Such nonsense toward Zeke! This is condescending by RGIII

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
RGIII - the same guy that was texting his side piece on his wedding day?
IMO, Zeke isn't a good fit with any team. He's Michael Bush right now. If they had a veteran's combine like they did a few years ago , and Zeke runs a 5.1 Forty timelike Bush did, he'd say the same thing Bush did seconds after the time was displayed "My career is over, man". LOL

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Zeke is definitely not a Cowboys all time great. He was great for about 4 seasons and thats it. The rest of them he was all given more carries than he deserved and was babied here. His last 3 or 4 season were a joke and the FO basically handed him the job over the better player in Pollard.
Right now we remember the Zeke of the past couple seasons and don't consider him an all time Cowboys great. But it's hard to believe he trails only Emmitt Smith and Tony Dorsett on Dallas' all time rushing yards list.

For four years (like you said), 2016-19, Zeke was arguably the best all around running back in football. Then the heavy workload caught up to him quickly. All time great? I think we need to wait a few years and then Zeke's accomplishments might become more appreciated.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Right now we remember the Zeke of the past couple seasons and don't consider him an all time Cowboys great. But it's hard to believe he trails only Emmitt Smith and Tony Dorsett on Dallas' all time rushing yards list.

For four years (like you said), 2016-19, Zeke was arguably the best all around running back in football. Then the heavy workload caught up to him quickly. All time great? I think we need to wait a few years and then Zeke's accomplishments might become more appreciated.
Thats cool, I mean I realize some of you will see it that way. I look at him as a guy that was never really that great. He just had an all world Oline those first 4 years. Murray had the best season in cowboys history for a back with that same Oline. Had they kept Murray we are probably talking about Murray like this.

Was he a really good back? Yah he was good when he had some burst those first few years. But it was the Oline that made him look better than he was. And he certainly got spoon fed carries the last 4 years by Jerry when he clearly wasnt the best back on the team.

Zeke will be debated for a long time by Cowboys fans. Unlike Emmitt and Dorsett, it will probably be half like me and half like you as an all time great.

To me Zeke rarely came through in big games or in the playoffs. He was not a all time great in my mind.

And this term "best all around back in football" is lame. You are either the best back or you aren't. What do you do with the ball in your hands.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke was a bloated drive killer - overpaid overrated slow stupid faces nose rings - good riddance
Zeke is definitely not a Cowboys all time great. He was great for about 4 seasons and thats it. The rest of them he was all given more carries than he deserved and was babied here. His last 3 or 4 season were a joke and the FO basically handed him the job over the better player in Pollard.
Haters will always hate and never give credit where credit is due. Go look at his stats. But in your blindness you won't.

Same thing can be said about Dak. Overpaid and bloated stats. Dak's INT's last year were a joke and cost us HFA and a trip to the NFCCG.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Kellen Moore happened. And that was a downfall. And Dak can't carry the team, so more stacked boxes.

Rayman70

Reaction score
RG 3 means well but I don't think anyone cares much as Zeke is a shell of what he was. I still think he retires. I saw a guy last year with dead legs at times. He was slow and tired. Great in short yardage but that was it. he fell off the cliff in 2022.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Kellen Moore happened. And that was a downfall. And Dak can't carry the team, so more stacked boxes.

So your expert football analysis was that defenses lately were stacking the boxes against the horrid Zeke because they didnt respect Dak and the passing game?

Was Zeke carrying the team? :lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not a hater, but not supporting him like I used to. He needs to re-prove himself to me.
LOL............right but Zeke's declining play didnt have to reprove himself to you?

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zeke’s best chance to resurrect his career would be in Philly behind a great OL. I don’t see how the Jets would be a great fit they aren’t going to win anything even with Aaron Rodgers. They didn’t win anything with Brett Favre and it will be the same with Rodgers. Adding what’s left of great players that are on the downside of their careers isn’t going to do much for the Jets. It’s just going to make their fan base even more angry and frustrated when it doesn’t go the way they hope.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke’s best chance to resurrect his career would be in Philly behind a great OL. I don’t see how the Jets would be a great fit they aren’t going to win anything even with Aaron Rodgers. They didn’t win anything with Brett Favre and it will be the same with Rodgers. Adding what’s left of great players that are on the downside of their careers isn’t going to do much for the Jets. It’s just gonna make their fan base even more angry and frustrated when it doesn’t go the way they hope.
I agree. ONLY way Zeke looks remotely good is to go to a place like PHilly with an all world line and he can vulture lots of 1 yard TD runs.

Problem is that philly has had a front row seat to his decline the last 3 years and they know full well how bad he is.

Why would the Jets want him? They have a great young back already.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Was he reading his lines from text or teleprompter? Anyone really believe those "pundits" are not fed their talking points. ESPN is a joke.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

LInk

From ESPN, RGIII says Zeke in an Eagles uniform would tarnish Elliott's lagacy.

He says the Jets would be tha best fit for Zeke.
:confused:
Egads, who knows, forum ruffians what is best.
:angry:
But that is rude, RG you socks maven, to deen to direct Zeke's professional and financial future.
Tha is presumptuous!! Arrogant! I believe you, RG, tarnished your image in a couple of cities.

Zeke has to do what is best for him, not you or I!
Just like Jerald told Zeke, "It's business." Right you are govnor, right you are. Yet ...

Zeke deserves a chance at the Super Bowl.
You, Zeke, are one of the Cowboys greats.

Holla and brings me a dollah
I agree. Elliot will no longer be remembered as a cowboy for me if he did this. He'd be a eagle

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Funny how the "stacked boxes" haven't stopped Tony Pollard from averaging a full yard per carry more than Zeke.

Not everything has to be about Dak. There's plenty of threads here to dump on him. Can we just not accept the fact that Zeke no longer has much left in the tank and leave it at that? This anti-Dak agenda is getting laughable. Somebody will blame Brett Maher missing extra points on Dak's "inability to carry the team" next I'm sure.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny how the "stacked boxes" haven't stopped Tony Pollard from averaging a full yard per carry more than Zeke.

Not everything has to be about Dak. There's plenty of threads here to dump on him. Can we just not accept the fact that Zeke no longer has much left in the tank and leave it at that? This anti-Dak agenda is getting laughable. Somebody will blame Brett Maher missing extra points on Dak's "inability to carry the team" next I'm sure.
Funny how Pollard had different plays to allow him better run success.