Stop these QBs runs up the middle

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They spied Jones w/ D.Wilson eventually and put an end to that.Nice adjustment by Quinn.

Wilson is a total beast missle....for his size he puts serious beatdowns on players ( legally...well most of the time )

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Mobile quarterbacks cause problems with every defense. Very few quarterbacks are mobile. That is why Jackson, Allen and Hurts are so effective.
Exactly. Remember the days when Dak used to shred defenses that way? I sure do. For a stretch of about 3 years the QB draw was our best red zone play. Now it is a distant memory.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hennessy---- LVE is afraid of his neck.....i dont blame him but he needs to retire
"NEEDS" get over yourself

you arent the mans daddy/wife, nor the coaching staff. Hes playing because they SEE and KNOW hes one of the better options. SMH you guys are unreal..

same nonsense spouted about N.Brown, Mcgovern, Maher, Tank, Abrown, Lewis, Steele, Rush , Dorance, and many others all whom now are playing well..you also said the last 2 FA offseason, have been soft and oddly enough, WRONG again. Fans need to just STOP their ridiculous player evals..often WRONG,

you do not watch all 50 snaps these guys take in games, you do now see practice, what they do in weight room etc etc only the Team does this break down assignments and see whose playing the best. apparently hes one of them. we are NOT desperate this season, we have depth and health on defense, so LVE isnt out there by accident, its by design. Ill trust DQ and that LB Coach, over any of you.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Why because we're sloppy, how many times do you see US ALMOST get there, or we're just about there and someone trips over someone else it happens too often
Soooooo frustrating when we should have a sack or tackle for loss, but somehow wiggle away for a big 1st
down.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah. Don’t want to get ahead of myself but for Dak’s sake he better be the reason the Cowboys do well in the playoffs. Jerry is looking at the Eagles and he remembers 2016. Do I need to pay a good quarterback elite money when I could bring in a cheap rookie, protect him with a running game, backup quarterback that knows the system, and great defense.
Daks job is not in jeopardy. there's no better!!

how about this,

• defense better not give up 4 straight scores to the offense to start a game and stop the run- FAIL
  • OL better not have 11 penalties and create a mess of behind the chain play calls and have big plays called back, FAIL
  • Offense better be able to run the ball and not be one dimensional, they did NOT! FAIL
  • Defense best not be offsides 3 times in the 2nd half extending drives and eating clock FAIL
  • the ref that needs to set ball needs to not jog back and have fat-tired OL beat them to set the ball- FAIL
  • coaches better have great gameplan and payers execute it- FAIL
  • Fans FEEL DAK should be superhuman and overcome all the above issues -FAIL
Got that bud.. i saw all those alleged failures buy our qb last year and other then the denver game, IT WAS NOT DAK. Many looked just like the 9er game, same issues.. Guess what TB game 1 much of the same.. what are you looking at, i see whats going on.

Dak could use soem support in game how about 2016 that GB playoff game, defense choked. Our offense battled back 3 times to tie or take the lead and defense gave it right back
2018 plays rams game defense gave up 250yards rushing, owned the clock ,and our OC couldn't draw up plays to move the ball,.
seems awfully familiar

Romo experienced similar situations and got the same nonsense from fans.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quarterback is a non defensed runner They would be all over the NFL if they didn't get hurt which is the downside.
It's one thing to have a quarterback that scrambles occasionally occasionally but it's another thing to have one on designed runs.
I give Jaylen 5050 on finishing the year healthy

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Quarterback is a non defensed runner They would be all over the NFL if they didn't get hurt which is the downside.
It's one thing to have a quarterback that scrambles occasionally occasionally but it's another thing to have one on designed runs.
I give Jaylen 5050 on finishing the year healthy
I hope we knock him into next week.1 real good pop and he might think twice about running again.Must turn him into strictly a pocket passer as he’s less effective that way, although he’s throwing it very well so far.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Exactly. Remember the days when Dak used to shred defenses that way? I sure do. For a stretch of about 3 years the QB draw was our best red zone play. Now it is a distant memory.
Dak never really was that fast. He was more of a Tebow type. With the offensive line and young Zeke that is what made his running effective.

quickccc

Reaction score
It's why we all want Dak to get that running threat back in his game.. It just places so much stress on the defense when the QB can take off and get a first down even when everybody's covered.

