Stop these QBs runs up the middle

FVSTONE

Reaction score
- The good thing is between Cincy and NYG, the pass rush was so relentless that opposing QBs
had to bail and take off running to save their very lives.

- The bad thing is if these opposing QBs have any sensible mobility and running legs, they are gonna
keep taking off up the middle vs our defense for huge gains and converted first downs.

- That's gonna threaten to keep drives alive when we need to get them off the field

- We saw Cincy's Joe Burrow taking off up the middle for several big gains and first downs,
and we saw Daniel Jones constantly taking off up the wide open middle for big gains
and converted 1st downs too.

- Lets see if Dan Quinn and staff will make adjustments to these big, wide open runs
vs these scrambling QBs,

- And to think, we'll soon have Philly's Jalen Hurts to deal with in terms vs running QBs.
Personally, I don't think teams can sustain LONG drives if the QB is constantly bailing out. I believe this is the reason for the amount of field goals that the team is giving up. But, if the D starts giving up serious yards because of their inability to contain the QB then Quinn is going to be forced to leave a spy in the middle.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Agree 110%. It's mind boggling how QB's run up the middle & get 1st downs most of the time. I'm sure there's a stat for that somewhere.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
what are you all talking about...dont forget Barr is playing well when he is in there....plus hoping Cox makes a showing....love how Quinn does not keep same players whole game but

rotates to keep em as fresh as he can
Did i say anything negative about barr's play?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
John Ridgeway would have been able to stop all runners that came his way. QB, FB, RB, TE, WR...it didn't matter. Most would say he wasn't a good pass rusher, but a bad pass rusher at DT makes an excellent spy. The QB has to elude that DT while trying to get up field. And that allows the other defensive linemen to catch the QB from behind. Strip sacks have been known to be caused by plays like this.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am going to hold off on the Rams until next week but let’s just say the Cowboys are not playing the same team that won the Super Bowl.

have not even kept up with Rams...are they better or worse than one that won super bowl?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah I'm thrilled to see them getting slammed now and then. As a former defensive tackle if I get back there hes gonna feel some pain:laugh:

love it....can we put a few serious beat-downs on Wentz today????

Starstruck22

Reaction score
- The good thing is between Cincy and NYG, the pass rush was so relentless that opposing QBs

- The bad thing is if these opposing QBs have any sensible mobility and running legs, they are gonna
keep taking off up the middle vs our defense for huge gains and converted first downs.

- That's gonna threaten to keep drives alive when we need to get them off the field

- We saw Cincy's Joe Burrow taking off up the middle for several big gains and first downs,
and we saw Daniel Jones constantly taking off up the wide open middle for big gains

- Lets see if Dan Quinn and staff will make adjustments to these big, wide open runs
vs these scrambling QBs,

- And to think, we'll soon have Philly's Jalen Hurts to deal with in terms vs running QBs.
Get rid of LVE. He is supposed to be the middle. He is not. A point I have been making for some time.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They're the most sacked team in the league I like our chances

mr noshame--- getting feel of our fellow zoners....should we not get a little wild and crazy and lay down a Quintuple Plat Gurantee win over the Rams?....pernonally i dont gamble but

if i did...why not SPANK the bookie this week?.....i believe we have lost out last 2 against Rams ...2018 divisional and 2019 first game of season horrible call Ramsey totally flopped?

some say Jones has already ruled Dak out of game....dont yet buy that one ....but somedays you got to move all the chips in for yout team???

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Worse by a mile. Stafford looks like late Lions Stafford.

mr balt---- taking temp of zoners....what ya'll think of Quintuple Plat Gurantee win over Rams?......there are times when it is time to get a little wild and crazy and move all chips in????

baltcowboy

Reaction score
mr balt---- taking temp of zoners....what ya'll think of Quintuple Plat Gurantee win over Rams?......there are times when it is time to get a little wild and crazy and move all chips in????
I like our chances Sunday. This will be the worst Rams team we have played in a long time.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Dallas will need to put a spy on Hurts and also contain him. He is a big part of their offense. How he goes, the offense goes. Queue up the Queen hit, "Under Pressure"....

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mr noshame--- getting feel of our fellow zoners....should we not get a little wild and crazy and lay down a Quintuple Plat Gurantee win over the Rams?....pernonally i dont gamble but

if i did...why not SPANK the bookie this week?.....i believe we have lost out last 2 against Rams ...2018 divisional and 2019 first game of season horrible call Ramsey totally flopped?

some say Jones has already ruled Dak out of game....dont yet buy that one ....but somedays you got to move all the chips in for yout team???
Defense will give up at least 17 this week.
If Gallup is more involved and we use a pitch to Pollard and attack off tackle we have a chance. But will we see Zeke with his 2yds per carry? Likely. :facepalm:
Just don't embarrass us.
In Quinn I trust
MM and KM not so much
Who knows

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

vs these scrambling QBs,

if the other QB has to run up the middle consistently, then I am ok with it. outside of baltimore, no team relies more on their QB rushes. the defense has done its job by forcing the QB to run the ball...