Twitter: Sunday Cowboys Tweets

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
How many of us were screaming this last year???

Giggity.

Hope they get both on the field at the same time, and often. I've been wanting more two back formations since Felix and Barber. Make the running game about more than one player. Make defenses defend the width of the field for the run game.

Pollard's receiving ability and deep state make him a huge personnel matchup problem for defenses. Just the perfect dual threat rushing complement to Zeke.

PFF scored him at 82.9. Too good to ride the bench. Get him on the field.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I love seeing McCoy teaching Hill. The young man can learn SO MUCH from him.

Big if Hill can contribute in rotation. More pass rush at DT is a big *need*. Biggest hole I see on the team, now that Aldon looks good and we've signed Griffen.

I'm much less worried about the CBs, as while no one is great, we've got significant quality depth. I don't see any depth for pass rush DT this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Big if Hill can contribute in rotation. More pass rush at DT is a big *need*. Biggest hole I see on the team, now that Aldon looks good and we've signed Griffen.

I'm much less worried about the CBs, as while no one is great, we've got significant quality depth. I don't see any depth for pass rush DT this year.

I think at 285 lbs, Aldon Smith will be out there in that role quite a bit. If Crawford somehow stays, that role actually suits him as well.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys should be playing the Chargers right now in Sofi Stadium but no, all the preseason games have been canceled. ...and to add to this frustration, access to practice is extremely limited. It's not supposed to be this way. The NFL has done nothing but screw it's fans so far this preseason.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think at 285 lbs, Aldon Smith will be out there in that role quite a bit. If Crawford somehow stays, that role actually suits him as well.

Aldon was first reported at 285, so I saw him as competing for snaps in a tweener role with Crawford, but I had heard he dropped 20lbs, and the roster lists him at 265 too.

I was annoyed at the weight drop, as I wanted more DT pass rush, but it sounds like he is really working out at RDE.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
With his length, Aldon playing inside would have some of the same advantages that David Irving had. The thing is, being that tall requires that the player be able to stay low and to not lose leverage. David was good at that and Aldon always was as well.

Then, they can use those long arms to create nightmares for interior blockers.

I can’t wait top watch him play.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
With his length, Aldon playing inside would have some of the same advantages that David Irving had. The thing is, being that tall requires that the player be able to stay low and to not lose leverage. David was good at that and Aldon always was as well.

Then, they can use those long arms to create nightmares for interior blockers.

I can’t wait top watch him play.
I'm starting to feel a burning yearning myself.
Not towards you!
Well, not right now...

Williamsboys

Reaction score
What can Mahomes learn from Dak Prescott?? How to hold out, lose the last game of the season and miss the playoffs??

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The Cowboys should be playing the Chargers right now in Sofi Stadium but no, all the preseason games have been canceled. ...and to add to this frustration, access to practice is extremely limited. It's not supposed to be this way. The NFL has done nothing but screw it's fans so far this preseason.

99% of the fans ***** and complain about preseason games but you're gonna go the other way. You do realize there are some issues in the world making things more difficult for everyone, right? Just be happy at this point that there might be a season.

conner01

Reaction score
99% of the fans ***** and complain about preseason games but you're gonna go the other way. You do realize there are some issues in the world making things more difficult for everyone, right? Just be happy at this point that there might be a season.
I get the reason but I miss the games
Many do gripe about them but I love seeing the new guys out there
But I sure get why there is no gamez

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The only thing making things more difficult for everyone is fear propagated by cowards. Now you want me to be thankful for a season of disrespect? No thank you on both counts.