Would love to see new coaching though. It would help me decide if this team is over or under achieving.

I agree. We were outcoached yesterday. Other than that, this season wasn't bad, all things considered. Could be worse. Could've traded our first and missed the playoffs.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Stop with fire Garrett, Dak, and EzE. This team beat all the odds. This was a total turnaround season.

I'm proud of our Cowboys. This team is a 2-time NFCE Champion. The future is awesome.

How far this team has fallen. Some are so easily satisfied. 2 wildcard wins in Garrett's 8 years. Haven't been past the divisional round in 24 years.

With Jerry and Garret, the future is the same as the past.

Legend

Reaction score
There is no bright side with mediocre coaches.

It got so bad yesterday for the Cowboys D-line; I would not have mind if they would have went to Buddy Ryan’s 4-6 defense or stacked the LOS to force Goff to pass.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Keep lowering the bar...

Pretty soon, 8-8 will be the new 10-6.

It already is. Garrett went 8-8 in his first three years losing the last week of season in win or go home games. Jerry acted like those were playoff games.

Now we have 2 wildcard wins in Garretts 8 years. Jerry is giving out extensions and probably ordering trophies. This man needs to be committed.

LittleD

Reaction score

We've been listening to that "Homer" attitude for over 23 years and it's wearing a little thin. Just beating the odds was never good enough for the Dallas Cowboys until the
everyone gets a trophy crowd invaded Dallas and the zone.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
8 years

2 playoff wins

Longest tenured coach that has never sniffed a champ game.

Jerry counts on suckers like you guys. That’s how he keep raking in the cash.
This.
Now everyone lining up for participation trophies an happy meals.

Blake

Reaction score
We've been listening to that "Homer" attitude for over 23 years and it's wearing a little thin. Just beating the odds was never good enough for the Dallas Cowboys until the
everyone gets a trophy crowd invaded Dallas and the zone.

Yea. Our fanbase has become increasingly more pussified during Garrett's tenure.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
How far this team has fallen. Some are so easily satisfied. 2 wildcard wins in Garrett's 8 years. Haven't been past the divisional round in 24 years.
And Garrett has been here for almost half of that time. Think about that.

But why should Jerry make a change when fans like the OP think one wildcard win every four years is a great success? He can stay comfortable and happy with his family portrait buddy in place forever as long as fans and the soft local media set the bar low enough.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I am very happy about the way the season turned out. We over achieved.

But why stop with the fire Garrett stuff?

Dwight

Reaction score
Being okay with an average coach is not good.

Jason has yet to get pass the divisional playoffs and that’s with two different QBs. That is a trend.

Only losers and homers are okay with one playoff win.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Yea. Our fanbase has become increasingly more pussified during Garrett's tenure.

Agree. And the vitriol they spew when you don't agree with their opinions (yes, opinions) they resort to name calling. It's almost like their opinions are actual facts.