Twitter: Sturm on Zeke contract

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like Dallas did with Emmitt they traded him after he had already played 9 season. It also helped the Seahawks to 2 SB and 1 championship and would have been 2 championships had Carroll handed the ball off down by the goal line to Lynch instead of throwing the slant. lol

No argument on the playcall, but it ended, like Emmitt, with dead money on the team's cap. Like they all do.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Zeke will be a free agent next season, we wont be signing him. Too big a cap number he wants..

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isn't news. Stephen said weeks ago that Gurley will be the starting point and anyone who even half understands NFL contracts knew that would be the case. "Strum" has no inside information.

Damn right I'd pay him but of course I want it to be as affordable as possible.

Pay Zeke and Copper. To hell with Lawrence and that QB.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Maybe SJ has a higher value on the RB position. And believes in having a really good one and had no problem paying for it. But holds no value in safeties.

Sydla

Reaction score
Maybe SJ has a higher value on the RB position. And believes in having a really good one and had no problem paying for it. But holds no value in safeties.

Four years ago they said they didn't place a ton of value on putting a lot of resources in the TB position, and that's why they didn't sign Murray to a big long term deal.

Then the 2015 season happened and they panicked and used the 4th pick on a TB. Now they are forced to do the stupid, which is hand that same TB a monster contract extension.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Four years ago they said they didn't place a ton of value on putting a lot of resources in the TB position, and that's why they didn't sign Murray to a big long term deal.

Then the 2015 season happened and they panicked and used the 4th pick on a TB. Now they are forced to do the stupid, which is hand that same TB a monster contract extension.
I bet Elliot won’t play under the tag..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The end was his 3rd contract. He signed a second extension in 2015, and that's when it crashed after one year. His second contract included 2 SB trips and what should have been 2 championships. Nothing I stated is incorrect.

Gotcha. I stand corrected then. Thanks.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I bet Elliot won’t play under the tag..

1000% convinced this correct......where you think rumors can from that he wanted a new deal now? IMO that's his agent putting the Cowboys on notice. He'll play this season with no issues other than taking care of business but 2020 ( option year) and 2021 ( possible tag ) all bets off. Especially considering they have a terrible track record of playing their franchise RBs ( remember Emmitt and DeMarco issues )

uvaballa

Reaction score
No way you pay Zeke more than Gurleys contract. This team will be in terrible shape if they do that. Might as well draft a RB this year.