Stuff I learned today

Creeper

Reaction score
Bubble wrap, a $50 billion business, was invented in Saddle Brook, NJ, which is not far from where I live. Two guys were trying to come up with a new textured wall paper and discovered bubble wrap by accident. They failed at the wall paper, but realized the bubble wrap was a good cushioning material. Contrary to popular belief, the air in the bubbles of the bubble wrap is not pumped in, it is just the air trapped when one sheet of plastic is layered onto another sheet while the two sheets are heated. Of course one sheet has the bubbles pressed into it before the two sheets are layered.

So when you pop those bubbles for relieve stress, think of NJ!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bubble wrap, a $50 billion business, was invented in Saddle Brook, NJ, which is not far from where I live. Two guys were trying to come up with a new textured wall paper and discovered bubble wrap by accident. They failed at the wall paper, but realized the bubble wrap was a good cushioning material. Contrary to popular belief, the air in the bubbles of the bubble wrap is not pumped in, it is just the air trapped when one sheet of plastic is layered onto another sheet while the two sheets are heated. Of course one sheet has the bubbles pressed into it before the two sheets are layered.

So when you pop those bubbles for relieve stress, think of NJ!
My aunt used to live in Saddle Brook, so I've been there many times. Used to watch the drive-in from their street.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Doctors told me if I kept drinking the way I do I wouldn't make it to 40. Welp here I am still Smirnoffing away.