Video: Supergirl TV Series Trailer

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Arrow and The Flash are great and Gotham decent enough. I'll give this a chance.

The Flash had a great 1st season. I didn't know what to expect going in, but after a couple of episodes, I was hooked. I could not wait for Tuesday nights to arrive. The season finale was well done imo. Cannot wait until it starts back up.

Arrow on the other hand let me down this season. I was pretty disappointed with season 3. I kept finding myself rooting for Oliver to fully commit to the LOA(even though I knewit wouldn't happen). I like seeing twists on the typical stories that have been told for years and absolutely love the darker side of the new movies and was hoping it would roll over to Arrow. Oh well, guess I'll see how next season goes.

Gotham didn't appeal to me at all. I have zero interest in Gordon without Batman being involved. Would prefer a Smallville like Batman show that delves in to before Batman, but while Bruce Wayne is old enough to start on his path to being Batman.

cml750

Reaction score
Anybody watch this. I recorded it on my DVR and just got around to watching it. I was a quite disappointed. I may give it another week to see if gets better but the pilot was terrible.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I wasted my time with the pilot episode. I won't watch anymore.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Anybody watch this. I recorded it on my DVR and just got around to watching it. I was a quite disappointed. I may give it another week to see if gets better but the pilot was terrible.

So she fights a guy from the Phantom zone with the same powers. Is every villain gonna be from the zone? I'm guessing they are gonna have to go the Smallville route eventually, where the different types of Kryptonite effects and changes people into villians. 'Cause I don't know what rogue gallery of villians she will have if she is the most powerful, like Superman.

cml750

Reaction score
So she fights a guy from the Phantom zone with the same powers. Is every villain gonna be from the zone? I'm guessing they are gonna have to go the Smallville route eventually, where the different types of Kryptonite effects and changes people into villians. 'Cause I don't know what rogue gallery of villians she will have if she is the most powerful, like Superman.

Something like that. It was not very good at all. It is hard to believe it is on a major network especially when a show as good as Smallville was never on a major network. If the beginning of episode #2 doesn't really grab my attention quickly I will not waste any more time on it.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Something like that. It was not very good at all. It is hard to believe it is on a major network especially when a show as good as Smallville was never on a major network. If the beginning of episode #2 doesn't really grab my attention quickly I will not waste any more time on it.

Ya, I watched Smallville from day one till the end. The girl who played Supergirl on that show was pretty good. The one for this version, seems pretty inexperienced acting wise. Kind of cheesy golly and gosh acting.

cml750

Reaction score
Ya, I watched Smallville from day one till the end. The girl who played Supergirl on that show was pretty good. The one for this version, seems pretty inexperienced acting wise. Kind of cheesy golly and gosh acting.

She wasn't the biggest problem. The writing was horrible. I am not saying she was great but she didn't have much to work with.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
She wasn't the biggest problem. The writing was horrible. I am not saying she was great but she didn't have much to work with.

She was ok. Just not very experienced to play such a character. Her fighting scenes. She didn't portray that intensity or will that a more experienced actress could give.

cml750

Reaction score
She was ok. Just not very experienced to play such a character. Her fighting scenes. She didn't portray that intensity or will that a more experienced actress could give.

Can't argue with you on that.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

1980's campy.
2000's special effects.

The characters and their development ... unless very strong... Won't be able save this show from cancellation.

I don't hate... Just nothing special.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
If she cant turn into a pepperoni pizza by morning im not watching this hoopla.

burmafrd

Reaction score
one thing I did like

the main character is not a mental basket case as virtually every other single one on TV today.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Thought it was terrible writing. Like it was aimed at the 10-12 year old market, so they didn't worry about trying to make it good or internally consistent. Not my favorite characters, but I was trying to give it a fair shake. Couldn't even finish the episode.

Hopefully we'll get more Defenders tie ins soon. 'Cause Supergirl couldn't carry Daredevil's cane.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The part I laughed at was the opening, it was said Supergirl was sent to Earth, to PROTECT baby Kal-El. What a joke. So Superman was 1st in DC Comics in 1938. And 20 years later, 1959 Supergirl is created. What was the need to rewrite Superman's origin story? He didn't need to be protected. The Kent's did a pretty good job protecting and raising him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've thought this idea was a waste of time and money since it was announced. Much like Hollywood continuing to remake and lose money on Peter Pan, this is a knockoff character that nobody cares about.

Plenty of train wreck, bad ideas are seen before they happen, and yet Hollywood goes ahead with them anyway.

Put this next to Johnny Depp as Tonto, John Carter from Mars, a reimagined Josh Trank Fantastic Four that nobody wanted, and that Gem & the Holograms nonsense.

Nobody was asking for this, and nobody wanted it.

cml750

Reaction score
I've thought this idea was a waste of time and money since it was announced. Much like Hollywood continuing to remake and lose money on Peter Pan, this is a knockoff character that nobody cares about.

Plenty of train wreck, bad ideas are seen before they happen, and yet Hollywood goes ahead with them anyway.

Put this next to Johnny Depp as Tonto, John Carter from Mars, a reimagined Josh Trank Fantastic Four that nobody wanted, and that Gem & the Holograms nonsense.

Nobody was asking for this, and nobody wanted it.

Superheros are all the rage right now. It would have worked if they did it right. I was excited and I am a 46 year old man. I have liked almost every superhero movie or TV show that has ever come out with just a few exceptions like Man of Steel. Sadly, they screwed it up big time. Also, you are comparing it to movies. This is a badly written TV show. Hard to believe CBS even let a pilot this bad air.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Writers dont seem to have a clue on how to have a super hero interact with normal villains so they have to bring in villains who have their own super powers and are "unbeatable" in the beginning of the show, only to be easily dominated later on.

It is the same issue with the Flash, terrible writing and blah casting and terrible bad guys 4 of which had super speed as well.

To me it was one of the reasons why the Dark Knight was so good, Joker was scary and believable so it made for a great story.