Twitter: Sunday Cowboys Tweets

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm one of the ones that complained about field position but at the same time.......I don't see why Tony Pollard can't offer something from that aspect? There are other players other than Lamb who can return punts and have done it effectively.

I don't think Pollard is a punt returner. He's a kick returner. The two skills are not interchangeable.

Punt returners have to field high-arching kicks that are often falling end over end. They also have to do it with players closing in around them, be able to assess that coverage while waiting on the ball and move quickly to get through those bodies. No saying Pollard can't do that, but there's no evidence to support it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think Pollard is a punt returner. He's a kick returner. The two skills are not interchangeable.

Punt returners have to field high-arching kicks that are often falling end over end. They also have to do it with players closing in around them, be able to assess that coverage while waiting on the ball and move quickly to get through those bodies. No saying Pollard can't do that, but there's no evidence to support it.
I can't say if he is or isn't yet. Yes, kick-off and punts are different but its not uncommon for a guy to do both. I don't think its nearly as difficult as you are making it.