Sully's Top 5

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The internet is an amazing innovation of the 20th century. People, ordinary people, own or find recordings from yesterday, convert it into current formats, and upload them for worldwide public consumption. Instantaneous stuff, available to billions, from newborn babes to 110 year olds.

Amazing link (click here)

Man. Television has certainly come a long way. :) Newborn babes are so freaking lucky nowadays. :(

Last edited:

Nemesis4u

Reaction score
Good lists but I must admit I think Romo was the best of all of them.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Big thing to remember is the rules have bent to be more and more towards the offense. It’s an offense driven league now. Even back to the start of Romo’s career defense had it easier. When Romo was in his prime an 97 QB rating was top 5. Now anything lower than 90 is bad QB play. This is another reason to draft a QB and give Lance a chance. QB play in this league has never been easier (comparitevly to 10 years and longer ago).

erod

Reaction score
Remove Dak and relieve him with Meredith, and swap Romo with White.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Big thing to remember is the rules have bent to be more and more towards the offense. It’s an offense driven league now. Even back to the start of Romo’s career defense had it easier. When Romo was in his prime an 97 QB rating was top 5. Now anything lower than 90 is bad QB play. This is another reason to draft a QB and give Lance a chance. QB play in this league has never been easier (comparitevly to 10 years and longer ago).
Exactly. It's never been easier.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Being a Dallas Cowboys fan since 1977, I will rank my Top 5 starting QBs:

#1 ~ Troy Aikman:
Before I get rolling on this, football is a team sport. When QBs want the biggest contracts on a football team then they will receive the highs and lows. So with that, Aikman was the general that got THE TEAM to 4 NFC Conference games, 3 Superbowls and WON 3 Superbowls, driving the bus of the "Team of the 90s". No, he will not lead the franchise history in 'stats', but stats are for players contracts. Fans want WINS and what matter to us fans is that Aikman leads the franchise in what matters to the fans --- playoff win that include the above mentioned.

#2 - Roger Staubach:
Roger "The Dodger" is still my favorite Cowboys player of all-time. Though #12 didn't drive the bus entirely in 1971, when Dallas won their 1st ever Superbowl, Staubach lead the Cowboys in 1977 and several other visits to Superbowls and NFC Conference games. Not winning as many Superbowls as Aikman, is why he will be in 2nd place. But under Stuabach, led many playoffs wins with a 11-6 record.
Staubach regular season record: 85-29 (.746) but its about the playoffs

#3 - Danny White:
Sure this will get shot down my most but as I have said, WINS are for the fans. Stats are for the players. Danny White, who took over after Staubach retired, still lead the Cowboys to three straight NFC Conference games. Heart-breaking he also suffered three loses and never got the Cowboys to a Superbowl. Danny White was also the punter and backup QB while Staubach played, White will not have any records with the Cowboys, had a 5-5 record in the playoffs. Because he got the team to 3 straight NFC Conference games, he falls at #3 spot.
Side Note: Danny White had a better regular season record than Romo: White with a 67.4% winning % vs. Romo 61.4% winning %. ( Prescott 64.0%)

#4 - Tony Romo:
Some will put Prescott here and that is fine but Tony was an UDFA and more exciting QB. He had some memorable games but
with a 2-4 playoff record, he can't and will not go any higher than 4th. Don't care about personal stats. He couldn't get the team to a single NFC Conference game

#5 - Dak Prescott:
Romo could be here but with a 2-5 playoff record and wanting to be paid like a Superbowl caliber QB without producing it on the field,
I can't put him any higher than 5th. Sure, Dak ( and Tony) will have higher stats like TDs passes, passing yards, etc..... neither could
transform the regular season stats into the playoffs. Both having memorable playoff crushing losses AT HOME while being huge favorites.
I am honestly surprised some of our fans don't have Trance on this list already.

Sully

Reaction score
Team produced more.
I am not debating that. But Aikman was the driver during the Dynasty. Whoever is the driver and produces SBs, then they get credit.
Staubach is still my #1 Cowboy

Chasing6

Reaction score
I am not debating that. But Aikman was the driver during the Dynasty. Whoever is the driver and produces SBs, then they get credit.
Staubach is still my #1 Cowboy
He was a bus driver.

Brax

Reaction score
That is fair. Meredith won a ring with Dallas.
Actually he didn’t, funny Morton got Dallas to a SB but it’s like he doesn’t exist he helped get the Broncos to a Super Bowl also

Chasing6

Reaction score
Never saw him play, did ya?
Handing ball off 30+ times for 90% the games is a bush driver. Between rushing and receiving Emmitt had more touches than Troy had pass attempts.

Troy was blessed with 100+ rushing games consistently.

Why did Dallas go 0-2 when Emmitt held out?