- Brought in 3-4 UDFAs
- Sign Teddy Bridgewater
- Now bring in Foles!!!!
Cut dak

Might as well trade everyone and stock extensions and start over at that point

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

You think the Joneses would?..nah, nevermind.

Foles had a magical playoff run 5 years ago. He's played for six NFL teams and has never come close to duplicating that level of performance. :rolleyes:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Too late now, but Jerry should have had Foles as an option a few years ago. It sure worked for Philly.
caught lightning in a bottle for a few games.... that was a very strong team. with good coaching who could do no longer. there is a reason when they got rid of wentz, they didn't keep Foles. he is not that good.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If there was ever a flash in the pan, it was Nick Foles. He had had amazing playoff run in 2017 lighting it up in the Super Bowl, but completely flamed out after that. However, I would certainly look at him as a backup option, but you have knuckleheads here who would be screaming for him to be our starter. Lol
Most QBs don't ever flash like that.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And not winning SBs.
yes jones boys have a bad habit of committing to coaches and players for too long .
With the jonly justification being, that "they think" they will somehow get it done the coming year.
JG , marinelli, gregory, jaylon,crawford etc, now Dak.

Dak might , but I think they should let this be his final year of show me.
But they may commit to him for few more years thinking victory is around the corne.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Most QBs don't ever flash like that.
Most certainly don’t, but he did. I thought Philly was done when Carson Wentz, who is having an MVP year went down, especially how bad Foles stunk it up against us in the season finale. He was absolutely horrid! He was 4-11 for 36 yards and an INT. The Cowboys won 6-0 and everyone on this board was laughing thinking Philly was headed for a one and done. Never in a million years did I think Foles would perform in the playoffs the way he did and cap it off with an MVP Super Bowl performance.

Motorola

Reaction score
A 27 and 2 season? You’re thinking about the 8-2 season he had in 2013 when he finished with a 119.2 passer rating. The year prior he had a 79.1 passer rating and the year after 2013 he had a 81.4 passer rating. When he got on a roll he could really light it up but he was very streaky. In 2017 he was 2-1 with a 76.7 passer rating but caught fire in the playoffs and Super Bowl.
The 27 and 2 "season" was referring to the number of TDs and INTs thrown in 2013.

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
If there was ever a flash in the pan, it was Nick Foles. He had had amazing playoff run in 2017 lighting it up in the Super Bowl, but completely flamed out after that. However, I would certainly look at him as a backup option, but you have knuckleheads here who would be screaming for him to be our starter. Lol
I’m pretty sure he had some wild Stat year on his first stint with the birds as well.

nobody

Reaction score
I'd offer vet minimum to kick the tires in training camp. We always need reliable backups

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure he had some wild Stat year on his first stint with the birds as well.
I mentioned in an earlier post that his wild stat year came during his second season with Philly when he had a 119.2 passer rating. He threw 27 TD passes and only 2 INT‘s. He beat the Cowboys at home in a season finale elimination game. Romo was injured for that game and we were stuck with Kyle Orton.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This offseason was an F. We should have

- Cut Dak
- Drafted Will Levis
- Drafted Hendon Hooker
- Brought in 3-4 UDFAs
- Sign Teddy Bridgewater
- Now bring in Foles!!!!
yes rotate the qbs every series that will fool them... you forgot the 7 new WRS they all wanted, no matter the cost plus henry cooks and hunt , and how can you do that eating 49mil in dead cap cutting dak !?..LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score
I mentioned in an earlier post that his wild stat year came during his second season with Philly when he had a 119.2 passer rating. He threw 27 TD passes and only 2 INT‘s. He beat the Cowboys at home in a season finale elimination game. Romo was injured for that game and we were stuck with Kyle Orton.
yet Kelley cut him , they signed over drafted wentz Murray lol that was bad few seasons for them..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

- Cut Dak
- Drafted Will Levis
- Drafted Hendon Hooker
- Brought in 3-4 UDFAst
- Sign Teddy Bridgewater
- Now bring in Foles!!!!
Up until the third one, I thought you might be serious. Cut Dak and draft Levis? OK ... but there's a reason Levis didn't go u

- Cut Dak
- Drafted Will Levis
- Drafted Hendon Hooker
- Brought in 3-4 UDFAs
- Sign Teddy Bridgewater
- Now bring in Foles!!!!
Thought you might be serious all the way through the first three. Cut Dak and draft Levis? OK, you're replacing a proven QB with one who dropped because of questions about his ability, so that's a risk. Draft Hooker? Makes some sense if you are going to cut Dak. At least double down on finding his replacement. 3-4 UDFAs? Seems like a bit of overkill. Wait ... what? Bridgewater? Foles? Ahhh ... I see, you're nuts.