Stop these QBs runs up the middle

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah and nailed him a few times and almost knocked him out again. We rocked him a few times. And D-Law let at least 3 more sacks slip through his hands. I know he wishes he could have those back.
OK lets not knock tank how about Wilson getting juked out of his cleats and burned for the longest run? Hes a great tackler, shows DJ has some running skills.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
My thing is there is 3 years of film if daniel jones running the football effectively. There should have been a spy on him from the 1st play. Should never have been an adjustment for something everyone is aware of

Yeah that was a bit surprising.

NYG probably have the least threatening group of WRs in the league. Could have easily dropped a S closer to the line of scrimmage to limit DJ's scrambling.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jones actually earned respect for that beating he took. I would bring him to Dallas as a backup.
I think Grier is that kind of QB so with Rush and Grier, no need for DJ..i think if Rush does leave next year Grier will be ready as hes got some upside.,

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
- The good thing is between Cincy and NYG, the pass rush was so relentless that opposing QBs
had to bail and take off running to save their very lives.

- The bad thing is if these opposing QBs have any sensible mobility and running legs, they are gonna
keep taking off up the middle vs our defense for huge gains and converted first downs.

- That's gonna threaten to keep drives alive when we need to get them off the field

- We saw Cincy's Joe Burrow taking off up the middle for several big gains and first downs,
and we saw Daniel Jones constantly taking off up the wide open middle for big gains
and converted 1st downs too.

- Lets see if Dan Quinn and staff will make adjustments to these big, wide open runs
vs these scrambling QBs,

- And to think, we'll soon have Philly's Jalen Hurts to deal with in terms vs running QBs.
Yep we gotta put a spy on these running QBs.

glimmerman

Reaction score
OK lets not knock tank how about Wilson getting juked out of his cleats and burned for the longest run? Hes a great tackler, shows DJ has some running skills.
Lol. Yeah that sucked. I just know D-Law was mad about 2 of the missed sacks. He played awesome. He has that personal bet with Parsons. We are getting the benefit of the bet. Wilson almost knocked jones for a loop.
Was waiting on some roughing calls. We just won the trenches. As soon as Peters came in the game Elliot had a big gainer behind them.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He just seems so slow and soft.Takes a lot of bad angles.
LVE been making some pays and hes not soft ..BTW that smart play when he made diggs go down after that INT..Diggs wanted to head for the EZ but LVE stepped in and made him go down..

hes just not that athletic and it looks clunky..DQ would not be using him as much as he is if he felt that way, you saying DQ who cose this roster has this D payig on foire, woiuld throw LVE out there iof he was a weak point? hes sat COX far more, and???

,.,jeez you fans never let up old narratives you Parrott on our players that are JUST NOT TRUE.

how about Wilson getting juked out of his cleats and burned for the longest run by DJ? he soft and slow?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lol. Yeah that sucked. I just know D-Law was mad about 2 of the missed sacks. He played awesome. He has that personal bet with Parsons. We are getting the benefit of the bet. Wilson almost knocked jones for a loop.
Was waiting on some roughing calls. We just won the trenches. As soon as Peters came in the game Elliot had a big gainer behind them.
right im betting peters is the new LG next week, should be nearly in game shape now.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Is it fear of injury or does he strictly want to be a pocket passer.Not the most athletic guy in the world, but athletic enough to get 3-4 first downs w/ his legs.He’s a much better QB when he uses his legs a little bit.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
- The good thing is between Cincy and NYG, the pass rush was so relentless that opposing QBs
had to bail and take off running to save their very lives.

- The bad thing is if these opposing QBs have any sensible mobility and running legs, they are gonna
keep taking off up the middle vs our defense for huge gains and converted first downs.

- That's gonna threaten to keep drives alive when we need to get them off the field

- We saw Cincy's Joe Burrow taking off up the middle for several big gains and first downs,
and we saw Daniel Jones constantly taking off up the wide open middle for big gains
and converted 1st downs too.

- Lets see if Dan Quinn and staff will make adjustments to these big, wide open runs
vs these scrambling QBs,

- And to think, we'll soon have Philly's Jalen Hurts to deal with in terms vs running QBs.

Quick the best i can call them is the "Sheagles"....but i am worried this year more than usual....but i have not watched any of their games......other than blow out against the Womandeers.....did they blow

out the other 2?....i will have to look

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
LVE been making some pays and hes not soft ..BTW that smart play when he made diggs go down after that INT..Diggs wanted to head for the EZ but LVE stepped in and made him go down..

hes just not that athletic and it looks clunky..DQ would not be using him as much as he is if he felt that way, you saying DQ who cose this roster has this D payig on foire, woiuld throw LVE out there iof he was a weak point? hes sat COX far more, and???

,.,jeez you fans never let up old narratives you Parrott on our players that are JUST NOT TRUE.

how about Wilson getting juked out of his cleats and burned for the longest run by DJ? he soft and slow?
Just lacks the burst he had as a rookie.Injuries have taken their toll on him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
right im betting peters is the new LG next week, should be nearly in game shape now.
That is a really really big guy. If he can play like that at 40. With what he is getting paid I would sign him as a sub and rotational player for next year. Providing he stays healthy.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think Grier is that kind of QB so with Rush and Grier, no need for DJ..i think if Rush does leave next year Grier will be ready as hes got some upside.,
Yeah. Don’t want to get ahead of myself but for Dak’s sake he better be the reason the Cowboys do well in the playoffs. Jerry is looking at the Eagles and he remembers 2016. Do I need to pay a good quarterback elite money when I could bring in a cheap rookie, protect him with a running game, backup quarterback that knows the system, and great defense.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That is a really really big guy. If he can play like that at 40. With what he is getting paid I would sign him as a sub and rotational player for next year. Providing he stays healthy.

yes indeed i forget name of guy who played guard til like he was 44....i think Matthews?...not sure