Twitter: Sunday Cowboys Tweets

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haven’t they talked about their SLB being a designated pass rusher?

I don't know if "designated" is the term that I saw used, but I do agree that it seemed to be implied that there would be more linebacker blitzes coming (couldn't be much less of 'em!) My guess would be Jaylon Smith on most of those.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Am I the only one concerned about 88 fielding punts?

I'm with you. I think the added risk outstrips the potential reward. If he were to get injured returning punts, the receiving corps quickly goes from 'great' to 'good'.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm with you. I think the added risk outstrips the potential reward. If he were to get injured returning punts, the receiving corps quickly goes from 'great' to 'good'.
This may be my ignorance but it seems rare to get hurt on a punt return. And if he's fielding punts like Tavon, Beasley and Cobb....he's going to be fair catching anyway lol. But I know they probably want to give Bones as much weapons as possible.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This may be my ignorance but it seems rare to get hurt on a punt return. And if he's fielding punts like Tavon, Beasley and Cobb....he's going to be fair catching anyway lol. But I know they probably want to give Bones as much weapons as possible.

Do I remember correctly that Dez was injured when he was returning punts?

And yeah, all Beasley ever did was fair catch, not much risk of injury in that. And no offense to him, but I don't think he's the threat that Lamb can be.

Tavon? Yeah, he should still be the guy doing that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
YUP Cee Dee needs to work on his lower body. I worry about him taking a beating. Otherwise, he is a spectacular player. His YAC is awesome.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

And yeah, all Beasley ever did was fair catch, not much risk of injury in that. And no offense to him, but I don't think he's the threat that Lamb can be.

I won't harp on the Cowboys too hard for this but this is what 4th and 5th receivers are suppose to offer you. Especially if all you are going to have them do is fair catch. If Lamb can be a game changer back there then I'm ok with it. But if he's just back there because you want to get him on the field as much as possible? I don't think that's the right approach.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I won't harp on the Cowboys too hard for this but this is what 4th and 5th receivers are suppose to offer you. Especially if all you are going to have them do is fair catch. If Lamb can be a game changer back there then I'm ok with it. But if he's just back there because you want to get him on the field as much as possible? I don't think that's the right approach.

Yeah, I'm just offering my own opinion on what I would prefer. Not saying it's the right one.

cowboyed

Reaction score
What can Mahomes learn from Dak Prescott?? How to hold out, lose the last game of the season and miss the playoffs??

You will have to address that with Mahomes because he absolutely feels that he can learn from Prescott and obviously other quarterbacks.

Maybe Mahomes can learn how to keep playing in the last game of the season on the road against a division rival, despite an injured throwing shoulder while most of your team is frustrated and giving up because they lost faith in the coaching staff.

Prescott signed the franchise tag. What is your definition of a hold out?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I'm a big believer that you put your best players out there, whether its offense, defense and special teams. If Lamb is the best punt returner, a guy who can get us better field position and possibly take it to the house, I'm all for him handling the role. There's the possibility of injury on any play with any player.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a big believer that you put your best players out there, whether its offense, defense and special teams. If Lamb is the best punt returner, a guy who can get us better field position and possibly take it to the house, I'm all for him handling the role. There's the possibility of injury on any play with any player.

As I said, opinions vary. I was just expressing my own preference and you're free to express yours.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I don't think he'll be back there unless they believe he can be a game-changer. I think that's why he's already back there instead of trying ever other option before resorting to Lamb.

We complain about how bad we were in starting position last year, then some don't want to use a player who might can have a strong effect on that. Now ... if he shows he can't, then by all means use someone else back there. But if he can, then that can make be the difference between winning and losing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think he'll be back there unless they believe he can be a game-changer. I think that's why he's already back there instead of trying ever other option before resorting to Lamb.

We complain about how bad we were in starting position last year, then some don't want to use a player who might can have a strong effect on that. Now ... if he shows he can't, then by all means use someone else back there. But if he can, then that can make be the difference between winning and losing.
I'm one of the ones that complained about field position but at the same time.......I don't see why Tony Pollard can't offer something from that aspect? There are other players other than Lamb who can return punts and have done it effectively.