Video: Supergirl TV Series Trailer

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just watched the 2nd episode. It was much better than the first(it would be hard to be worse) but it is still has a ways to go before I would like it. I may give it one more try. I agree with DallasEast rankings of the superhero shows although I have not seen any episodes of The Flash but it would be hard for the Flash to be worse than this.
I don't want anyone getting the the wrong impression. I do believe The Flash could translate more realistically on the small screen but I do enjoy the show very much. The CGI does an excellent job of showcasing his speed. The actor playing the multiple Harrison Wells character was a solid casting choice.

I am so... SO happy they've written out/moved past the Barry's father prison subplot simply for ridding the show of the actor playing him. The same guy originally played the title character back in the early 90's on television. I feel like the producers of the show felt obligated somehow to include him but it wasn't necessary in my opinion. Seeing Barry's father gave me a campy deja vu vibe constantly.

Reimaging Joe and Iris West's casting was good also. Both actors are solid choices. I do sometimes forget that the Joe West actor isn't playing scenes from Law & Order sometimes since it's practically the same character I think. Candice Patton is an enjoyable combination of talent and beauty. I have a love/hate appreciation for the Cisco character. On one hand, he's brilliant and have been doing a good job relating his newfound abilities on camera. On the other hand, his over-the-top enthusiasm ratches up the show's campy element by several degrees. The actress playing Dr. Snow seems sort of a miscast. She's cute and nerdy enough but she doesn't seem to really connect emotionally with her fellow actors in scenes sometimes.

The Flash's rogue gallery hasn't been outstanding but workable. Reverse-Flash was great though. Pied Piper was good. Captain Cold has the calculating part down but not sinister enough. Mark Hamill as The Trickster was awful.

On the hero side, Green Arrow was a very good crossover event. It looks like the show cannot make a reasonable duo of Firestorm (now on their second try). Brandon Routh as The Atom was... gawd-awful.

I think The CW is perfect for shows like The Flash and Arrow. Although The CW is a regular broadcast network, it's programming is more alternative based and doesn't compete directly with the shows on ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX--even though The CW's programs do compete with the other network for ratings in reality. The show has a wonderful opportunity to get better and grow. I believe it can strengthen its audience with more dramatic fare but that's a choice the show's producers must agree to for themselves.

Edit: lol. Forgot to mention Grant Gustin. Good choice for the hero. He comes off a little too boyish but it does make his character more relatable. I do believe he could pull off more dramatic material if it was thrown at him.

Last edited:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Just watched the last show. One thing the tv show doesn't include is her superspeed. She never uses it when on ground. She waits for the villain to attack her. Doesn't move with the speed to avoid it. She moves around like a human. Bad writing.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Just watched the last show. One thing the tv show doesn't include is her superspeed. She never uses it when on ground. She waits for the villain to attack her. Doesn't move with the speed to avoid it. She moves around like a human. Bad writing.

Me personally, I didn't like that (super speed while fighting)crap in MOS.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I meant anti gravity when flying. No anti gravity when on the ground. Change their name to Semi-Superman or or Semi-Supergirl.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finally stopped to watch the third episode and liked it more than the first two. Kara's forming her own Scooby Gang with her sister, Olsen, and her office co-worker. Enjoyed the Superman cameo, even though it was super brief (pun intended). Enjoyed the instant messaging between Kara and Kal more. It made her character seem more genuine to me than it had been to this point.

Did anyone else get the feeling Cat recognized Kara as her assistant at the beginning of the episode but quickly acted like she didn't during the interview? It would make perfect sense to me, seeing that the character is a hyper-observant person.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Finally stopped to watch the third episode and liked it more than the first two. Kara's forming her own Scooby Gang with her sister, Olsen, and her office co-worker. Enjoyed the Superman cameo, even though it was super brief (pun intended). Enjoyed the instant messaging between Kara and Kal more. It made her character seem more genuine to me than it had been to this point.

Did anyone else get the feeling Cat recognized Kara as her assistant at the beginning of the episode but quickly acted like she didn't during the interview? It would make perfect sense to me, seeing that the character is a hyper-observant person.

The prob is that Kara and Supergirl have the same pitch in their voice. No difference. Christopher Reeve played both characters voice differently. People are too dumb to notice Kara is Supergirl.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The prob is that Kara and Supergirl have the same pitch in their voice. No difference. Christopher Reeve played both characters voice differently. People are too dumb to notice Kara is Supergirl.
Good point. I won't hold it against the show though. Melissa Benoist's portrayal of Supergirl is slightly corny but not as exaggerated as Reeve's rendition of Clark Kent. Her's works better for 2015. Kara Danvers' voice inflections are perfect in my opinion. I think Benoist could differentiate between the two Kara's vocally by making Supergirl's dialogue more mature sounding.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The show is rounding up nicely. I really enjoyed tonight's episode of Livewire. It earned a few brownie points from me for the mention of Orphan Black. Brit Morgan is very good casting for the villain. The lightning CGI was good and well-supporting. Just an all-around good adaptation of the comics character to television. And the Cat Grant and Eliza Danvers characters are developing well. I must admit the direction of the show is growing more on me every single week.

3771787-6472587294-livew.jpg

Livewire

4892198-6011148091-10717.jpg

Brit Morgan as Leslie Willis/Livewire​

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Livewire. Episode 5, moved to Episode 4. And Episode 4 (How Does She Do It), moved to Episode 5. That show truly was a LIvewire to move one spot.

kristie

Reaction score

i noticed that too.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Just watched episode 4 (bomb plot). Nothing more gripping than Kara concerned over Jimmy Olsen's love life. Can't wait for another episode when the majority of the plot is about Jimmy Olsen's love life. Or maybe it'll be "Jimmy decides to buy a hairpiece. Oh ya, and more on his love life!"

Last edited:

arglebargle

Reaction score
Just watched episode 4 (bomb plot). Nothing more gripping than Kara concerned over Jimmy Olsen's love life. Can't wait for another episode when the majority of the plot is about Jimmy Olsen's love life. Or maybe it'll be "Jimmy decides to buy a hairpiece. Oh ya, and more on his love life!"

Well, the show is not aimed at you. (or me). I see it squarely targetting the Twilight Crowd, ie 10-14 year old girls. Watching the pre-release publicity, there was definitely a lot of 'girl-power' focus. Probably a smart marketing decision too. Unplumbed demographic segment, and at the age that brand loyalties start being formed. It doesn't stop other folks from enjoying it too, of course. Just some... ;(