Success of season rest on Daks health

starfan1

Reaction score
I have just never been concerned about Dak's health or his recovery even since the injury. I saw no reason he would not make a full recovery and be ready to go. My biggest concern is the defense in general and then the health of Allen and Collins for successful season.

Is Larry coming back? just kidding actually wishful thinking

garyo1954

Reaction score
Success for any team rests on the ability to overcome injuries during the season. IMO, if you are so one dimensional that success is dependent on one player, you failed.
An injury to the #1 may make things harder, but never impossible. Bledsoe to Brady, Romo to Dak, Wentz to Foles, success comes when you don't let yourself fail.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If he can stay upright for 17 games we should win the division. I’m not sure he can though with the injury concerns of our OL.

And in the event Dak does miss some time doesn’t look like we’ve addressed our backup QB adequately either. These are my biggest concerns.

But if Dak can remain healthy lighting up this offense and our defense is improved to at least top 20 instead of worst we could make some noise.

The NFC once you get past Tampa and a Green Bay with Rodgers, is fair game.
th
You forgot about Zeke having a goog year also. Neither player has been as good without the other. Just how it appears to me. Zeke was not healthy last year but he still gave his best. Pollard never stepped up as help. He needs too now. It's time he become like another weapon.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You forgot about Zeke having a goog year also. Neither player has been as good without the other. Just how it appears to me. Zeke was not healthy last year but he still gave his best. Pollard never stepped up as help. He needs too now. It's time he become like another weapon.
Very true.

Worth noting: The only two seasons with Dak we’ve made the playoffs is when Elliott lead the league in rushing.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Well, according to Jimmy the success of the team relies on the team being able to carry Dak, because as Jimmy said, "Dak isn't carrying no team, he has to have a team around him to carry him" I'm not a winning Superbowl coach so I can not disagree with him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, according to Jimmy the success of the team relies on the team being able to carry Dak, because as Jimmy said, "Dak isn't carrying no team, he has to have a team around him to carry him" I'm not a winning Superbowl coach so I can not disagree with him.
Here’s the full interview with Jimmy link below:

Dak can win you a championship if he has great players around him,” Johnson told Colin Cowherd this week. “I don’t think he can carry a football team.”

Prescott is getting paid to carry a football team, but few – if any – quarterbacks can “carry” a team to a Super Bowl win. Even Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady
and Aaron Rodgers have pretty great supporting casts.

Johnson said the key to the Cowboys moving forward will be drafting well.

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/dallas-cowboys/nfl-fans-jimmy-johnson-dak-prescott

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If he can stay upright for 17 games we should win the division. I’m not sure he can though with the injury concerns of our OL.

And in the event Dak does miss some time doesn’t look like we’ve addressed our backup QB adequately either. These are my biggest concerns.

But if Dak can remain healthy lighting up this offense and our defense is improved to at least top 20 instead of worst we could make some noise.

The NFC once you get past Tampa and a Green Bay with Rodgers, is fair game.
th

This is true of most teams. Foles' improbable SB run has fans thinking that should be the norm as far as back up QBs go, but it's the exception. Several teams don't have one competent QB, much less two, and Foles just caught lightning in a bottle. He wasn't good before then and hasn't been good since.

Lose your starting QB for the season and you're pretty much done. That's the NFL.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is true of most teams. Foles' improbable SB run has fans thinking that should be the norm as far as back up QBs go, but it's the exception. Several teams don't have one competent QB, much less two, and Foles just caught lightning in a bottle. He wasn't good before then and hasn't been good since.

Lose your starting QB for the season and you're pretty much done. That's the NFL.
I’m not talking about the season, just a few games. We don’t have a back up with any proven success coming in to win a few games in Daks absence.

Last edited:

Scotman

Reaction score
I think a lot of you don't realize that just having a good offense and a top 20 defense doesn't automatically equal success.

It's like Daks last full season (2019) never happened.

Isn't that the year that Zeke spent the summer in Cabo and came back lackluster at best? Isn't that the year that the defense began to show just how awful it really was? But yeah, Dak was healthy so nothing else enters the equation.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Isn't that the year that Zeke spent the summer in Cabo and came back lackluster at best? Isn't that the year that the defense began to show just how awful it really was? But yeah, Dak was healthy so nothing else enters the equation.
We had the #1 overall offense, top 12 in both rushing and passing defense, and top 9 in points allowed per game.

Zeke was 4th in the NFL in rushing.

I really don't see how your excuses changes anything.

Scotman

Reaction score
We had the #1 overall offense, top 12 in both rushing and passing defense, and top 9 in points allowed per game.

My excuses? LOL...perhaps I read your post wrong, which is entirely possible. I though it sounded like you were laying the blame at Dak's feet. Obviously not.

conner01

Reaction score
Every team in the league is in the same boat
GB without Rodgers isn’t making the playoffs
The chiefs are a very complete team but without Mahomes they aren’t going to the SB

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

So you're saying the offense was not the problem?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So you're saying the offense was not the problem?
The inconsistency of the offense was the reason we went 8-8 in 2019, imo.

I will say that the defense was definitely not the problem in 2019 and we would all be lucky if the 2021 Cowboys defense is the same as the 2019 Cowboys defense.

We padded our offensive numbers against the worst teams in the league and got controlled easily against good competition.

Corso

Reaction score
The inconsistency of the offense was the reason we went 8-8 in 2019, imo.

I will say that the defense was definitely not the problem in 2019 and we would all be lucky if the 2021 Cowboys defense is the same as the 2019 Cowboys defense.

We padded our offensive numbers against the worst teams in the league and got controlled easily against good competition.
So the D was ranked lower. The ST's was ranked almost the lowest in the entire league.
The O was ranked the highest by far and it's their fault?

C'mon guy. You're the dude who uses numbers for his arguments.

Corso

Reaction score
Maybe the O should have ranked lower...

Corso

Reaction score
Oh boy. Gotta go. Have a commitment to hang out with some friends at Top Golf.

It's already 104 degrees and getting hotter.

I'm just going to order a bucket of beers in ice and tell them to keep it flowing.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So the D was ranked lower. The ST was ranked almost the lowest in the entire league.
The O was ranked the highest by far and it's their fault?

C'mon guy. You're the dude who uses numbers for his arguments.
We lost games 10-12, 9-13, and 9-17.

The offense was #1 because they padded their numbers against bad teams. I mean look at the week 17 game against WFT. We had no chance at the playoffs at that point but here we are putting up 47 points when the week before, when if we would've won we make the playoffs, we put up 9 whole points.