Twitter: Super Bowl winning QB available

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Most certainly don’t, but he did. I thought Philly was done when Carson Wentz, who is having an MVP year went down, especially how bad Foles stunk it up against us in the season finale. He was absolutely horrid! He was 4-11 for 36 yards and an INT. The Cowboys won 6-0 and everyone on this board was laughing thinking Philly was headed for a one and done. Never in a million years did I think Foles would perform in the playoffs the way he did and cap it off with an MVP Super Bowl performance.
I'm with you. That's part of what made his playoff run so incredible - he looked horrible and nervous in the run up to the playoffs. But the guy clutched up when it mattered. Have to give him credit.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Yup....passing on a QB that could be your starter.....that was dumb.
Won't lie, had to look at Dak's contract time. In doing so, a couple of months ago Stephen Jones was quoted in the paper that Dak is their QB until 2025. This would make sense confirming his statement.

Their mind is made up it appears (not living in Texas and not having local news sources, I could be wrong per my statement).

I'm not praising the Eagles, but it seems that they (Eagles) over the last decade have had no qualms with eating their losses and letting players go who either had a lot of money from the team or were fan favorites (particularly from their SB win). They (Eagles) seem to run their team more like a business with a end goal of winning. Reality is there is and never was any loyalty in the NFL other than a feel good one day signing so a long term player could officially retire with the team he played the majority of his career for. Lets face it, the reality is the way they let Wentz go was either sheer stupid luck or playing the odds on things people never considered. Personally, I have no clue why Indy was so stupid other than their owner has more of a clown show than Jerry.

That said, no one can argue that the Cowboys make money as a business with their marketing.

If the Cowboys win a SB in the next 3 years, the Jone's will become brilliant and all is forgiven, particularly on this board ;)

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
If the Cowboys win a SB in the next 3 years, the Jone's will become brilliant and all is forgiven, particularly on this board ;)
Not a chance in hell of that happening. 1 super bowl will not forgive them of the past 30 years of suckage.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Not a chance in hell of that happening. 1 super bowl will not forgive them of the past 30 years of suckage.
YOU sir are a HATER!:laugh:

I won't disagree with you, but I always try to look at the glass as half full;)

Reality is even a blind squirrel will find a nut from time to time...

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Reality is even a blind squirrel will find a nut from time to time...
I would be willing to bet it doesn't take a blind squirrel 30 years to find a nut. The Iggles have now been to 3 super bowls since 1995, and that makes me despise Jerry more than anything. I would be embarrassed, but not that old clueless goat.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I would be willing to bet it doesn't take a blind squirrel 30 years to find a nut. The Iggles have now been to 3 super bowls since 1995, and that makes me despise Jerry more than anything. I would be embarrassed, but not that old clueless goat.
I don't consider myself a "hater", but I can't help agree with you.

The issue Jerry has IMO is that he bought a team rich in tradition, players, and with 4 Super Bowl appearances. Take Jimmy Johnson and the mentality he built with that team (which played a role IMO when Jimmy wasn't there and they did win another SB) and the Jerry would be a bust as a owner IMO. That said, he's helped the NFL make a ton of money and the team he bought has more than returned his money per marketing. The bigger future issue is his son and family at this point IMO. That said, over time God willing, perhaps Stephen will actually hire people to run the team and make the press releases and just be happy to be in the background.

That said, we're all full of opinions and they're like buttholes...

Could always be worse, could be a browns fan...

offlimits

Reaction score
This offseason was an F. We should have

- Cut Dak
- Drafted Will Levis
- Drafted Hendon Hooker
- Brought in 3-4 UDFAs
- Sign Teddy Bridgewater
- Now bring in Foles!!!!
So basically a complete rebuild which would take 3-4 years. No thanks.