Stop these QBs runs up the middle

FVSTONE

Reaction score
- The good thing is between Cincy and NYG, the pass rush was so relentless that opposing QBs
had to bail and take off running to save their very lives.

- The bad thing is if these opposing QBs have any sensible mobility and running legs, they are gonna
keep taking off up the middle vs our defense for huge gains and converted first downs.

- That's gonna threaten to keep drives alive when we need to get them off the field

- We saw Cincy's Joe Burrow taking off up the middle for several big gains and first downs,
and we saw Daniel Jones constantly taking off up the wide open middle for big gains
and converted 1st downs too.

- Lets see if Dan Quinn and staff will make adjustments to these big, wide open runs
vs these scrambling QBs,

- And to think, we'll soon have Philly's Jalen Hurts to deal with in terms vs running QBs.
This has to be cleaned up before they go into battle with the Eagles. Jones had a field day running up the middle, I can't even think about what Hurts will do when the Boys play them if this is not addressed. Quinn has to work his magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

morat1959

Reaction score
- The good thing is between Cincy and NYG, the pass rush was so relentless that opposing QBs
had to bail and take off running to save their very lives.

- The bad thing is if these opposing QBs have any sensible mobility and running legs, they are gonna
keep taking off up the middle vs our defense for huge gains and converted first downs.

- That's gonna threaten to keep drives alive when we need to get them off the field

- We saw Cincy's Joe Burrow taking off up the middle for several big gains and first downs,
and we saw Daniel Jones constantly taking off up the wide open middle for big gains
and converted 1st downs too.

- Lets see if Dan Quinn and staff will make adjustments to these big, wide open runs
vs these scrambling QBs,

- And to think, we'll soon have Philly's Jalen Hurts to deal with in terms vs running QBs.
How’d that work out for those runners? Last I saw we went 2-0 in those games.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are opponents are going to make some plays. Daniel Jones running the football led to 16 points so let’s not overreact. In the second half Quinn made the adjustment by spying Wilson on Jones. Relax………
Sorry Amigo but I don't agree. This team has been run on for several years. The middle seems to be open for lots of yardage at the worst time. Time to fix this problem

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Didn't we kinda fairly contain Jalen Hurts last year with his run threats ?

i think we pretty much frustrated Hurt really good in our Blow out win vs Eagles here in Dallas.

But how much different is this very Eagles team ..as compared to last year ?

quick---they have better defense and receivers

38-35 game 1 over Lions......24-7 game 2 over Vikings.....24-8 game 3 over Washington......but we are a better team than the one that rolled out there week 1 against Bucs

it will be our defense and O line and first game Dak is back against Sheagles is what Mike Fisher says from his inside info at the Star???

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hear you but Dak had the ball across mid field at the two minute warning with three timeouts left with a chance to lead the team to a go ahead touchdown. He failed to get it done. Yeah Williams had a holding call that really killed the drive but the narrative is that Dak failed.

hey balt---- its 5am here in California..Go-Cowboys

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Quarterback is a non defensed runner They would be all over the NFL if they didn't get hurt which is the downside.
It's one thing to have a quarterback that scrambles occasionally occasionally but it's another thing to have one on designed runs.
I give Jaylen 5050 on finishing the year healthy

noshame---i heard refs are not going to call ticky-tack penalties on hitting QB's as much this year?.....it was getting ridiculous..

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are opponents are going to make some plays. Daniel Jones running the football led to 16 points so let’s not overreact. In the second half Quinn made the adjustment by spying Wilson on Jones. Relax………

i did notice that adjustment.....i hope we flood interior line and let DE's have left and right side....no one gets room to run....and hope our backend and keep up with receivers alone....hope we are 4-1 when

we play Sheagles...but that rams game tough one even with Cooper Clutch.....but not if i put down Quintuple Plat it wont...ha ha dont i wish

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well we kno vander trash isnt the answer.

what are you all talking about...dont forget Barr is playing well when he is in there....plus hoping Cox makes a showing....love how Quinn does not keep same players whole game but

rotates to keep em as fresh as he can

baltcowboy

Reaction score
hey balt---- its 5am here in California..Go-Cowboys
Hey brother because the Ravens play Buffalo at 1 instead of the game being in prime time, I will be listening to the game on the radio.:laugh::facepalm:. I hate the NFL tv schedule.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
i did notice that adjustment.....i hope we flood interior line and let DE's have left and right side....no one gets room to run....and hope our backend and keep up with receivers alone....hope we are 4-1 when

we play Sheagles...but that rams game tough one even with Cooper Clutch.....but not if i put down Quintuple Plat it wont...ha ha dont i wish
I am going to hold off on the Rams until next week but let’s just say the Cowboys are not playing the same team that won the Super Bowl.

kskboys

Reaction score
It’s not an easy fix

you need better DTs who can hold their ground and a MLB who is quick and physical

with Micah playing DE, we have neither of the above . Maybe when the Clark comes in at the end of the year it will help
Hold their ground and collapse the pocket, yes.

kskboys

Reaction score
Sorry Amigo but I don't agree. This team has been run on for several years. The middle seems to be open for lots of yardage at the worst time. Time to fix this problem
First step is to spend resources on a NT instead of mid/late round picks and cheap UFA's. Until they do that, the other stuff won't matter.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
noshame---i heard refs are not going to call ticky-tack penalties on hitting QB's as much this year?.....it was getting ridiculous..
Yeah I'm thrilled to see them getting slammed now and then. As a former defensive tackle if I get back there hes gonna feel some pain:laugh:

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First step is to spend resources on a NT instead of mid/late round picks and cheap UFA's. Until they do that, the other stuff won't matter.
Preaching to the choir, Amigo. They simply won't do it for some crazy reason

kskboys

Reaction score
Preaching to the choir, Amigo. They simply won't do it for some crazy reason
Jerry does not understand football.

Look at the huge jump in the D simply because we finally got some viable NFL Safeties. They're not even topnotch or anything(Not yet, but may be on the way), but just having guys on the last line of D who know what to do makes a monstrous difference.