Stop telling us that PFF says we have a top 5 offensive line

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bro, Connor Williams is playing lights out for the Dolphins. Connor McGovern is playing much better for the Bills. He even said he noticed a huge difference and better Oline coaching at Buffalo.

I've been saying it for years, the Cowboys fail badly at bringing in a top notch Oline coach, and it keeps affecting the team.
Even with Connor I just had an issue with the penalties his play wasn’t terrible….we could use both for sure right now.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
its even crazier that some fans blame Dak for the sacks :lmao:

All of these talks about how Dak gets paid to be an "elite QB" or at the very least a QB who can win big games like this and get the Cowboys to a Super Bowl. Which is true. But Steele is also got paid and is paid to protect Dak and not constantly get beat within seconds all game long. And gets paid to be able to show up against the best of defensive line men. Yet some will only try to blame Dak and expect Dak to have to always be on his guard and throw the ball away within seconds when Steele is letting defenders get to him untouched.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I mean when one man gives up 4 sacks that's unchartered territory. You can can get someone off the street to do that.
And would have given up even more sacks if it weren't for Dak either getting the ball out quickly or extending plays with his feet. Dak can't always be expected to bail Steele out when he is being a turnstile getting multiple defenders get a free shot at him.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Because they may be ranked high as a GROUP thanks to Tyler, Tyron and Martin's individual grades but there is nothing top 5 about anyone on the line capable of doing this:

Ten penalties and 5 sacks...blame goes directly now to McCarthy. He is setting difficulty right now, for any playoff advantage. Away games here they come.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Because they may be ranked high as a GROUP thanks to Tyler, Tyron and Martin's individual grades but there is nothing top 5 about anyone on the line capable of doing this:

You were one of the loudest Jerry supporters for making no trades at the deadline. And now suddenly you want to complain about our offensive line? You can't have it both ways. You agreed with Jerry that this was a complete team, so now you can't blame any players for shortcomings.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You were one of the loudest Jerry supporters for making no trades at the deadline. And now suddenly you want to complain about our offensive line? You can't have it both ways. You agreed with Jerry that this was a complete team, so now you can't blame any players for shortcomings.
No I didn’t. What I said was there was nothing available at the deadline. The time to fix this line was the offseason not the trade deadline. It’s too late then. But to off and tell me about the imaginary guard or right tackle that was out there.

Praxit

Reaction score
..how the hell did Chazz Green sneak up on us?

Plankton

Reaction score
What's Steele's overall grade NOW? And, does it say how many sacks he's given up this year?
He checks in with a robust 45.4 overall (35.0 pass blocking grade). He's #73 out of 76 rated tackles, only ahead of Josh Ezeudu (Giants), Vederian Lowe (Patriots) and the great Evan Neal (Giants - overall grade of 39.8). Steele has allowed 6 sacks, 6 QB hits, 16 hurries and 28 pressures.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Steele might of given up more sacks and pressures this year than Martin, Tyler Smith, Tyron Smith and our center combined.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
He checks in with a robust 45.4 overall (35.0 pass blocking grade). He's #73 out of 76 rated tackles, only ahead of Josh Ezeudu (Giants), Vederian Lowe (Patriots) and the great Evan Neal (Giants - overall grade of 39.8). Steele has allowed 6 sacks, 6 QB hits, 16 hurries and 28 pressures.
And we continue to start his when its obvious he sucks.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And oh yeah i'm starting to think we outbidded ourselves on Terrence. Who the hell was giving him that deal?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Jerry always looks on the bright side with injured players.

Last year we guaranteed Gallup 2 years coming off injury.
This year the recovering Steele gets the big contract.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry always looks on the bright side with injured players.

Last year we guaranteed Gallup 2 years coming off injury.
This year the recovering Steele gets the big contract.
Yeah thos eare looking like two goofs.

I just never saw it with Steele though. Only thing he did well was run block and our run blocking sucks....