Sunday Combine Thread

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
theogt;1967753 said:
Not really. Last year, which was the first year for them to run on this turf, something like 80% of the 40 times were faster at the Combine than at the players' pro day workouts.

I guess that's not really surprising. There is no bigger platform then the combine and combining that with the fast track would lead to some pretty impressive numbers.

I know some schools let them run on the track and you would have to figure those are the ones that fit into that 20% or so.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1967748 said:
Should be interesting to see how Pro Day numbers compare even though the schools tend to find fast tracks for the players to perform on.

theogt;1967753 said:
Not really. Last year, which was the first year for them to run on this turf, something like 80% of the 40 times were faster at the Combine than at the players' pro day workouts.

If that's the case then I'd be sitting on these times at my pro day, and just run skill drills.

HomeOfLegends;1967758 said:
Considering we don't have a shot at McFadden, Stewart or probably Rashard it would be nice to land either Rice, Johnson or Charles in that order (for me anyways)

I'm thinking I'd rather have Charles over Johnson. CJ just looks too slim to me. He's built like a wideout.

Either way, I'm going to pitch a hissy fit if we dont' try and get Rice if he's there in the second round.

SDogo

Reaction score
tomson75;1967772 said:
I'm thinking I'd rather have Charles over Johnson. CJ just looks too slim to me. He's built like a wideout.

Either way, I'm going to pitch a hissy fit if we dont' try and get Rice if he's there in the second round.

I just really like the Westbrook type talent Johnson brings but I would not complain if we landed either one of them.

You talk about Rice in the 2nd, you think it would be to much of a stress at 28 in round 1? Basically it's only 3 picks from the 2nd round this year and with him posting good numbers I'm not sure he is not legitimate 1st round material now.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Oh God, Schefter just started the McFadden to Dallas rumors up again.

I think I'm gonna go run my head into a wall.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
I want to punch that little Schefter piece of **** in the face right now.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1967758 said:
Considering we don't have a shot at McFadden, Stewart or probably Rashard it would be nice to land either Rice, Johnson or Charles in that order (for me anyways)
that's not true at all

SDogo

Reaction score
BigWillie;1967783 said:
Oh God, Schefter just started the McFadden to Dallas rumors up again.

I think I'm gonna go run my head into a wall.

I wish it would die. It's to much to give up unless McFadden drops out of the top 10

Big Dakota

Reaction score
tomson75;1967785 said:
I want to punch that little Schefter piece of **** in the face right now.

He's still pimpin that Miami deal isn't he? Like a little ankle biter, he won't let it go:D

SDogo

Reaction score
Rampage;1967786 said:
that's not true at all

Well technically no but I think a majority of people hope Jones would not sell the farm to make it possible.

SDogo

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;1967815 said:
Ah my boy CJ 4.24 has to be a record of some sort =)

I thought they said it was the 2nd fastest recorded time in history. I will admit, it did not help my disturbing case of man love for him.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
One must consider the possibility of trading up for DMac...I'm against it, but if JJ would give up two #1's for Joey Galloway, then it's not that much of a stretch to admit JJ doing it for DMac is also a possibility.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1967819 said:
I thought they said it was the 2nd fastest recorded time in history. I will admit, it did not help my disturbing case of man love for him.

lol CJ speed second to none in this draft every1

:bow:

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1967611 said:
Case in point. It's a big difference between 4.27 and 4.33

NEITHER is slow but there is to big of a difference.

I don't know what to suggest, it's one of the reasons I hate 40 times.

maybe avg it out?

No theres not. Over 40 yards, someone who runs 1/10 of a second faster than another player will be 1.5 yards ahead. So the difference between a 4.5 and a 4.6 is about 4.5 feet. The difference between a 4.27 and 4.33, over 40 yards, is less than 2.5 feet. Not a big difference at all.

*this is based on something I saw on TV last year, leading up to the combine so I haven't done the math on it myself. I'll check it later today.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
theogt;1967736 said:
Was going to post something similar. He looked fantastic.

You know, Ray Rice may have done enough today to be the 4th RB taken like you were talking about.

JPTEXAS

Reaction score
masomenos85;1967945 said:
No theres not. Over 40 yards, someone who runs 1/10 of a second faster than another player will be 1.5 yards ahead. So the difference between a 4.5 and a 4.6 is about 4.5 feet. The difference between a 4.27 and 4.33, over 40 yards, is less than 2.5 feet. Not a big difference at all.

*this is based on something I saw on TV last year, leading up to the combine so I haven't done the math on it myself. I'll check it later today.

Johnson ran a 4.24. so it would be about a tenth difference 4.5 ft is 1.5yards...which is 1.5 steps...Even Deon said 1 step is alot.

Hong2221

Reaction score
i hope our 2nd 1st round pick is good enough to pick rice! If it's not Rice or Stewart I do not want a RB...

SDogo

Reaction score
masomenos85;1967945 said:

It's just about a yard. I guess at most positions it's not that big of a deal but if we were talking WR and CB it would come down to the old saying. If your even your leaving. That 2.5 feet would be huge.

Thanks for the break down though, I never saw that.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
JPTEXAS;1967973 said:
Johnson ran a 4.24. so it would be about a tenth difference 4.5 ft is 1.5yards...which is 1.5 steps...Even Deon said 1 step is alot.

Huh? I was just responding to the guy who said that McFadden's first time was significantly better than his second. I wasn't talking about Chris Johnson at all. But anyways, a "step" which is really a stride, is on average is about 2.7 yards for an athlete thats 6 feet tall.

So you have to be about .175 slower than someone else to be a step behind. .175 seconds is a significant difference, that's why being behind by a "step" is a lot.