Stop these QBs runs up the middle

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
True one thing has changed or appears to have changed and that is he is showing better accuracy from the pocket. Hurts running Dallas can deal with that but when you add accuracy with his throws in and out of the pocket he now presents a bigger problems.
Having 3 good receivers in Goedert,AJ Brown, and Devonta Smith doesn’t hurt either.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
and it seems like WR Devontae Smith is really developing as well. although i'd like to see the Eagles vs a more competitive team than Commandoes.
Agreed.Would love to knock them down a peg or 2 because they’re looking very good so far.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Having 3 good receivers in Goedert,AJ Brown, and Devonta Smith doesn’t hurt either.

True but those WR mean little when your QB is throwing poor passes. I think Cowboys defense has the players who can cause Hurts a lot of problems.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
True but those WR mean little when your QB is throwing poor passes. I think Cowboys defense has the players who can cause Hurts a lot of problems.
Let’s hope so_Our D has looked pretty damn good so far.Punch them in the mouth a couple times and se how they respond.Just don’t get penalized doing it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and it seems like WR Devontae Smith is really developing as well. although i'd like to see the Eagles vs a more competitive team than Commandoes.

Will the Eagles be a good test for the Jaguars....OR ... Will the Jaguars be a good test for the Eagles .... :muttley::popcorn:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Let’s hope so_Our D has looked pretty damn good so far.Punch them in the mouth a couple times and se how they respond.Just don’t get penalized doing it.

You look at matchups, I don't go by what Washington did because frankly I think our defense is better. We have a defense that brings a lot of speed to the table, I think we can get to Hurts physically and mentally

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Will the Eagles be a good test for the Jaguars....OR ... Will the Jaguars be a good test for the Eagles .... :muttley::popcorn:

I think it will be a big chance for Jacksonville to make a statement. Going to Philly and winning would be big for that franchise.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
You look at matchups, I don't go by what Washington did because frankly I think our defense is better. We have a defense that brings a lot of speed to the table, I think we can get to Hurts physically and mentally
Agreed!

quickccc

Reaction score

and they have a over the top of a defense speed burner in WR Quez Watkins ..

. i had wish we ourselves had such the case, with an over- the -top speed burner as well.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
and they have a over the top of a defense speed burner in WR Quez Watkins ..

. i had wish we ourselves had such the case, with an over- the -top speed burner as well.
We do, but we just don’t use him that way, at least not yet.Turpin can flat out fly, but very diminutive.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I hear you but Dak had the ball across mid field at the two minute warning with three timeouts left with a chance to lead the team to a go ahead touchdown. He failed to get it done. Yeah Williams had a holding call that really killed the drive but the narrative is that Dak failed.
the poor BAD narrative, sure but in no way shape or form does it make it true.. not been close i stand by my bullet points,

Cowboyny

Reaction score
- The good thing is between Cincy and NYG, the pass rush was so relentless that opposing QBs
had to bail and take off running to save their very lives.

- The bad thing is if these opposing QBs have any sensible mobility and running legs, they are gonna
keep taking off up the middle vs our defense for huge gains and converted first downs.

- That's gonna threaten to keep drives alive when we need to get them off the field

- We saw Cincy's Joe Burrow taking off up the middle for several big gains and first downs,
and we saw Daniel Jones constantly taking off up the wide open middle for big gains
and converted 1st downs too.

- Lets see if Dan Quinn and staff will make adjustments to these big, wide open runs
vs these scrambling QBs,

- And to think, we'll soon have Philly's Jalen Hurts to deal with in terms vs running QBs.
It's a problem. Take away those runs and those drive extending penalties, Defense is way better!

quickccc

Reaction score
We do, but we just don’t use him that way, at least not yet.Turpin can flat out fly, but very diminutive.

Watkins is established and seasoned, Turpin is not. .

Using speed at the NFL as a WR, in not just running a straight line.
Beating the press jam and hands is involved too.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
the poor BAD narrative, sure but in no way shape or form does it make it true.. not been close i stand by my bullet points,
Dak will get another opportunity this season. Now he has to win. That is all anyone cares about. Dak had MVP stats last season and all anybody talks about is his loses.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
- The good thing is between Cincy and NYG, the pass rush was so relentless that opposing QBs

- The bad thing is if these opposing QBs have any sensible mobility and running legs, they are gonna
keep taking off up the middle vs our defense for huge gains and converted first downs.

- That's gonna threaten to keep drives alive when we need to get them off the field

- We saw Cincy's Joe Burrow taking off up the middle for several big gains and first downs,
and we saw Daniel Jones constantly taking off up the wide open middle for big gains

- Lets see if Dan Quinn and staff will make adjustments to these big, wide open runs
vs these scrambling QBs,

- And to think, we'll soon have Philly's Jalen Hurts to deal with in terms vs running QBs.
They adjusted later in the NYG game.

conner01

Reaction score
If you go all out for the QB you leave yourself open
The tackles must stay in their lane
The answer was spying with Wilson but that’s a 5th guy basically out of coverage which means the pressure must get there

Starstruck22

Reaction score

vs these scrambling QBs,

The biggest problem is our middle. LVE is the weakest link in this defense and a very, very, weak link. He is blocked out of every running play. And he is too slow to chase down a QB. We need a change here if we are going to win the division. We will not with LVE at middle. I guarantee that.

Motorola

Reaction score

vs these scrambling QBs,

Daniels' rushing definitely hurt the Cowboys - but Burrow was meh carrying the ball against Dallas...
he only took off 4 times for a total of 26 yards, with 12 of them on one run; only one 1st down.