- Depends upon what kind of ' running threat " you're speaking of .

- That severe ankle break injury may have put a stop to be that.as it was before.
it's not like an ACL injury that today's medical science is much more advanced to deal with.

- Alex Smith was never the same in mobility and movement afterwards when he had a similar injury.

- i do not want to see those designed RPO QB runs in the open field anymore. - only if a surprise sneak very near the goal line, as most times goes in untouched.

- i really just want to see him scramble running only to avoiding the rush, on his way to the sideline out of bounds.. or sliding to ground feet first protect himself.
or play action boot leg roll outs to throwing on the move to a TE or RB, No unnecessary hits on his body.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No doubt playing man coverage and not letting the QB run is a tall order, secondary back is turned so they can't cover and look to see if the QB is running. Playing more zone coverage allows defense to keep track of the QB. It is a tough no matter how you go about it. You can put a spy on the QB but athletic QB with speed at best you may slow them down but guys like Lamar Jackson and Hurts is still going to make plays.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Daks job is not in jeopardy. there's no better!!

how about this,

• defense better not give up 4 straight scores to the offense to start a game and stop the run- FAIL
  • OL better not have 11 penalties and create a mess of behind the chain play calls and have big plays called back, FAIL
  • Offense better be able to run the ball and not be one dimensional, they did NOT! FAIL
  • Defense best not be offsides 3 times in the 2nd half extending drives and eating clock FAIL
  • the ref that needs to set ball needs to not jog back and have fat-tired OL beat them to set the ball- FAIL
  • coaches better have great gameplan and payers execute it- FAIL
  • Fans FEEL DAK should be superhuman and overcome all the above issues -FAIL
Got that bud.. i saw all those alleged failures buy our qb last year and other then the denver game, IT WAS NOT DAK. Many looked just like the 9er game, same issues.. Guess what TB game 1 much of the same.. what are you looking at, i see whats going on.

Dak could use soem support in game how about 2016 that GB playoff game, defense choked. Our offense battled back 3 times to tie or take the lead and defense gave it right back
2018 plays rams game defense gave up 250yards rushing, owned the clock ,and our OC couldn't draw up plays to move the ball,.
seems awfully familiar

Romo experienced similar situations and got the same nonsense from fans.
I hear you but Dak had the ball across mid field at the two minute warning with three timeouts left with a chance to lead the team to a go ahead touchdown. He failed to get it done. Yeah Williams had a holding call that really killed the drive but the narrative is that Dak failed.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Dak never really was that fast. He was more of a Tebow type. With the offensive line and young Zeke that is what made his running effective.
Didn’t run too often, but just enough to make the D think.Enough to make the D hesitate just for a split second which can be the difference in making a play or not.

quickccc

Reaction score
i too Hope Quinn can dial something up so Sheagles QB is not tearing us up and running wild

Didn't we kinda fairly contain Jalen Hurts last year with his run threats ?

i think we pretty much frustrated Hurt really good in our Blow out win vs Eagles here in Dallas.

But how much different is this very Eagles team ..as compared to last year ?

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score

i think we pretty much frustrated Hurt really good in our Blow out win vs Eagles here in Dallas.

AJ Brown was a huge pickup for them, unfortunately.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
They best get a plan to stop Hurts and his running. They will have more designed plays with him to run than Jones and Burrow. Or he just takes off running if he has no one to throw to.
Need to keep him in the pocket. Either sack him, or force bad throws.

Not concerned with Wentz or Stafford.

He has more rushes than Lamar Jackson so far. He's averaging nearly 12 rushes per game he's good at it. Now add TWO top WRs and you can see why they have the No 1 offense. Honestly, it's probably going to take defense with a top 7 or 4 AND a good secondary to stop him/them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

True one thing has changed or appears to have changed and that is he is showing better accuracy from the pocket. Hurts running Dallas can deal with that but when you add accuracy with his throws in and out of the pocket he now presents a bigger problems.