Twitter: Sunday Cowboys Tweets

MikeB80

Reaction score
That's cool to read/hear despite others saying differently.

I mentioned this to you in the witten is the worst teammate ever thread but John Phillips and James Hanna said identical things about him.

Bennett and Witten were just oil and water.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I mentioned this to you in the witten is the worst teammate ever thread but John Phillips and James Hanna said identical things about him.

I remember this. Nice work.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Witten did once say (on camera) when asked about young TEs: "It's not my job to coach players".

Stephen Jones told Witten when he returned for 2019 after the 1 year out that they expected him to mentor the young players. Both SJ and Witten commented about that conversation.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Witten did once say (on camera) when asked about young TEs: "It's not my job to coach players".

Stephen Jones told Witten when he returned for 2019 after the 1 year out that they expected him to mentor the young players. Both SJ and Witten commented about that conversation.

yea that is the truth though. His job was not to coach them but to mentor them and teach them how things are done at this level. That is why he would yell at defensive players to get off the field if they put in poor effort and its why in the summer of 09 he did repeated interviews about Owens not tearing the organization apart.

There is a difference a fine line for sure but a difference in coaching and mentoring.

btw Stephen Jones on this week's Special edition said Jason Witten is his all time favorite cowboy.