Sunday Night Football: 49ers at Broncos

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Basically game three of preseason. Look around, a lot of teams who didn't play starters in preseason didn't look smooth on offense today.
Starters never played the 1st pre-season game and rarely the last one, so between the other 2 games they might get 3 qtrs of work, if that.
The last few years teams have been doing more TC scrimmage against other teams than in years past and they are probably getting more snaps during those scrimmages than they would during a pre-season game.

I'm not trying to discount more time for a new QB/HC/system, but there is more problems than an extra couple qtrs of snaps woulda helped.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Starters never played the 1st pre-season game and rarely the last one, so between the other 2 games they might get 3 qtrs of work, if that.
The last few years teams have been doing more TC scrimmage against other teams than in years past and they are probably getting more snaps during those scrimmages than they would during a pre-season game.

I'm not trying to discount more time for a new QB/HC/system, but there is more problems than an extra couple qtrs of snaps woulda helped.

I disagree and here's why.. The work in preseason games might have revealed what was wrong with this offense and told the coaches what needed more work. You can't get that in a scrimmage even against another team. Games are just a different animal.. even in preseason.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Good call. Makes sense actually.

Ironically if he had just held it out there while he was being taken down he would have gotten the call. But of course that would have meant exposing the ball to being punched out longer.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I'm also not saying playing in preseason would've necessarily fixed this mess, but it's clear these guys need all the work they can get.

All things considered, this new Broncos OC turned head coach is looking a lot more like Adam Gase than Sean McVay. Not sure he knows how to fix it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Crazy Little Caesars is now the official pizza of the NFL. Talk about a great comeback. I remember when they were starting to fold back in the late 90s/early 00s.

TheHerd

Reaction score
It might take Denver 12 quarters to score a TD. Or 6 downs per first down.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
From what I've seen of Broncos game this year, Wilson just has not looked great/comfortable in that offense.

GORICO

Reaction score
Not to mention how can we as cowboys fans ever bring ourselves to root the 49ers. Two teams I’ll never root for are the 49ers and Packers

DC----- are you happy packers beat the Bucs 14-12?....or do you hate the cheesheads so much...NO?....but i am with you the 40-Whiners.....the 1981 "the catch" gave me suicidal ideations for

days...Montana was trying to throw ball away too.....i was in US Navy at sea when i saw the sports news come through radio central......i may have hid somewhere too and they almost did a man overboard cause they

could not find me....so me and 40-Whiners are enemies

GORICO

Reaction score
From what I've seen of Broncos game this year, Wilson just has not looked great/comfortable in that offense.

Slammed i just saw Wilson miss what use to be relatively easy throw that would have been a first down....and then they tried long FG and missed then i came here...last i saw 7-5 40-Whiners?

RS12

Reaction score
Crazy Little Caesars is now the official pizza of the NFL. Talk about a great comeback. I remember when they were starting to fold back in the late 90s/early 00s.
Better than Papa John's. Have a little pizza with your salt.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wilson got the 1st that time. Denver fans will go ballistic if they can’t get a TD.