Stop telling us that PFF says we have a top 5 offensive line

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
how many times have you seen Micah almost literally have a clean run to the QB only to have QB get the ball out and good portion of the times complete the pass? the answer... many times.
An indictment against Micahsoft.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
We had a problem with our tackles entering the season, we were counting on one coming off a serious injury and the other is injury prone. We did not do enough to strengthen the position in the off-season. Tyron is great WHEN healthy, but he is guaranteed to miss several games every year, he should have been the back-up swing tackle. Tyler moved out to LT and find a LG.

It was a problem waiting to happen and the FO overlooked the obvious issues, games are won and lost at the LOS.

I'm also wondering about the blocking schemes also, even with the tackle issues we should be better run blockers and it has been poor.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Steele is a big problem. He’s not ready to play.

The RBs are all scrubs.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We had a problem with our tackles entering the season, we were counting on one coming off a serious injury and the other is injury prone. We did not do enough to strengthen the position in the off-season. Tyron is great WHEN healthy, but he is guaranteed to miss several games every year, he should have been the back-up swing tackle. Tyler moved out to LT and find a LG.

It was a problem waiting to happen and the FO overlooked the obvious issues, games are won and lost at the LOS.

I'm also wondering about the blocking schemes also, even with the tackle issues we should be better run blockers and it has been poor.
The RBs are scrubs.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Because they may be ranked high as a GROUP thanks to Tyler, Tyron and Martin's individual grades but there is nothing top 5 about anyone on the line capable of doing this:

Ok i will stop telling you that PFF tells us we have a top 5 OL.

I tell you we have a top 5 OL.

mardwin

Reaction score
Because they may be ranked high as a GROUP thanks to Tyler, Tyron and Martin's individual grades but there is nothing top 5 about anyone on the line capable of doing this:

I stopped paying attention to those stats since Dak is listed as the #5 in total QBR.

CWR

Reaction score
Bro, Connor Williams is playing lights out for the Dolphins. Connor McGovern is playing much better for the Bills. He even said he noticed a huge difference and better Oline coaching at Buffalo.

I've been saying it for years, the Cowboys fail badly at bringing in a top notch Oline coach, and it keeps affecting the team.

Agreed. We have talent there. This oline coach has been trash. Steele was a very good up and coming RT before this season.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Steele is having a rehab year like Gallup last year. If he isn't healthy, we need a plan b.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Bold> My thing is this. You are the GM. You are the decision-maker. You go the entire offseason and decide your offensive line, both starters and depth, is set as is.

Cool.

Then you witness how well the offensive line and plug-ins fare in actual games. There is room for improvement. You don't do squat essentially before the trade deadline. You stay the course. Well, sometimes the course takes on the appearance of the lead-in of every old Gilligan's 'The weather started getting rough!' Island episode.

Wonder what the millionaire billionaire will later say if the offensive side of the trenches gets really shipwrecked before season's end?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How funny would it be at home games if fans shouted "Olé" everytime he misses a block? Plus, it'd give Dak some warning that Steele blew his block.
Some of these blitzers are lightning fast. Not sure if enough of 'Olé!' will leave everyone's lips before Prescott is laying on his buttocks.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Some of these blitzers are lightning fast. Not sure if enough of 'Olé!' will leave everyone's lips before Prescott is laying on his buttocks.

True, still worth an effort. If nothing else, maybe Dak works out why everyone is shouting it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think we're going to need 2 ready to go starting caliber OL in next year's draft.

One of which ideally being a FA.......if Jerry would get off the "We like our guys" schtick. Especially considering that he spent all that money on a training center.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There is no way Asim Richards is worse. McCarthy needs to bench Steele and play Richards instead, especially against these next 4 easier opponents. It would give Richards time to gain some much needed experience. If Jerry doesn't like it because he just finished giving Terence Steele a huge new contract, Jerry can deal with it for being a fool.

Exactly, plus, he's going to end up with a more expensive problem if Steele isn't benched.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Imho, it all started in the draft. Dallas had a need to fix the trenches and they didn't do it, so it is what it is.

And everyone knew that our trenches are a mess. As usual, unfortunately, it takes Jerry getting smacked in the face by it to understand it.