Stuff I learned today

SlammedZero

Reaction score
At one time, 1 out of every $23 spent in the US is spent in a convenience store like Wawa or 7 Eleven. That's 4.3% of all consumer spending!
I absolutely believe this. I drop insane amounts of money at convenience stores. :laugh: They're just so......................convenient. :grin:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I think most people know that the Romans had many Gods, probably didn't realize just how many, there was a God for just about everything. There was Caradea, the Goddess of Door Hinges, Commoleda the Goddess that Protected Trees from Lightning and of course Sterculius, the God of Poop. Sterculius was also the God that bestowed the knowledge of manure to mankind.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I learned today not to read the thread ... :lmao:

J/K

I try to learn something new every day. Sometimes I wish I did not as it is useless. Other times it is interesting.
I knew a guy, have not seen him for over 10 years. He would have some topic every day and talked like he was an expert.
I asked him one time, what do you do, sit and look on the internet for a topic then come in and bore us with it. :muttley:

Today so far, I have not learned anything new, but it is early.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I learned that Texas, by far, is the state with the most bridges with over 55,000, doubling the next nearest state, Ohio with right at 27,000 bridges.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I occasionally post comments about bear "encounters". Today, I learned that the Rocky Mountain corridor where we live in NW Montana is one of the most heavily populated grizzly habitats in the world with somewhere between 1,500 to 1,800 bears (second only to Alaska).

Despite this, most people in our area will never encounter a grizzly.

And, to think that by the 1930's, they were almost hunted to extinction in this area.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I occasionally post comments about bear "encounters". Today, I learned that the Rocky Mountain corridor where we live in NW Montana is one of the most heavily populated grizzly habitats in the world with somewhere between 1,500 to 1,800 bears (second only to Alaska).

Despite this, most people in our area will never encounter a grizzly.

And, to think that by the 1930's, they were almost hunted to extinction in this area.
Wow, I didn't realize grizzlies were so rare. The town I grew up in, in NJ, probably had that many black bears at one time.

Creeper

Reaction score
I just learned how much it costs to replace a water heater! Too much. And I learned they now require expansion tanks, a building permit and an inspection from the town! Pretty soon you will need a permit to mow your lawn.

triplets_93

Reaction score
I just learned how much it costs to replace a water heater! Too much. And I learned they now require expansion tanks, a building permit and an inspection from the town! Pretty soon you will need a permit to mow your lawn.
My Hot Water replacement required a catch pan, with an auto-shutoff system.