Sunday Combine Thread

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
BigWillie;1967689 said:
Dude, you seriously do not understand anything to do with a 40 time. If you would just go read what people have studied for freakin' years, maybe then you would understand what everyone is trying to tell you.

Hand-held times have ALWAYS been faster. Ask anyone with a brain that has followed football and they will tell you this.

If you say so. Either way, it's still not consistent.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
tomson75;1967686 said:
How is this a pissing contest? The only thing lacking any sort of "point" here is your cute little post here.

It's a pissing contest because you're wasting your breath trying to convince a guy that doesn't want to be convinced. Move on.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
theogt;1967480 said:
Rice = 4.44

Please, Jerry, draft Ray Rice. Thx k bye.

Dude I'm SO on board with you on this. Ray Rice jumped up as my favorite all around back in this with his stuff today. A 4.44 speed is much faster, I believe, than people thought he'd have. He's got more than enough speed to take it the distance. Good hands, carries the ball well, all round goodness out of Rice.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
TheCount;1967698 said:
It's a pissing contest because you're wasting your breath trying to convince a guy that doesn't want to be convinced. Move on.

Consider me moved.

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1967658 said:
It's not that big of a difference because were talking about a impressive 40 time under 4.4 but if it were another player who went from a 4.4 to 5.0 it would be a big difference.
This quote is almost sig worthy.

:lmao:

SDogo

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;1967700 said:
Dude I'm SO on board with you on this. Ray Rice jumped up as my favorite all around back in this with his stuff today. A 4.44 speed is much faster, I believe, than people thought he'd have. He's got more than enough speed to take it the distance. Good hands, carries the ball well, all round goodness out of Rice.

Unfortunately I'm forced to agree with him as well. Much better showing then I thought for Rice. His get up and go was the only question with him.

SDogo

Reaction score
eman721;1967705 said:
This quote is almost sig worthy.

:lmao:

Yeah, that made no sense and I'm not being sarcastic:eek::

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1967602 said:
That's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that NFL Network says he ran a 4.27, some scout in the stands may say it was a 4.31. There is just to much variance in reported 40 times.

I think it needs to be adjusted or looked at in a different angle.

Like one poster above suggested. If McFadden comes out and runs a 4.3 on his 2nd attempt it justifies a 4.27. But he runs a 4.4 what does that say about his 4.27?

Guess he didnt have to worry about it since he ran a 4.3 his second time around.

SDogo

Reaction score
This has to be the fastest class of RB's in a long time

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Huh...went from 4.29 to 4.24 his second time. Sorta blows away the idea that these guys CAN'T consistently run their faster times.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Ray Rice looks outstanding in this drill. Smooth and quick.

Dontrell Savage on the other hand...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1967728 said:
This has to be the fastest class of RB's in a long time
It's definitely the fastest class ever. But some of that has to do with them changing the turf.

tomson75;1967734 said:
Was going to post something similar. He looked fantastic.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Are you guys watching this online or via TV?

Rice + Barber = Championship!

SDogo

Reaction score
tomson75;1967734 said:

Dontrell Savage on the other hand...

Is there room on the Ray Rice bandwagon for 1 more?

SDogo

Reaction score
theogt;1967736 said:
It's definitely the fastest class ever. But some of that has to do with them changing the turf.

Should be interesting to see how Pro Day numbers compare even though the schools tend to find fast tracks for the players to perform on.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1967748 said:
Should be interesting to see how Pro Day numbers compare even though the schools tend to find fast tracks for the players to perform on.
Not really. Last year, which was the first year for them to run on this turf, something like 80% of the 40 times were faster at the Combine than at the players' pro day workouts.

SDogo

Reaction score
tomson75;1967751 said:

Considering we don't have a shot at McFadden, Stewart or probably Rashard it would be nice to land either Rice, Johnson or Charles in that order (for me anyways)

jbsg02

Reaction score
I'd be hard pressed to trade so much for McFadden when there seems to be so many quality backs in this draft