Twitter: Super Bowl winning QB available

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
I mentioned in an earlier post that his wild stat year came during his second season with Philly when he had a 119.2 passer rating. He threw 27 TD passes and only 2 INT‘s. He beat the Cowboys at home in a season finale elimination game. Romo was injured for that game and we were stuck with Kyle Orton.
Good memory, I actually went to that game down here too.

DZSierra

Reaction score
He's exactly the kind of guy we could have won with in the playoffs. Balls of steel under pressure.
The team has to get him to the playoffs first;)

The guy is a anomaly for QB's, and I think he had his moment of fame.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
If there was ever a flash in the pan, it was Nick Foles. He had had amazing playoff run in 2017 lighting it up in the Super Bowl, but completely flamed out after that. However, I would certainly look at him as a backup option, but you have knuckleheads here who would be screaming for him to be our starter. Lol
He also had another great year before that playoff run. Can't remember with who, but he started all year long, and set some record, cuz he had like 30 TDs and 2 INTs or something like that.

Pretty crazy career

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
The team has to get him to the playoffs first;)

The guy is a anomaly for QB's, and I think he had his moment of fame.
I actually agree with you - although that means you have to give the guy who got them to the playoffs credit (Wentz)....which is not a popular thing to say around here :). But the guy certainly made the most of his chance when he got it that's for sure.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I actually agree with you - although that means you have to give the guy who got them to the playoffs credit (Wentz)....which is not a popular thing to say around here :). But the guy certainly made the most of his chance when he got it that's for sure.
Sometimes the stars align just right.

Wentz was having a MVP that year before his injury (and did get his team to the playoffs), and by luck or the stars, Foles did play with balls of steel during their playoff run and played exceptional for that time.

I honestly think Foles should have retired after the SB win and leave on a high note given his time in the league at that point. He's mediocre at best and runs in streaks. Problem is, given a whole season, that may only equate to 8 wins. I'm honestly not a fan of Dak for numerous reasons given his time with the team, but he is by far a better QB than Foles over the long run IMO.

Jarntt

Reaction score
He's exactly the kind of guy we could have won with in the playoffs. Balls of steel under pressure.
We? Yes. As you are an Eagles fan he is exactly what you won with. Maybe if you had him this year you would have won again? I don't think Foles would have done this and cost his team the game

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Sometimes the stars align just right.

Wentz was having a MVP that year before his injury (and did get his team to the playoffs), and by luck or the stars, Foles did play with balls of steel during their playoff run and played exceptional for that time.

I honestly think Foles should have retired after the SB win and leave on a high note given his time in the league at that point. He's mediocre at best and runs in streaks. Problem is, given a whole season, that may only equate to 8 wins. I'm honestly not a fan of Dak for numerous reasons given his time with the team, but he is by far a better QB than Foles over the long run IMO.
I think I agree with most of that but the very end. Dak is obviously better over the long run stat wise, but he's been the anti-Foles in the playoffs. So in the end who's the better QB? To me it's Foles by a wide margin because he can play under playoff pressure, and that's literally all that matters to me. A QB like Dak is a curse because you end up wasting a decade because he's "almost good enough". Unless this defense becomes truly elite and he can Dilfer his was into a championship.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
We? Yes. As you are an Eagles fan he is exactly what you won with. Maybe if you had him this year you would have won again? I don't think Foles would have done this and cost his team the game

Not sure what the point of your post is.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hey, Foles did catch lightning in a bottle for a few games in the a late season and playoffs, running a once-in-a-lifetime, short-term match of offensive design and his skillset....., then back to being a below-average QB

gtb1943

Reaction score
Like Flacco, he got the hottest at the exact right moment.

He had a couple of excellent seasons but overall meh

But he certainly did have as has been said balls of sold titanium that SB run.
BIG BRASS COJONES.

DZSierra

Reaction score
We’re in year 8 and Dak has yet to have that moment.
The only difference is the team didn't have the excuse to play a different QB in the playoffs.

I think Dak is a good QB, but everyone kind of knew he could throw the game away (literally).

Dak had a regression last year IMO, but if they don't make a serious run this year with him at the helm of the team, I just don't know.

Hurts got paid because he's a decent QB, but the team made a serious run at the SB and I guess the team hopes he can keep the momentum going. At this point, not exactly sure where you put the price point on Dak. He got paid handsomely at the time for his contract, but I think everyone can agree he just isn't doing it (depending on what your view is of "doing it"). No different than Romo at the end of the day IMO.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Like Flacco, he got the hottest at the exact right moment.

He had a couple of excellent seasons but overall meh

But he certainly did have as has been said balls of sold titanium that SB run.
BIG BRASS COJONES.
Agreed. Although Flacco was a legit very good QB in his prime and he could also handle playoff pressure. But regardless, if you don't have an elite QB, you'd better have one that has brass ones when the playoffs start and who at least has a legit chance of going on a run. Otherwise - what's the point? Racking up regular season stats?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He also had another great year before that playoff run. Can't remember with who, but he started all year long, and set some record, cuz he had like 30 TDs and 2 INTs or something like that.

Pretty crazy career
That was in 2013 when he threw 27 TDs and only had 2 INT’s. He had a passer rating of 119.2. He fell way off after that season.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This offseason was an F. We should have

- Cut Dak
- Drafted Will Levis
- Drafted Hendon Hooker
- Brought in 3-4 UDFAs
- Sign Teddy Bridgewater
- Now bring in Foles!!!!
Yup....passing on a QB that could be your starter.....that was dumb.